IGNORED

Path to the Tour?

Domenic
Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Domenic

I'm gonna try and get down to a 14 range this year so that next year, summer of 2013 I'll get to single digit, and then.........How do I go about this?

Well you have 2 days to get down to a 14.

Good luck....?

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have another shot at Van Halen, I just read they are getting back together with David Lee Roth and heading out on tour.

Originally Posted by Sandwedge74

To the 13 year old who started this thread - Kid your gonna be fine.

When I was 13,  I wanted to play bass in Van Halen.

I kept at it - went to music conservatory and then a prestigious grad school for music in new york.

after all is said and done ...did I join Van Halen - obviously not.  (we can leave alone the obvious problems that band has).

However, I have had a 20 year music career which includes performing in 18 different countries. I have played Bass with the Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead, Branford Marsalis, John Popper of Blue Traveler and many more.  - again, I didn't make it to Van Halen.

When I left touring I got a nice job teaching music at two colleges here in California.

my point is this, from 13 till 20 something I never gave up my Van Halen dream and it helped motivate and steer me through career probably as treacherous as a PGA career. but there's lots you can do in the Golf world besides the PGA Tour but right now - you only need to focus on your dreams and work as hard as you can for them. The rest will take care if itself.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

To the OP: on this website, a guy like you pops up every three weeks or so. And every single one of you guys returns to the internet abyss never to be heard from again after just a few weeks. Maybe technology's advancements will change this in the coming years, but I have yet to see a single tour pro look in the camera after surviving Q-School and saying, "to all the haters on the net who said this day would never come...."

The guys who make it on tour don't have time to waste on the internet asking others if they can make it or not. They're out there in the shit practicing their tails off, surrounded by other great players who are doing the exact same thing.

Constantine

I'm gonna try and get down to a 14 range this year so that next year, summer of 2013 I'll get to single digit, and then.........How do you go about this?

This is not a more moderate version of your previous thread.

It is equally ridiculous. Did you not reflect at all in your brief stay in th penalty box?

Do you seriously think that someone is going to write an essay fro you on how to get to a 14 handicap?

For heaven's sake, if you want to be told how to do it, type in "How to improve at golf" in Google and read the seven million responses. You'll maybe find a few dozen articles or threads on golf web sites that are useful to you.

Get out on the course.

Play as much as you can.

Practice.

Have lessons.

Live in the present.

What else are you seriously hoping to be told here?

If you are young and fit and have a bit of talent, you'll probably achieve the goal comfortably.

There is no reason why a dedicated and coordinated young player can't get to about 10 by their 14th birthday.

Come on - this is getting annoying.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I can't believe this thread still has legs. I guess I just added to its legacy lol.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm gonna try and get down to a 14 range this year so that next year, summer of 2013 I'll get to single digit, and then.........How do I go about this?

I'm assuming you've already picked up the Mizuno blades? If not, step 1.) buy a set of Mizuno blades. step 2.) Start gaming the %&* out of those blades!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

I can't believe this thread still has legs. I guess I just added to its legacy lol.

I'm just as shocked as you: HELL YEAH!!

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Quote:

Get out on the course.

Play as much as you can.

Practice.

Have lessons.

Live in the present.

What else are you seriously hoping to be told here?

Nothing, but how do I go about practicing, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Obviously, I'm not asking for the secret to life (42) I'm just wondering from some better players (supposedly you) how a sucky player would go about getting better. Simple

Learn to use the search function, there's a lot of good information on practice drills and techniques from the past few years.  Until you post a swing video online that we can all access without visiting a foreign site and logging in as you, generic information is the best you can hope for.

Nothing, but how do I go about practicing, mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Obviously, I'm not asking for the secret to life (42) I'm just wondering from some better players (supposedly you) how a sucky player would go about getting better. Simple

Joe Paradiso

Shorty can be an ass sometimes, but even if he's coming off as crass, he's usually doing it for a person, trying to get a point across. How do you go about practicing? Do it with a purpose. Have something to work on (hence Shorty's "take a lesson" advice), and go engrain it. There are plenty of threads here that should help you with that, as newtogolf mentioned. Learn why the ball flies, learn what the best players do, learn how they practice.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Shorty can be an ass sometimes, but even if he's coming off as crass, he's usually doing it for a person, trying to get a point across.

I would prefer "direct" than "crass", jamo.

Thank you

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I'm assuming you've already picked up the Mizuno blades? If not, step 1.) buy a set of Mizuno blades. step 2.) Start gaming the %&* out of those blades!!

Easy enough

To the OP:

Like I posted to this question several times.....

If I want advice about plumbing, Im going to ask a plumber....So with theory in hand, why ask a bunch of internet posters, none of which have any tour expereience, how to make it on tour????

Ask someone who actually has some sort of knowledge base to draw from.

BTW...I broke par on a regular basis at 13 and....I got as far as colleigate golf (but I wasnt really in to practicing, and I didnt use Mizuno Blades....  ;)  )

Originally Posted by Bigtank

BTW...I broke par on a regular basis at 13 and....I got as far as colleigate golf (but I wasnt really in to practicing, and I didnt use Mizuno Blades....  ;)  )

That is why you failed ;-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Note: This thread is 4467 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!