IGNORED

Hybrid Help...... need opinions

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had a half dozen or so hybrids & I can't hit any of them as well as my  7 wood.      Don't think new is always better ... depends on your preference.     If you hit that 7 wood well, nothing says you'll hit a hybrid better...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My introduction to hybrids was just a few months ago when I bought a set of gently used irons that came with a #2 Titleist 585  17 degree Hybrid.

It instantly became my favorite club.  So I didn't take long to add a 2nd hybrid and got another 585, same graphite shaft,  21 degrees.

Those are the only two I carry and I really like them and hit them well.

You'll just have to try out different models to see which ones work for you. Be aware that standard head hybrids can cause hook problems for players with good clubhead speed. If you find a hook problem, two possible solutions:

• Find a tour or pro head which tends to have a square face, and generally lesser offset.
  • Open your stance slightly to avoid hooking hybrid (this works with my new RBZ 4H).

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have 4 Hi-brids, can't hit any of them very well, will stick to 1, 2 & 3 irons, depending on the course I'm playing.

I still hit these well, even the old Wilson Staff #1.

Guess my head get miced up when I use Hi-brids, the kind of look like a wood so thats how I set up,

yeah, dumb I know it's an iron but still.  I think there almost as bad as the long putter

Note: This thread is 4319 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!