IGNORED

My Swing (gordo865)

gordo865
Note: This thread is 4334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well to sum it all up I had a really crappy slice for a while and it finally disappeared about 4 months ago and now its coming back so I don't really set myself up with easy second shots. I'm extremely inconsistent with my swing in terms of small things (I'm not so sure what they are because to my untrained eye I feel like I'm doing it right aside from the things everyone has been nice enough to point out for me haha) adding up to one big cluster f*** if you didn't notice from the videos so thats one big reason right there. I'm not the best pitch/chipper in the world but I have gotten much better lately (two chip-ins in one round the other day GO ME!!). And my putting is absolutely god awful. I've only really gotten into golf the past year or so. I mean I had played maybe once a summer since I was probably like 5 or 6 but up until recently I had never really practiced at the driving range played golf more than once a year much less 4 or 5 times a month so I'm still I guess getting a feeling for putting and things like that.

Went to the driving range today and tried out a few of the things you guys had pointed out and I hit them REAL good haha. I was making solid contact and they were flyin straight as an arrow. I made an attempt at doing a front on shot but it's difficult to really record a good video from any angle when you're recording on an iphone and have no one to hold it for you haha. I was killing my irons. The driver hit well but the last couple shots that I hit with it after I stopped recording were pretty ugly.

One thing not related to mechanics I'm noticing is that when you address each ball, you have little to no regard for your target. This might not seem like it matters, but I assume when you go play you look at your target at least once after you address the ball. I would practice the same thing on the range IMVHO.  I think this will help leave you in better scoring positions in general, putting less stress on your short game.

But seriously if you're a 20 handicap with that swing, you could cut it in half by practicing 75% of the time from 100 yards and in.

-Taylor

Titleist 909 D2, 9.5

Titleist 906F 3W, 15.5

Warrior 3-Hybrid, 20

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro, 4i-PW

Titleist Vokey Wedges, 52 08, 56 08, 60 10

Zebra Putter

I of course take better steps for alignment when I'm actually playing lol. Yesterday I was just trying to correct what y'all pointed out to me and also my iphone is only an 8gb so as you could imagine I'm constantly fighting to keep some space open so I was trying to be quick as to avoid it running out in the middle of the video.

• 2 weeks later...

Well that first day on the range went great but then took a turn for the worst as I started slicing as bad as I did when I first started playing. But I went to the range with my new R11s driver today and started out a little rough but I feel like I got my swing tuned in more. By the end I was hitting it straighter and more consistently. I had my friend record a few head on videos. The only one I've got at the moment is the one that went straight. I've really been working on the hip sliding and I feel like it's finally coming around. The other 2 videos he hasn't sent me yet but I'll post those as soon as I get them because I hit both with about a 20 or 30 yard fade so hopefully y'all can spot what it is that I did wrong in those videos but right in this one.

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

Very nice swing. Try not to let your left heel lift as much on the downswing. Lifting that foot to your toes can cause you to come off your stance or let's you "stand up" in a way. That would lead to shots to the right.

Wow. I never realize that before. I might try too.

One thing I noticed in one of your earlier swings with an iron was that you seemed to be set up with your weight on your trailing leg, which could lead to cutting across the ball.  Your swing reminds me of a friend of mine from college who was also left handed.  Narrow feet and a big fade.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by gordo865

Well that first day on the range went great but then took a turn for the worst as I started slicing as bad as I did when I first started playing. But I went to the range with my new R11s driver today and started out a little rough but I feel like I got my swing tuned in more. By the end I was hitting it straighter and more consistently. I had my friend record a few head on videos. The only one I've got at the moment is the one that went straight. I've really been working on the hip sliding and I feel like it's finally coming around. The other 2 videos he hasn't sent me yet but I'll post those as soon as I get them because I hit both with about a 20 or 30 yard fade so hopefully y'all can spot what it is that I did wrong in those videos but right in this one.

I like the extension through the ball. Looks powerful.

Originally Posted by gordo865

Just got back from playing a round and here's how awful my game is. Just shot a 103 with 43 putts and 25 chips. Rough day would be putting it light.

You need to back away from the full swing and work on your short game.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha yea I'd say that's a given. I think I had like 7 or 8 holes where is chipped twice and then 2 putted on top of that. And whenever I hit the green or I got a good chip close enough for up and down I would still have to putt 2 or 3 times. I think most of it was a snow ball effect. Started off rough and it just got in my head and got worse from there. Gotta work on that part of my game too I suppose haha.

I would say short game should be 90% of what you work on. With the numbers from your 103 it only took you 35 shots to get into position to be chipping. If half the time you get up and in and the other half you get up and 2 putt you are looking at an 80.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

regarding your slice. I'm not sure if it'll work the same for you as it did (and does) for me. But as you complete your swing, feel as though you're swinging out, away from you getting the clubhead along or (for practice's sake) outside of the target line as long as possible. This should at least help to get the shot straightened out. Best of luck!

Driver: Nike SQ Dymo 10.5*
Woods: Nike SQ Dymo2 3 Wood, Nike SQ 3 Hybrid
Irons: Nike Slingshot 4D 4-AW
Wedges: Nike VR Forged 54/12,58/06
Putter: Nike Method 001

Ball: Nike 20XI-x

• 2 weeks later...

That's truly an amazing swing for your handicap. I'm assuming putting is your downfall?

Started playing golf July '11, 14 years old

Best round (9 holes): 40, Blissful Meadows Golf Club - August 4th, 2012. (Played tips too)

Best round (18 holes): 85 (40, 45) Summerside Country Club (PEI, Canada) - July 2012

• 1 month later...

Hey guys haven't been able to play much golf lately due to time and money constrictions but I went to the driving range for the first time in over a month in a half the other day and tried to assess the damage to my swing in the time off from golf. I felt like I hit the ball pretty well for the most part but there were definitely plenty of shots I was less than pleased with as you'll see. Took a couple videos of the Driver and 6 iron as usual.

Note: This thread is 4334 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!