IGNORED

TRUE Shoes, Barefoot, and More

Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I went for it and ordered a pair of True Tour from [URL=http://www.truelinkswear.com/index.php/shop/tour-2/true-tour-black-black.html]their website[/URL]. I'm used to high shipping costs from USA, but $25 for a pair of shoes shipped to Norway is a really good price. Kind of wanted the electric blue, but my white and bright colored shoes usually gets the dirty look after some time, so I went with black. Works well with my usual black pair of pants too. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/216595/width/440/height/440][IMG]http://thesandtrap.com/image/id/216595/width/440/height/440[/IMG][/URL]

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting, based on his pics of the black shoes above it looks like TRUE changed their spike pattern compared to the 2010/11 version.  Wonder which ones grip better?

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

Well, 45 holes later, I can give these shoes a rave review. They are very comfortable to walk in, vs my aging footjoys where I could feel every single spike pushing up into my feet. They have excellent traction during the swing, plus walking up and down muddy hills. I'm definitely impressed in the versatility of the Trues, and will definitely buy another pair in the future.

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

I learned a very important lesson from this thread.  Corn beer exists and it's great for hydration and endurance.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

These shoes look great but how long will that tread last?  It seems like walking across parking lots, cart paths etc would wear the tread down pretty quickly.  I currently have a pair of eccos and wore down the rubber spikes in just a few months.  But I can replace them and the shoes are good as new.

I think the treads will last longer than you think. Traditional golf spikes put most of the pressure on 7 (or so) specific points that hang way below the rest of the shoe. These shoes, on the other hand, spread that load across more surface area, much closer to the sole of the shoe. As long as you don't drag your feet along the cart path, I'd imagine getting a solid year's worth of wear out of them.

Your desire to change has to be greater than your desire to stay the same.

• Administrator

My shoes show no appreciable signs of wear after a year wearing a few pair every day.

This thread isn't really about those shoes in particular, more about helping people to realize that there may be a healthier way to live their lives and it's as simple as thinking about your footwear and making good choices.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When I moved to Calgary - I noticed no one is ever bare feet ( understandable in winter ) but even in summer, people hate to be bare foot.

I spent 23 years every summer barefoot back home and I am picky with my shoes. I found Nike SB 6.0's the most comfortable day to day and my Nike golf shoes pretty good. I have skateboarded for 13 years and skate shoes by far, are the most comfortable for me

I am looking at Kikkorgolf.com at some of their shoes - because they look damn comfy and skate inspired style

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Half listening to the new GC "On the Range" show and heard that a putting coach had someone practicing putting barefoot to improve feel and balance. Made me think of my TL shoes and how I feel more connected to the green.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

• 2 weeks later...

Originally Posted by MbolicGolf

A quick word on the Merrell's. Alot of friends have complained about the construction adn I'll fit. They also have the same compalints about Inov8's.

Have a pair of the Merrell's, no complaints. Use them for golf when I travel and don't want to take workout shoes and golf shoes both. Use the True shoes at the home links, have not tried to golf in my five fingers yet.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Originally Posted by VMAN

Just ordered the PHX, love my adidas, but I have to try these.

Just remember that the PHX is more of a street shoe. It doesn't have the same waterproof guarantees, etc. I love mine for walking around town, and think they look great. They have the same sole as the other shoes, etc, too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by Cawood

These shoes look great but how long will that tread last?  It seems like walking across parking lots, cart paths etc would wear the tread down pretty quickly.  I currently have a pair of eccos and wore down the rubber spikes in just a few months.  But I can replace them and the shoes are good as new.

Over a year now and not much wear on a 2011 pair.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by erock9174

Interesting, based on his pics of the black shoes above it looks like TRUE changed their spike pattern compared to the 2010/11 version.  Wonder which ones grip better?

Apparently, True believes the new sole grips better - since they changed it. I believe the edges of the sole are supposed to suck-vacuum the shoe into the ground a bit more, and the mini-spikes would seem to give you a more active embrace of the ground.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

This is really well done. I own way more golf shoes than I should. I probably own 20-25 pairs. Mostly Foot-joy Classics but I also own a number of Nike shoes as well. I have shied away from the TRUE shoes because I have been worried about the traction factor. I learned the game during the steel spike period and have forever been unhappy with the soft spikes that have replaced them. The TRUE shoe appears to have even less traction and concerns me regarding how it will hold up during my swing.

The running comparison is interesting in the sense that it gets our foot closer to walking more naturally. The classics for example are not designed that way, they have the heel much higher than the rest of the foot. They are designed in the classical shoe mold from the 1940's. Probably not studied as well as today.

Michael

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mchepp

This is really well done. I own way more golf shoes than I should. I probably own 20-25 pairs. Mostly Foot-joy Classics but I also own a number of Nike shoes as well. I have shied away from the TRUE shoes because I have been worried about the traction factor. I learned the game during the steel spike period and have forever been unhappy with the soft spikes that have replaced them. The TRUE shoe appears to have even less traction and concerns me regarding how it will hold up during my swing.

You should try a pair. Buy a pair you like to walk around in, maybe the Stealths. Worst case they'll be great shoes for practicing in, putting in, etc.

Fred Couples wears shoes with less traction. I know, he could play in skates because his tempo is so smooth, but still - I've not had any problems with the TRUE shoes, and the traction has only gotten better. If you're really violent or whatnot I could foresee problems on hardpan (same with all shoes post-metal-spikes) or wet ground, but that's true of all modern shoes really.

I was just wondering the other day if this movement would make its way into golf. Would love to try these out, but literally got a new pair of callaways right before I saw this . I've always wanted to try golf barefoot, but how waterproof are these? I live in an area where courses turn back into the swamps they used to be after a little rain/high tide. Still think I might give these a go eventually. I'm interested to see how the more conservative courses react to these!

Usually the time i replace shoes is when the waterproofing wears off. I doubt you will wear down the shoes any time soon just playing golf. No way grass has that sort of wear on the sole of a shoe. I think golf spikes get worn out faster because you got to clean them, and they get twisted and torn from the golf swing. These spikeless shoes wont have that problem.

My only concern is traction in wet weather, on a fairway it could get tricky. But i love any shoe that is closer to barefoot in style. I love my nike Free shoes, they are so comfy.. I find if i wear my other shoes and go back to the nike free my foot hurts during the day sine it gets weaker..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 2254 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!