IGNORED

Path to the Tour?

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Domenic

fair enough, but I don't really care about one pro you encountered, theres hundreds, and someday Im gonna be one of 'em.

What are those sayings?

Talk is...........

Actions speak louder than..........

Your dream to be rich and famous isn't being backed up by any evidence that you have the drive or interest to work at being the best golfer you can be. You just want free clothes and clubs and chicks. Sounds cool.

The funny thing is, for many who actually do make it to e PGA Tour, that's the easy bit.

Winning a tour card has been described as a licence to lose money.

You aren't even telling us what you are doing, golf wise. As someone else mentioned, sitting on a golf forum is not a path to the tour. But, hey, what do I know, I got to plus 2, thought I'd be good enough to be a teaching pro, started a traineeship and changed my mind. You know it all, have no game but you're going to make it. Let's see some progress.

How about you get back to us when you break 90 20 times in a row?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Shorty

What are those sayings?

Talk is...........

Actions speak louder than..........

Your dream to be rich and famous isn't being backed up by any evidence that you have the drive or interest to work at being the best golfer you can be. You just want free clothes and clubs and chicks. Sounds cool.

The funny thing is, for many who actually do make it to e PGA Tour, that's the easy bit.

Winning a tour card has been described as a licence to lose money.

You aren't even telling us what you are doing, golf wise. As someone else mentioned, sitting on a golf forum is not a path to the tour. But, hey, what do I know, I got to plus 2, thought I'd be good enough to be a teaching pro, started a traineeship and changed my mind. You know it all, have no game but you're going to make it. Let's see some progress.

How about you get back to us when you break 90 20 times in a row?

Shorty, I totally will................and I realized today in my yard hitting wedges onto my drawn out green in the snow, that  I won't worry about being a Tour Pro now, its so much easy if I just focus on becoming a better golfer. Now the heavy weight of my longing and future is lifted from my shoulders and I can just get back to doing what I love to do; having fun , enjoying the game of golf. Know, love, and serve the Lord, let the chips fall where they may.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

Shorty, I totally will................and I realized today in my yard hitting wedges onto my drawn out green in the snow, that  I won't worry about being a Tour Pro now, its so much easy if I just focus on becoming a better golfer. Now the heavy weight of my longing and future is lifted from my shoulders and I can just get back to doing what I love to do; having fun, enjoying the game of golf. Know, love, and serve the Lord, let the chips fall where they may.

Now you're making sense.

Anyway, if you are serious about the first bit, you're on the way.That's the right approach.

this thread has actually taught me alot amidst all the BS and backtalk, and swearing, and, well you get the point

WOW!!! I just stumbled upon this thread and I am at a loss of words. Shorty and all the guys arguing with a 13 year old and trying to knock down his dreams, you really need to get a life. How many of you guys still live in your parents basement? And Shorty, you should be required to take down that profile picture for what you have been saying. You do realize what you are saying to this kid is exactly what made Michael Jordan, right? I understand you being honest with a kid, but to knock him down and say it is impossible is completely uncalled for. You could have just said, its gonna be tough, make sure you concentrate on school and work hard on your game...and left it at that. But you spent hours and hours talking crap with a kid. You have made it clear that you don't have much else going on in your life, but you aren't gonna get that time back. I know he egged you on a little bit, but he is 13!!! If a middle aged man said the stuff that you were saying to me, I would have been talking the same crap that he was...I probably would have been worse. WOW!!!!! Some of these posts almost make me want to close down my account....you have done thesandtrap.com a disservice! And god have mercy on your souls! And domenic. I wish you all the best buddy! Working hard is all you can do. If the PGA tour is what the man upstairs has planned for you, then so be it. If not, then thats okay too. You can still be successful doing something else...you seem like a smart kid. My biggest piece of advice would be to get off the blogs and get to a putting green. Wasting your time arguing with guys like shorty aren't gonna get you anywhere. Ya Know? Although I'm sure it was fun! ha ha! Just keep dreaming and go after it. Good luck!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Some of these posts almost make me want to close down my account....you have done thesandtrap.com a disservice! And god have mercy on your souls!

