IGNORED

When's your First Round of the Year?

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Played my first round of the year this morning here in soggy Vancouver.  Shot a +16 over par.  My best score ever.  :)

Driver:Adams 9064LS 9.5 *stiff

3 Wood: Nike VRs

Hybrid: Adams A7 19*

Irons: Nike VRs Pro Cavity 4-AW

Wedges: Nike VR Pro 56'

Putter: Nike Method mc3i1

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo

Bag: Ogio Assassin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took advantage of the unbelievably unseasonably warm weather & played 18 saturday (Applie Mountain, NJ).     Course was crowded - I wasn't the only one golfing in 50+ degree weather !     Awesome day, tough mountain course- all those elevated greens are brutal.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was supposed to get out on the first but had to reschedule for the 2nd because of my brother in law. No big deal but I did want that "started the year on the golf course" title. Didn't play that great but it was great to be out in January. Temp dropped hard that day because of crazy cold front that brought some serious winds. On 14 the flag stick got blown out of the hole while I was waiting to hit my approach. Craziest thing I have ever seen.

In the bag:
Driver:  Burner 10.5* Stiff     ||    3 Wood:  Burner 13* Stiff     ||     Hybrids:  Slingshot 17*, 21*, 24* Utility

Irons:  MX-300 5-PW     ||     Gap & Sand Wedge:  Spin-Milled Black Nickel 52.08* / 58.08*

Putter:  VP-09 Blade 33"     ||     Ball:  Penta TP

Originally Posted by mvmac

If your putting, then yes

I have never played a round on one of those. We have one in our pro shop now. I just use it to warm up and work on something if Im working on something. So, what happens when you get on the green??

Played my 1st round of the year on Friday and carded a 39-42 here....... http://www.kenwoodcc.com/

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

I have never played a round on one of those. We have one in our pro shop now. I just use it to warm up and work on something if Im working on something. So, what happens when you get on the green??

Extreme frustration from what I've heard from people who have used them.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by mymizunosrock

You can hit putts into the screen

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Depends, I'm playing worse now than when I first started last year.  I'll hit the course again when I can make consistent contact with the ball at the range.  Until then, I'll just be too pissed off to play a round.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Played an early round January 8 at Tilden Golf Course in Berkeley, CA. Trying to enjoy the weather before any kind of rain comes this way....

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Calgary has had a great winter.

eg. today is 13 degrees ( Celsius ) and sunny ( but windy.... 40kmh winds plus gusts )

Hardly any snow on the ground but no courses open and a little snow due this week. If it had kept like this for a few more weeks I could play on some courses with temp greens.

I'll hopefully play end of March/early April. Got a golf trip in April in B.C that I can not wait for. $500 for 5 rounds of golf on nice courses, food and accommodation.

Until then, it's the optishot at my friends place and putting in the lounge which I now love doing with my 8882 ( wish I had switched to a heavier putter earlier )

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

My first round of 2012 was January 1st.  I also played on the 3rd, 7th, and 8th.

I don't mind the cold.........a cart cover helps!

IMG00023-20111230-1123.jpg

If there isn't snow on the ground, I'm playing..........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

If there was no snow on the ground (and the courses were open) I would play in any temperature, I need the practice:-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

We have a little snow on the ground now, but I hope to play both Sunday and Monday. (1-15 & 1-16)  I can't wait..

I think Saturday will be warm enough to melt the remaining snow......

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!