IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

brocks
Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by brocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

Happy?

You posted misinformation. I corrected it, without getting personal in any way. How does that make me the bad guy?

Never said you were a bad guy, it's just that we have differing views of how important the source of the sand was.

You clearly place a much greater value on whether the sand was there because of Tiger, Rory or David Hasselhoff. For me though, how the sand got there is largely irrelevant if he would have still swept it out of the way so I saw no reason for the correction on how it got there; it just seemed a little pedantic, hence the eye-roll.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Thanks for the bit of information regarding how he was alerted to the rules infraction.  While watching it live on TGC, that's the one thing I was wondering about.  I would find it too strange if a player consciously committed an intentional act that broke the rules, and then called a penalty on himself.  I figured somebody must have alerted him to it, but when he actually did it the camera was not on him at the time, so there was no way to tell.  I wondered if it had been his caddie or one of the playing partners.

As I remember the situation, I too thought that Tiger was never in that particular bunker on that hole.  He was either on the front-side bunker or just short of the green, in the fairway.

Anyway, it's interesting how the rule of brushing sand away is the complete opposite of testing out the playing surface.  Last week, Zach Johnson's act of testing the playing surface of the fringe with his hand was brought into question as a possible rules violation, but the announcing crew came to the conclusion that you can do that off the putting surface (assuming it's not directly between your ball and it's path to the hole, attempting to improve your shot), but not on the putting surface.  With brushing away sand, it's the opposite.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

You clearly place a much greater value on whether the sand was there because of Tiger, Rory or David Hasselhoff. For me though, how the sand got there is largely irrelevant if he would have still swept it out of the way so I saw no reason for the correction on how it got there; it just seemed a little pedantic, hence the eye-roll.

Well, I guess you're entitled to change your opinion on the importance of how the sand got there between the time you went out of your way to say Tiger did it, and the time you got all defensive because someone corrected you.

• Upvote 1

It isn't important at all how the sand got there, and no one blamed Tiger. MiniBlueDragon just said he heard it was there because of Tiger's shot, he didn't say something like TW that ***** put the sand there intentionally.

But I was surprised to see this happen, but everyone can make a mistake.

Luke was very off today, not even the short game was really good. Tiger played okay, wasn't as good of the tee as yesterday but putted a bit better. But all in all, everyone who made the cut still has a chance to win it with two low rounds.

Originally Posted by brocks

Quote:

Well, I guess you're entitled to change your opinion on the importance of how the sand got there between the time you went out of your way to say Tiger did it, and the time you got all defensive because someone corrected you.

Suggest re-reading my posts. I simply quoted what was said in the coverage.

I've never slated Tiger (and I sincerely hope he starts dominating on the weekend as he's great to watch) and never changed my mind on the importance of anything; sand is sand is sand. Go back to your Tiger worship.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Sky Sports is capable of replay?  Cuz they sure didn't show it on the Golf Channel.  It seems like they only own 3 cameras...and one of them doesn't work.  I did really want to see this Tiger, Rory, Donald pairing but jeez...  Other than Robert Karlson, they really didn't show much of anyone else.   I thought the PGA tour coverage was the worst at this...but Euro coverage was way worse.  I haven't even seen one replay of Lee Westwood, Martin Kaymer etc..   I don't care if they aren't playing that well...just show the other guys a little respect.  Is it just me?

I retract my previous statement.

The announcers on Sky Sports, while showing a replay of Rory brushing sand away from his putting line said something along the lines of "That's a two stroke penalty as he's not allowed to brush sand away unless he's on the green but he's on the fringe. Ironically most of that sand was from Tiger's bunker shot" - Of course I assumed their statement to be factual when in actual fact if you're correct it wasn't.

That's where the Tiger comment came from.

Happy?

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

[QUOTE name="brocks" url="/t/55276/superstar-field-at-abu-dhabi-this-week/108#post_675390"] [QUOTE name="MiniBlueDragon" url="/t/55276/superstar-field-at-abu-dhabi-this-week/108#post_675381"] You clearly place a much greater value on whether the sand was there because of Tiger, Rory or David Hasselhoff. For me though, how the sand got there is largely irrelevant if he would have still swept it out of the way so I saw no reason for the correction on how it got there; it just seemed a little pedantic, hence the eye-roll.[/QUOTE] Well, I guess you're entitled to change your opinion on the importance of how the sand got there between the time you went out of your way to say Tiger did it, and the time you got all defensive because someone corrected you.[/QUOTE] Suggest re-reading my posts. I simply quoted what was said in the coverage. I've never slated Tiger (and I sincerely hope he starts dominating on the weekend as he's great to watch) and never changed my mind on the importance of anything; sand is sand is sand. Go back to your Tiger worship.

Amazing. You really don't get that it's not OK to come on here and spout BS. Even more amazing, you think that if it's second-hand BS, that somehow makes it OK. But the fact is that you didn't quote anybody in your original claim, you just spouted BS. Well, anybody can make a mistake, but it takes a special kind of man to whine and cry and call people names for correcting them. It wouldn't matter if you had said it was Donald instead of Tiger. It would still be BS, I would still have called you on it, and you would still be posting all day about how unimportant it is to you.

This thread is in need of a little relaxitude adjustment.

• Upvote 2

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thread is in need of a little relaxitude adjustment.

True dat! :-D

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

You know, I'm getting input here that I'm reading as relatively hostile!

Alice Cooper would not be impressed with the hostility.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

On Around the Horn just now they were talking about Luke Donald calling out Rory on that "sand violation' and all three reporters (Plaschke, Smith, and McMullen) basically said Donald was out of line for calling him on it...Plaschke even went as far as saying Luke Donald was just jealous. How ridiculous is that? It really shows how little most sports reporters know about golf. These are the same guys that were saying Tiger may never win again. They just stick to hyping Tebow

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

On Around the Horn just now they were talking about Luke Donald calling out Rory on that "sand violation' and all three reporters (Plaschke, Smith, and McMullen) basically said Donald was out of line for calling him on it...Plaschke even went as far as saying Luke Donald was just jealous. How ridiculous is that? It really shows how little most sports reporters know about golf. These are the same guys that were saying Tiger may never win again. They just stick to hyping Tebow

That is a bit much. It's not like Luke blew a big whistle and went running to a rules official.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

Luke only said 'i dont think you can do that' then rory remembered he couldnt, its not a big deal!

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Alice Cooper would not be impressed with the hostility.

exactly!

Note: This thread is 4468 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!