IGNORED

Superstar Field at Abu Dhabi This Week

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This thread is in need of a little relaxitude adjustment.

For reals. Pre-game at 10PM Eastern, 7PM Pacific, and live coverage starts 10:30/7:30 on TGC. Tiger's group tees off at 10:40, so you'll see his whole round.

Quote: "And I don't like the grandstand rule with the free drop right next to the green..." I agree - the ball should be played as it lies.

12a.m in ca.Man i'm looking forward to this.

Me too. Don't want to jinx him, but I just dozed off while watching the TGC promo of tonight's match, and dreamed that he took a big divot and popped up his first tee shot.

Tiger is driving the ball very well so far, but he can't get the short irons and wedges close enough. Rory and Donald look both a bit ordinary today so far.

And well...they don't show any other players on Sky

I wish I had giant hospitality structures behind the greens at my course to deflect balls back towards the greens and keep them in bounds. If that wasn't there rory's ball would have been in the parking lot. He gets a free drop and now he has a 4 foot putt for birdie. I wonder how many strokes are saved on the PGA Tour from balls hitting spectators, grandstands, hospitality areas etc.. That just might be my first thread that I start.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

I wish I had giant hospitality structures behind the greens at my course to deflect balls back towards the greens and keep them in bounds. If that wasn't there rory's ball would have been in the parking lot. He gets a free drop and now he has a 4 foot putt for birdie. I wonder how many strokes are saved on the PGA Tour from balls hitting spectators, grandstands, hospitality areas etc.. That just might be my first thread that I start.

In this case I agree ... Rory got a break, but often they are playing into much smaller areas around the greens than normal because much of it is roped off for the gallery.

In this case I agree ... Rory got a break, but often they are playing into much smaller areas around the greens than normal because much of it is roped off for the gallery.

But that roped off area is still inbounds and the trouble areas would be behind the spectators...so I am unclear as what your point is. What I am saying is that players "occasionally" benefit from big crowds and structures that wouldn't be there if they were playing these courses any other time. Yea there are "smaller areas" but there is also backstops that keep their ball in play. Players with the biggest crowds, ie Tiger, Phil definitely save a few shots here and there on the tight courses because there is a wall of 15,000 fans surrounding the entire permitter of the hole. Balls that would normally go deep into the trees or into a hazard sometimes get stopped by some spectator's forehead. Phil probably benefits from this more than any player. So if you think about it, these popular players have a slight advantage. Just sayin

Note: This thread is 3276 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!