IGNORED

NO MORE clubs changes for 2012

Note: This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have decided that I will be going into the 2012 season with the same clubs I will end the season with. No new driver, no new woods, no new irons, wedges, or putters. Enough is enough. I will be re-gripping all my clubs and hopefully won't have to again till at least September. Anyone else barring down and going to attempt to stick to their current set up? A slight caveat I am having a new shaft put into my driver before the re-gripping.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I'm saying exactly the same thing!! Just got new irons, woods and putter this year. Always looking for the next best thing to help my game, but in the end if I know the real reason is that I like getting new toys! Not anymore - I'm sticking with what I now have for the ENTIRE 2012 season - honest!!! ;-)

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Actually, I'm trying to find a way to get RID of my clubs. I want some new sticks. somethin shiny, just so I can pound 'em into some dirt

...................but maybe that explains why I won't be getting new clubs unless I scrape together $400

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

I wont be buying any new clubs, but my *bench* bag is large enough that I may switch in and out some hybrids and/or wedges.

But with a new driver bought for me in August, I dont see any more club purchases unless the wife hits the lottery this year.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I made this same resolution for 2011; I made it and my game is no worse off because of it. Now that 2012 is almost here, I may be looking for a new driver this year

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blue dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34" 

I hadn't planned on buying anything this year, but......  I had just bought myself a Cleveland Classic putter right before Christmas, and after playing a couple rounds with it have come to really like it.  At about the same time, I pieced together a new putter for my Dad.  I played around with it during our last round, and it's freaking awesome!!  After we got home, I promptly ordered parts to put together an identical one for myself.

So, that's it.  I have no desire to change my irons or wedges at this point.  I have several drivers that I've built up and a couple fairways that I like and can swap out when the mood strikes.

very good resolution !

there's always gonna be some new and exiting clubs coming out but you must resist. Don't waste your time and money, a set of clubs should last YEARS and new clubs will not improve your game to any great extent.

no new clubs...however, new shafts in my driver/fairway/hybrid may be different...lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I can dig the resolution!  Sounds like a winner to me.  I MAY reshaft one of my long hybrids or short woods, but I'm not shelling out any money this year for equipment other than some Pro-V1Xs and gloves.  This set up got me knocking on a single diget handicap, and with a little bit more course time I will break through.  Enough is enough on the spending.  I am soooo over the "Hotlist", though I think it is quite usable for the beginner or transitioning player.

[URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/207440/width/109/height/66][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/207440/width/109/height/66[/IMG][/URL]

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

congratz!

Maybe a bag for me, and that's it.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

No new changes for me either.  Getting a 3-wood, which I've been missing in my bag for several years.  Other than that, I won't be changing anything... unless I can find an Odyssey Protoype putter for a great price.  No changes in irons, driver or wedges though.

I will be adding a 60* wedge and will be regripping my set, but not replacing anything currently in the bag.

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

... it's unbelievable how often new clubs just seem to appear in the golf bag ... or so I tell my wife who is almost as avid about golf as I am, so I can get away with it (most of the time).    I'm such a club ho & I think you're exactly right - through much trial and error, I have settled on equipment that works well for me & it's time to just focus on what I have & to hit each club well.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Trying to get rid of a couple sets of clubs. Unless something breaks, the only changes I'll make in 2012 involve rearranging what's in the basement. Regripping and lofts&lies; doesn't count.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!