IGNORED

Path to the Tour?

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by I-league

worked fine for KJ. A devout Christian,

I have to step in here.

To give jesus or god the recognition for the accomplishments in your own life - is proof that you have no confidence in yourself.

A man can and does achieve things by his own accord, without the help of any deity.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by I-league

worked fine for KJ. A devout Christian,

Here's the difference:

K.J. Choi is not only a great golfer, but a very humble human being and a great humanitarian.

Domenic is a boastful, rude, arrogant brat with no manners and an inflated opinion of himself. He doesn't listen to advice and only hears what he wants to hear. He has achieved nothing in his life at this point, which is not his fault, given his age, but the signs are not good for his future given what he has revealed on this site. He disrespects others and refers them to tacky music videos to explain his disrespect and rudeness because he can't articulate his own thoughts sensibly.

He even suspiciously questioned the integrity of a generous and respected forum member who was selling a wedge at a good price.

Bit of a difference, no?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Domenic, whether you like or dislike some of the comments on here, mostly everyone is giving you an constructive idea of the competitive golf scene. I've only been in less than a handful of tournaments and the one thing I noticed is that a LOT of the competitors (more than half of the field) are young teenagers. I encourage you to play, or even spectate, these local tournaments and see the level of competition that you have against you.

After you realize how competitive it is, I would get started working on getting your handicap down. Again everyone here can help you constructively, but don't burn your bridges.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Geez, let's end this....THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES to all others than Shorty. I'll talk to him privately about his deal. He's got no right to judge. I know you guys mean well even if I view as negative, and I thank you.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by Domenic

Geez, let's end this....THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES to all others than Shorty. I'll talk to him privately about his deal. He's got no right to judge. I know you guys mean well even if I view as negative, and I thank you.

He's got as much as a right as you do - yet you judge him?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I have every right in the world to judge.

Your problem is that you don't like the consequences of your actions.

If you want to be judged favourably, stop sprouting nonsense and typing in capital letters and read what is being written to you and about you.

If you think that people aren't allowed to judge you when you invite judgement and criticism then you're even more ignorant than your previous posts indicate.

My "deal" is  that I find you an obnoxious and rude twirp.

You have no humility and no respect for other people.

You can't differentiate between blind ambition and ambition and you are very stubborn for someone your age.

You don't need to try to ingratiate yourself to others by thanking them and excluding me. I'm happy to call a spade a spade, and you, young man, represent everything that people find wroing with your generation and that is why you have been stereotyped as a rude, ignorant, selfish and foolish brat.

Everyone is pretty much saying the same as me, but you can't see that. Some people gave you the benefit of the doubt early on because of your age but you aren'r reading between the lines. Others chhose to be more tactful, but you can't even respect that and respond intelligently, instead you try to curry favour and suck up.

You can say whatever you like to me in public and if others aren't over this thread already they will be by then.