How tragic for you.

WOW!!! I just stumbled upon this thread and I am at a loss of words. Shorty and all the guys arguing with a 13 year old and trying to knock down his dreams, you really need to get a life. How many of you guys still live in your parents basement? And Shorty, you should be required to take down that profile picture for what you have been saying. You do realize what you are saying to this kid is exactly what made Michael Jordan, right? I understand you being honest with a kid, but to knock him down and say it is impossible is completely uncalled for. You could have just said, its gonna be tough, make sure you concentrate on school and work hard on your game...and left it at that. But you spent hours and hours talking crap with a kid. You have made it clear that you don't have much else going on in your life, but you aren't gonna get that time back. I know he egged you on a little bit, but he is 13!!! If a middle aged man said the stuff that you were saying to me, I would have been talking the same crap that he was...I probably would have been worse. WOW!!!!! Some of these posts almost make me want to close down my account....you have done thesandtrap.com a disservice! And god have mercy on your souls!

And domenic. I wish you all the best buddy! Working hard is all you can do. If the PGA tour is what the man upstairs has planned for you, then so be it. If not, then thats okay too. You can still be successful doing something else...you seem like a smart kid. My biggest piece of advice would be to get off the blogs and get to a putting green. Wasting your time arguing with guys like shorty aren't gonna get you anywhere. Ya Know? Although I'm sure it was fun! ha ha! Just keep dreaming and go after it. Good luck!

As I have said before this thread just keeps on giving and giving... Personally Shorty is not one of my favorites. I find his comments abrasive and caustic most times and I can understand why you would have the reaction you did but I'll say he is not wrong. And besides to quote "legendary" football coach Dennis Green, "the great thing about America is everyone is entitled to their opinion. The other great thing is about America is you don't have to listen to it." I'm speaking a little tongue in cheek but I think Shorty's take is if the kid was serious he wouldn't be arguing with people on this forum about how he is going to light up the PGA Tour. The fact that the OP is 13 is irrelevant considering who knows how many other 13 year olds are working their tails off right this minute working on their games chasing the same dream the OP is. If anything, Shorty is doing the kid a favor hopefully by motivating him to get to work like every other future PGA Tour player will have done when they were 13 years old.

And may God have mercy on his soul?!? A little dramatic isn't it? Look, I'm not here to tell anyone what their beliefs should be but I seriously doubt when Shorty's time comes God will open the book of life and this thread will be there. If God is reading TST fourms then a few guys on here (sean miller I'm looking at you! ) better pack some sunscreen.

Anyway, I'm not trying to harsh on anyone. To the OP, I wish you the best and as always the ball is in your court.

I'm new to this Golf Forum.

I played a different sport growing up, Baseball.  I dreamed about playing in the big leagues just about everyday of my life.  I was fortunate enough to have guys like Shorty around me and in my environment when I was growing up.  I had encouragment and support of family and friends.  It helped take me to a College Division I scholarship and then a 6 year professional career.  I now coach the game I love for a nice living.  No, I didn't make it to the Majore Leagues, but got damn close, and now get to reap the benefits for all my hard work growing up and can make a good living and not be at a desk all day.  Point is, it's ok for a young kid to have dreams.  That's part of the fun of being a kid!

I played a different sport growing up, Baseball.  I dreamed about playing in the big leagues just about everyday of my life.  I was fortunate enough to have guys like Shorty around me and in my environment when I was growing up.  I had encouragment and support of family and friends.  It helped take me to a College Division I scholarship and then a 6 year professional career.  I now coach the game I love for a nice living.  No, I didn't make it to the Majore Leagues, but got damn close, and now get to reap the benefits for all my hard work growing up and can make a good living and not be at a desk all day.  Point is, it's ok for a young kid to have dreams.  That's part of the fun of being a kid!

