IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Woods missed another fairway! Advantage Rock. Too bad Gmac ran out of holes - he's been hot on the back nine.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Originally Posted by Zwick

Robert is playing Rock solid

He will not be denied on this day.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

He'll take the drop.  Tiger has to be thinking, "if I would have just driven the ball average, I would have won this" while watching Rock playing for a 6 on the final hole.

Brandon

Bonehead play to go with driver off the tee, but it looks like he'll get away with it. I guess he doesn't remember Tiger using iron off the tee on the 72nd hole of the 2000 US Open, to get a safe par when he had a 15 shot lead. :-)

Anyone got the GIR and fairways hit of Tiger through the week?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Great tournament, great start to this year of golf.

At the turn, I thought Rock was going to slowly fade away, but he didn't make the big mistakes. He seems really happy, nice to see

I am a bit dissapointed that it didn't come to a Rory - Tiger duel.

For Tiger's stats this week: http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2012/tournamentid=2012004/leaderboard/index.html (here you can see them).

Tiger scrambled like there's no tomorrow, hold it together pretty good today, just didn't quite have it.

Bad news for Tiger is that he lost and his swing went to crap on the last day of the tournament.  The good news is that the short game is back to being pretty damn good.  That he saved par on the final 8 holes while probably only hitting a few greens would have been impressive had he not been strokes behind.

I think he'll be ready for the Masters.  Congrats to Rock.  He definitely caught lightning in a bottle this weekend.

Brandon

Congrats to Rock.  He definitely caught lightning in a bottle this weekend.

Don't think he's a one hit wonder--he's got two Euro Tour wins, a T7 in the British Open 2011, and played really well in the US Open last year. Alopecia, unlikely, samples of his hair are used by Lloyds of London to test the quality of diamonds.

• Upvote 1

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

In describing Tiger's ball that came to rest in a fairway bunker on hole 14 the announcer said, "...Tiger on the side of the ball, always a number one Nike. There are those around the world that would like to get their hands on one of Tiger's balls."  That had to be the statement of the tournament.  I almost bust a gut just thinking what Feherty or McCord would have done with that one. I think it would have involved a fine.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by uttexas

Don't think he's a one hit wonder--he's got two Euro Tour wins, a T7 in the British Open 2011, and played really well in the US Open last year.

Time will tell.  How long has he been on tour?

Brandon

Time will tell.  How long has he been on tour? Brandon

Born 1977. On tour since 2003. 4.3 million US dollars in career earnings (sources wiki and yahoo sports)

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Originally Posted by uttexas

Born 1977. On tour since 2003. 4.3 million US dollars in career earnings (sources wiki and yahoo sports)

To be more specific, Rock was a journeyman on the European Tour until 2009, when he claimed three runner-up finishes. He then had six top-tens in 2010 (including one at the British Open), and won for the first time at the Italian Open last year. I'd say he's a late bloomer.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

I just can't decide if this is a good or bad showing for Tiger this week. On one hand, he scrambled extremely well today to grind for an even par round, even though he never seemed to have it. He had no melt down days (not even any above par days). Every day it seemed like some part of his game was completely on fire, and he actually managed two bogey free rounds. However, on the other hand, he just couldn't keep the momentum going on the final day even with a share of the lead, and to me that just seems un-Tiger like. What do you guys think?

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

I think it's too early in the season to assess anyones game long term.  The "concern" is that Tiger used to thrive on the final and recently he's lacked that killer instinct he had during his best years.  It's hard to tell if it's because the competition is better or Tiger has lost a bit of his mental and physical edge.

Originally Posted by iPutt

I just can't decide if this is a good or bad showing for Tiger this week. On one hand, he scrambled extremely well today to grind for an even par round, even though he never seemed to have it. He had no melt down days (not even any above par days). Every day it seemed like some part of his game was completely on fire, and he actually managed two bogey free rounds. However, on the other hand, he just couldn't keep the momentum going on the final day even with a share of the lead, and to me that just seems un-Tiger like. What do you guys think?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4463 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!