IGNORED

When's your First Round of the Year?

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Mine was Jan 1 as well.Β  I'm in Maryland and fortunately it was around 65 degrees here that day.Β  I've been taking advantage of the exceptionally warm winter all year so far!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven's missed a weekend yet, althought we did have to play in the rain last weekend, luckily temp were close to 60. Today not so lucky, 27 as I type and might get to 30 before our tee time at 7:15, but we'll be playing. I expect to miss a weekend or two during February due to weather.

Mine won't be till late April or early May. I am a little nervous this year as we have about an inch of ice right on the grass with all the snow above it. Last time we had a little ice directly on the ground below the snow we had temporary greens on some holes till late June, not looking good for this year sadly.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played 50 holes last weekend at the Sub base in New London, 27 on Sat, 23 on Sun. I am now very well aquainted with my new Hybrid! Granted that's it until spring, it's simulator season now...

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Played in Jan. 1. It is a family tradition. No matter how bad the weather we are out and playing. This year was about 30 degrees with 15-20 mph wind. Have played in nice weather, snow, sleet. You name it and we have played it. Also we all take a shot of black velvet in memory of my grandfather on the first tee (he started the tradition many years ago.)

Driver - Ping G15

3 Wood - Taylormade V-steel

5 Wood - Cleveland Launcher

4 Hybrid - Taylormade Burner

Irons - 5-PW Callaway X-18

Wedge - Golden Bear 56*

Putter - Odyssey 2-ball SRT

In about two hours. My last round was Christmas. Have practiced often since but just haven't got to the course.

But I'm off work today & my golf bud is in town so we're gonna go walk Winter Park CC. Beautiful day - sunny 70 degrees.

Yesterday (Jan. 15, 2012) at Legacy Ridge in Westminster, CO.

I am hoping the forecast for snow tonight does not materialize so that I can play sometime this week (supposed to be near or in the 60's Wed-Sat.)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex:Β EZone BladesΒ (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron: Β 2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I live in Texas.Β  If it's not raining, you can play year round.Β  I've already played a few times this year, chumps.Β  The golf playability index on a scale of 1-10, according to the weather channel looks like this for the rest of the week: 9, 9, 10, 10, 10, 10 .

[ Equipment ]
R11 9Β° (Lowered to 8.5Β°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15Β° and 18Β° | 585H 21Β° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52Β° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56Β° and 60Β° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Played 9 on Jan 1 with a couple of friends. Shot a 39 so my best start to a Β year yet... Being in Boston my guess is round #2 will be somewhere around the end of March although we have no snow yet.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Haven't played yet in 2012 (in SE PA), but I'll be out every chance I can get since I'm taking a golf trip to Tampa in mid-late March.Β  I'm really excited to play the Copperhead course at Innisbrook.Β  We'll be there only a couple days after the Transitions Championship wraps up so the course should be in immaculate condition. I want to get as much practice in as possible b/w now and then so my game's sharp.

Driver:Β Β Β Β Β Β  Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:Β Β Β  TM Rocketballz Stage 2Β  *17
Hybrids:Β Β Β  Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:Β Β  Cleveland 588Β  51*, 56*,Β 60*

Putter:Β Β Β Β Β  Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Srixon Z Star (2013)

I'm working two jobs, while also going back to school for a bit. My first round of 2012 will happen whenever I have a day off.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5Β° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17Β° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20Β° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60Β° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Well due to the dry, and unusually nice weather for January here. I've already been out twice this year. Usually around here, I don't get out until March or April because of the cold or snow.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Mine won't be until March, I usually take time off when my wife is on Spring Break, but this year it is pretty early, so I'm saving that week for summer time when I know I can golf.

CraigΒ 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I've already gotten 3 rounds in this month here in Delaware. 2 weekends ago is was in the upper 50's, last time I played it was high 20's low 30's. Might play tomorrow as well.

Jan 2, 4, 7, 15. Not a bad start with a 77, 80, 83, 80. Playing next on the 21st.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*Β  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Note:Β This thread is 4462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!