IGNORED

Matt Every's damned putter

ohiolefty
Note: This thread is 4437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

should be fun putting with it on a windy day

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Here's more info on the putter

Quote:

Every_2012sony_putter_610.ashx.jpeg

It's hard not to notice the brick of a putter Sony Open 54-hole co-leader Matt Every had wielded this week at Waialae. It's enormous and it stands out, but apparently, it also works for the 28-year-old.

The putter is called the Black Hawk, made by a company called Orion Golf. The company makes another similar putter, the Black Swan. Both are the brainchild of David Kargetta, an engineer by trade from the Daytona Beach area.

After his third round on Saturday, Every couldn't explain why the putter worked for him. He just knows it does.

“I wouldn't be doing the putter justice if I explained it to you. Like I know that it works for me,” he said.

The 440-gram putter is designed to guarantee the 6-inch head will align with the intended target every time, even on a mishit. Promotional materials claim the enormous face creates 21,000 grams-per-centimeter-squared of MOI, making it nearly impossible to hit a putt off-line. The company claims the sweet spot on the polished aluminum face of the putter is as wide as three golf balls.

Kargetta connected with Every at TPC Sawgrass, where he says he is fitting three Tour players per week.

About a year ago, the putters were brought into the pro shop at Palm Harbor Golf Club in Palm Coast, Fla. Since then, they've sold about 30 putters and have another 15 in stock.

In the last six months, they have also started to appear in about a dozen pro shops in the Daytona Beach area. By design, they are only sold in shops where the player can be custom fit for the proper lie angle, along with their desired shaft, grip. At Palm Harbor, the purchase also comes with a 30-minute lesson on how to use it.

The putter retails for $259

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the head shape makes it easier to align when your eyes are red and blurry...

• Upvote 1

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by Clambake

I thought it was Johnson Wagner's mustache on a stick.....

Holy crap still laughing.  About to fall out of bed.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

• 1 month later...

Originally Posted by mvmac

Here's more info on the putter

I saw Matt every hit one putt today on TV and he wasn't using the Black Hawk putter.  Did anyone see more of the huge 1/2 moon putter he has now?

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Note: This thread is 4437 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!