I agree with you! And I'm rather new to this forum as well...so i guess thats why this thread shocked me. But I guess it is par for the course. ba dump bump, ching! I didn't quite make it as far as you did, but did play division 1 baseball...more road the bench but I was on the team. Growing up that was all I thought about...it was my dream to make it! And though my dream was probably a little out there, especially considering my physical stature, I still worked my ass off. And I don't regret it for one second! It gave me the work ethic to move on with my life and never be satisfied with being just mediocre. Its people like the haters in this thread that kill kids motivation and ruin their lives. If you keep knocking them down, they won't work hard at anything because they won't think that they are capable of doing something big. They will end up working at a gas station or something... and as far as shorty's "Tragic" comment he made. The only thing that would be tragic is if you reproduced. Would you say that stuff to your kid?? If you already have become a parent, you might want to rethink your outlook on life a little bit. And "God have mercy on your souls" comment was a billy madison reference...and more of a joke. I'm sure it did sound dramatic. Sorry!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballGolfer

. . . dramatic . .

Coincidentally this basically captures the entire Domenic Path To the PGA Tour experience.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Coincidentally this basically captures the entire Domenic Path To the PGA Tour experience.

so true but its been fun, 9 more posts and were at 200

Originally Posted by jhwmusic  Its people like the haters in this thread that kill kids motivation and ruin their lives.

Where are the "haters"?  Are people who say that a 26 handicapper needs to become a better player before winning a major "haters"?

There are people on this thread like myself saying that you should boast about it (if at all) once you've done it, not when you're dreaming of it.

But the important thing you've missed, in your sanctimonious and smug response is that young Domenic dreams of fame and fortune, not of being the best he can be. His dream has little to do with golf and more with the fanytasy of being rich and getti g a famous girlfriend due to his fame.

If people who believe in reality checks and hard work "ruin" lives, then so be it.

Non believers in others' dreams should provide motivation, but, as I've said, Domenic has his eye on the prize and the OP title is ironic, because it's not the path or journey he's after, but the destination.

Naturally, if I'd said "You can do it man, go for it, anything is possible, heck, Nick O'Hearn was a 3 marker whe he turned pro, so that's proof that you can do it" I'd be a great guy.

But if I said that Garcia played off +7 when he was an amateur, that'd be negative.

You can't win with the "positive" types with no grip on reality.

I think his dream has shifted slightly to get this thread to 200 posts. It is more entertainment for the Trappers...Dominic included. Here's to getting to 200!

It started as a dream, but now it is reach. Go the extra mile and live life to the fullest. Two hundred...say it, say it, come on you know you want to be part of the dream.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Fact is this. Everybody has/had dreams and visions growing up.  Some people make those dreams come true, and some don't.  Some people's dreams change, whether it's through maturity or time, or because they realize that the dream is unattainable and new priorities need to be set.  But never is it ok to tell a 13 year old to not have dreams.......   unless if he/she is sleeping in class

Originally Posted by BaseballGolfer But never is it ok to tell a 13 year old to not have dreams.......   unless if he/she is sleeping in class

And that has never happened on this forum.

Why don't you read the thread.

Did I say that it happened in this forum?  Why did you take so much offense to my comment?!  Did I mention your name?

I work with kids on their game everyday.  I've listened to dreams, and have had people tell me I couldn't do things too.  I was making a general statement to the forum.  Maybe you should develop some thicker skin, it may even help your game!

Originally Posted by BaseballGolfer

Did I say that it happened in this forum?  Why did you take so much offense to my comment?!  Did I mention your name?

I work with kids on their game everyday.  I've listened to dreams, and have had people tell me I couldn't do things too.  I was making a general statement to the forum.  Maybe you should develop some thicker skin, it may even help your game!

Then why mention it?

But you wrote: But never is it ok to tell a 13 year old to not have dreams.......

Of course you're saying that it happened on this forum. So why mention the age of 13?

Because you know and everyone else knows that this discussion is about Domenic. He started it, after all.

I am offended because your comment is patronising and naive. You're also being dishonest.

It should go without saying that one shouldn't tell people not to have dreams.

But I notice that you don't tell 13 year olds not to tell people to "F*** Off" on golf forums. That's OK, because he's a "dreamer".

Give me a break.

Note: This thread is 4466 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!