Or, if you really want to "end this", stop leaving inane replies.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I just want to start by saying I'm much less removed from being a naive 13 year old than most posters here, so maybe I have a different perspective. On the other hand, I've always been good at school and have known for a long time that I have little innate athletic ability, so...there's that. Domenic, you're not going to be able to go anywhere on the internet, tell the world you're a 26 handicap as a 13 year old, and expect everyone to say you're the next KJ Choi or Ian Poulter (picked because they started late). Being a Tour pro is a one in a million shot, even if you have the talent, work ethic, and the desire. I was about a 20 handicap when I was 13 years old, now I'm 19 years old and I'm about a 2. But I'm miles from pro, no matter how hard I work. Could you do it? Sure. But the overwhelming chances are you won't. Take that as an insult or motivation, I don't care. It's your choice. [quote name="Domenic" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/54#post_668310"] Go on, cyberbully a kid probs 6 times younger than you. That should boost your self esteem, you say I have a problem. And I wasn't boasting. And who knows maybe I'll play off a plus cap when im 15, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." But if I don't, he won  when he was 20. I'll get there by that time. All in all, this sums up what I have to say to Shorty [URL=http://www.google.com/imgres?q=backslap&hl;=en&safe;=strict&biw;=853&bih;=545&gbv;=2&tbm;=isch&tbnid;=sLjCb3GmlTCXQM:&imgrefurl;=http://troll.me/bitch-please-ill-back-slap-yo-a]http://www.google.com/imgres?q=backslap&hl;=en&safe;=strict&biw;=853&bih;=545&gbv;=2&tbm;=isch&tbnid;=sLjCb3GmlTCXQM:&imgrefurl;=http://troll.me/bitch-please-ill-back-slap-yo-a[/URL] this sums up what I have to say to the rest of you...MERRY CHRISTMAS[/quote] While he's probably been more constructively criticizing, I don't think Shorty's gone anywhere even near the realm of cyberbullying. Don't insult the people who actually have been cyberbullied. You're a 26 handicap at age 13. Expect detractors. [quote name="Domenic" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/54#post_668304"] alright Shorty, I'm not allowed to give away my last name. If I did, you could google me, i've tried and i come up for lots of stuff, then.....bad stuff could happen, it's just not sensical......SECONDLY, i have broken 100, 3 times dumbass, yeah i said it, DUMBASS, i fight fire or whatever the hell you are with fire. What do you mean track my stats, please elaborate. All in all it was just a question, I don't think I'm God, nor am I suicidal. I honestly don't know why you seem to have it in for me. You say I know nothing about the game. YOU HYPOCRITE!!!!!!!!You know nothing about me!!!! You don;t even know my last name!!!!!! lest my personality. I tried to not end bitterly, but come on. You judging me is just uncool. So call me names, you don't even know my last.......On a better note to all people whose usernames refer to themselves as atleast average height, Nationwide Tour? I could play in Q School, if i finsh low, I'll move in to the Nationwide. Then I'll keep working to I make it big. Those tourneys are held at everyday courses. Jason Day won at my own club, Stonewater by shooting in low 70's, high 60's. Hell, I could do that.............but first, I'll focus on breaking 90.[/quote] My last name is Weiss, for all that care. My first name is Jamieson. Google it if you care, it's mostly TST stuff. BTW, Dumbass isn't fighting fire with fire, it's getting overly riled up about someone whose opinion differs from your own. We might not know your personality, but you should know it's not exactly appearing to be roses and daisies from this end. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/72#post_668336"] I have to step in here. To give jesus or god the recognition for the accomplishments in your own life - is proof that you have no confidence in yourself. A man can and does achieve things by his own accord, without the help of any deity.[/quote] I'm putting these in a spoiler because it's off topic, but I've always been wary of religions that ask/encourage you not to take credit for your good accomplishments. Kinda sucks, IMO. [quote name="Domenic" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/18#post_668071"] OKAY..............thanks to all who encourage me unthanks to all who say I will never make it, I suppose your just stating your belief but come on.....just remember what you say when your watching me light up your TV screen in 10 years..... upside to thread: its gotten the most responses I've ever had downside to thread: I'm going to have to insist that Shorty and all other negatives go listen to "Mean" by Taylor Swift [/quote] I've never understood that song. People say she's not the greatest singer and she's going to come out on top because she's going to be "living in a big ol' city?" If you say so.[/SPOILER] [quote name="Domenic" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/72#post_668344"] Geez, let's end this....THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES to all others than Shorty. I'll talk to him privately about his deal. He's got no right to judge. I know you guys mean well even if I view as negative, and I thank you. [/quote] He's got the right to judge. If you want to be successful at anything, expect everyone to judge. [quote name="Domenic" url="/t/54788/path-to-the-tour/18#post_667979"] not everyone has the work ethic or strong desire to[/quote] Being a Tour pro take a hell of a lot more than work ethic and strong desire. I think if you told most golfers "hey, you could be on the Tour some day if you work at it and really want it," they'd do whatever you told them to. Most people would work hard if they are given an opportunity to do something they love. Work ethic sounds nice, but people have ceilings.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm sorry, but i think that you are being naive and extremely unrealistic. I'm 16 years old, and i'm of a 1 handicap, not a "get it round" 1 handicap, but a tournament golfer 1 handicap. The last 3 tournaments i've played in I've won with scores of 73, 74 and 70. All on par 72 courses. Will i play on the pga tour when i grow up? No. I have travelled to state tournaments, and believe me , the talent out there exceeds what Shorty or anyone else is saying. I have come across 13 year old +3 handicaps, an 11 year old scratch, and trust me, however much you think you "want it," these kids have been bred into golfing machines, they get homeschooled in the evening, and play golf all day. It sounds corny, but this is all these kids know.

Unless you can convince your parents to drop you out of school and allow you to LIVE ( no joke, to catch up to these people you will have to live on the course), with all due respect, it just can't be done. If you want to play for a living: 1. Win Lotto

2. Start practicing for the Champions tour.

Sorry man.

Wow! Great post Cracker. Good insight for anybody that wants to pursue the dream.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Ok I am a bit curious. Can anyone tell me how many PGA pros were home schooled? I definitely haven't been keeping stats but I heard about enough to them being 3 sport stars in HS to think that most had a pretty normal education. Spending 8+ hours a day is definitely the way to get good fast. I am not 100% sure if it gives you a higher peak than some one spends 1000 hours a year (still a lot but not as consuming as the 2000+ that an 8 hour a day guy would spent) when you get out to the 10 year mark.

Obviously making as a pro golfer is about the same as making it as a pro in every other sport. Millions try and a couple hundred make it. And the ones that fail were often very successful right up until the last step. For example go look at exUS amateur or NCAA champions. Yes you will see famous names like Tiger Woods. You will also a see a bunch of guys that are struggling to make a living as golfers. They were the best (ok more like top 10 or so given the variance in tournament golf) in the country but they still could struggle to make it as a pro.

Quote:

I'm sorry, but i think that you are being naive and extremely unrealistic. I'm 16 years old, and i'm of a 1 handicap, not a "get it round" 1 handicap, but a tournament golfer 1 handicap. The last 3 tournaments i've played in I've won with scores of 73, 74 and 70. All on par 72 courses. Will i play on the pga tour when i grow up? No. I have travelled to state tournaments, and believe me , the talent out there exceeds what Shorty or anyone else is saying. I have come across 13 year old +3 handicaps, an 11 year old scratch, and trust me, however much you think you "want it," these kids have been bred into golfing machines, they get homeschooled in the evening, and play golf all day. It sounds corny, but this is all these kids know.

Unless you can convince your parents to drop you out of school and allow you to LIVE ( no joke, to catch up to these people you will have to live on the course), with all due respect, it just can't be done. If you want to play for a living: 1. Win Lotto

2. Start practicing for the Champions tour.

Sorry man.

Whilst taking lengthy periods off from school to travel to tournaments all over America, I'd assume. He probably was missing from school more often than actually being at school.

Quote:

I know Nicklaus went to school all the way to college

Originally Posted by deasy55

Whilst taking lengthy periods off from school to travel to tournaments all over America, I'd assume. He probably was missing from school more often than actually being at school.

quite true. he had to miss some huge chunk of time and tournaments for OSU whilst playing in the Walker Cup. His first official win was the Trans Missisippi Open I believe, I think he was a freshman at that point I don't know, its been a while since I've read his auto

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

From wikipeadia (I know):

Quote:

Nicklaus won the first of five straight Ohio State Junior titles at the age of 12. At 13, he broke 70 at Scioto Country Club for the first time, and became that year's youngest qualifier into the US Junior Amateur, where he survived three match-play rounds. He had earned a handicap of +3 at age 13, the lowest in the Columbus area. Nicklaus won the Tri-State High School Championship (Ohio/Kentucky/Indiana) at the age of 14 with a round of 68, and also recorded his first hole-in-one in tournament play the same year. At 15, Nicklaus shot a 66 at Scioto Country Club, which was the amateur course record, and qualified for his first US Amateur. He won the Ohio Open in 1956 at age 16, highlighted by a phenomenal third round of 64, competing against professionals. In all, Nicklaus won 27 events in the Ohio area from age 10 to age 17.

He definitely wasn't in school too often with that playing schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domenic View Post

quite true. he had to miss some huge chunk of time and tournaments for OSU whilst playing in the Walker Cup. His first official win was the Trans Missisippi Open I believe, I think he was a freshman at that point I don't know, its been a while since I've read his auto

Note: This thread is 4460 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!