IGNORED

Bubba Watson Bought a New Car

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Minimally there should have been a national vote on the banning of the confederate flag, that's how democracy is supposed to work.

For purposes of disclosure I never owned a confederate flag, nor am I from the south, I just can't stand to watch our government erode our rights under the guise of PC.   I have since ordered a confederate flag online and will display it in my backyard as a personal protest to this insanity.

We are not a democracy and we do not have national votes about things.  We used to be a Constitutional Representative Republic.  Now we have seemed to descend into a mobocracy fueled by bullying Social Justice Terrorists, and aided and abetted by cowards.

It is all ad hoc and orchestrated for political purposes.  How else could we explain how one of the campaign symbols used by the liberal party to promote the Clinton-Gore ticket in 1992 become so anathema that now stores cannot even bring themselves to sell it?  All the while having no problems with selling things like ISIS flags, Nazi memorabilia, etc.

There was a terrible crime and tragedy in So. Carolina and true to Rahm's credo it could not be wasted.  The victims were far too Christian in their love and forgiveness to generate the hate level needed to really exploit this particular crisis (a la Ferguson and Baltimore) so they looked elsewhere.  And found a "suitable" target in the flag.

• Upvote 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The amount of hyperbole in this thread is amazing.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

You're right Bubba owns the car and has the right to paint it however he wants.  If it was me I wouldn't repaint it.  He paid a lot for the car because it's a collectible, ridiculous levels of PC are forcing him to remove the confederate flag and reduce the value the car has as a collectible. At some point we have to stop the craziness of PC, ultimately anyone can be offended by anything and in the days of social media they can foster sufficient support to ban it.  What's next banning the display of crucifixes because religious groups are known to be anti-gay and the LGBT community is offended by their presence on churches and around peoples necks?   When special interest groups can decide what is and isn't offensive and infringe on the majorities Freedom of Speech we've lost sight of what the Constitution was put in place to protect. Minimally there should have been a national vote on the banning of the confederate flag, that's how democracy is supposed to work. For purposes of disclosure I never owned a confederate flag, nor am I from the south, I just can't stand to watch our government erode our rights under the guise of PC. I have since ordered a confederate flag online and will display it in my backyard as a personal protest to this insanity.

Lol. I'm sure your neighbours will be thrilled.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

The amount of hyperbole in this thread is amazing.

Blaming the government or liberals for political correctness is amusing. The issue is social media has changed the way people communicate, and politicians and corporations have to react to this new reality. Jerry Seinfeld talked about this problem and why Chris Rock and Larry the Cable Guy won't do college shows anymore. You offend a person, and instead of venting to their roommate, now they go on social media and suddenly thousands of people rally to the issue. I think we can all agree the PC issue is a legitimate social problem, but using the confederate flag as PC example is ridiculous. As someone that grew up in rural NC, none of the family members or the kids at my school that flew a confederate flag or wore a confederate t-shirt did it in honor of relatives or heritage. It is a symbol of hate and the N word was used by all of them. My grandfather fought in WW2... in the Waffen SS.... does that mean I should not be surprised when people are outraged when If choose to fly an Nazi flag on my truck? Society, not the individual, decides how things are defined.

I'm confused. Bubba performed an action based on the advice of people he pays to give him advice. This somehow is evidence we're losing freedom? Please tell me I'm misunderstanding your post.

I'll help you understand. "Hey look at my awesome car!" "That flag is offensive to some people" "What? It just represents the South. I'm from the south!" ""That's not how others feel about it" "So I should get rid of the flag?" " yes. It's your car. You can't have it look the way you want without offending some people. Just say you agree with the people who are offended and remove it. What YOU feel about the flag is irrelevant. EVERYBODY has to like your car or you you'll be ridiculed." "Ok. I'll do what what the social police tell me to do. I don't want to cause any trouble with expression of my beliefs or ideas, unless everybody is ok with what I say or do"

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I think we should ask "The Donald" his advise on the matter.

“Only an idiot opposes the Confederate Flag” read Trump’s tweet. Trump continued to rant stating that the flag is apart of everyone’s heritage and should fly on every government building in the south. “Schools, churches, post offices should all be allowed to proudly fly the Confederate Flag. There’s nothing racist about it. Black people are acting as if its a KFC flag” says Trump. The Confederate Flag has been the center of debate following the racially-motivated church shhoting masacre in South Carolina. It has been proposed to make flying the Confederate flag illegal at state and federal buildings.

____

Okay, now we know what to do... burn the entire inventory of Confederate Flags, but leave some to fly at Trump Hotels Worldwide...

:-$

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I think we should ask "The Donald" his advise on the matter.

“Only an idiot opposes the Confederate Flag” read Trump’s tweet. Trump continued to rant stating that the flag is apart of everyone’s heritage and should fly on every government building in the south. “Schools, churches, post offices should all be allowed to proudly fly the Confederate Flag. There’s nothing racist about it. Black people are acting as if its a KFC flag” says Trump. The Confederate Flag has been the center of debate following the racially-motivated church shhoting masacre in South Carolina. It has been proposed to make flying the Confederate flag illegal at state and federal buildings.

____

Okay, now we know what to do... burn the entire inventory of Confederate Flags, but leave some to fly at Trump Hotels Worldwide...

Holy crap that guy is a mess. And I know some rightwingnuts who actually want him to be president.  Hard to believe he's second in the polls......

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/donald-trump-polling-backlash-comments-article-1.2278364

The car was found in a junk yard, its not the original paint job so nothing 'collectable' is being destroyed.

Too many advocates of the confederate battle flag remained silent while racists and the KKK usurped their flag. They are paying for that silence now.

Never use a paragraph when a sentence will do.

I think we should ask "The Donald" his advise on the matter. [COLOR=454545]“Only an idiot opposes the Confederate Flag” read Trump’s tweet. Trump continued to rant stating that the flag is apart of everyone’s heritage and should fly on every government building in the south. “Schools, churches, post offices should all be allowed to proudly fly the Confederate Flag. There’s nothing racist about it. Black people are acting as if its a KFC flag” says Trump. The Confederate Flag has been the center of debate following the racially-motivated church shhoting masacre in South Carolina. It has been proposed to make flying the Confederate flag illegal at state and federal buildings. [/COLOR] [COLOR=454545]____[/COLOR] Okay, now we know what to do... burn the entire inventory of Confederate Flags, but leave some to fly at Trump Hotels Worldwide... :-$

What is this from? I just read that Trump said that the flag should be removed from the SC capital grounds. This appeared on the CBS News website June 23. I don't like Trump, but it is hard to believe his views would be so radically different in such a short period.

Too many advocates of the confederate battle flag remained silent while racists and the KKK usurped their flag. They are paying for that silence now.

So true.  And, there are a lot of other "freedoms" that are usurped by vocal minorities while the majority remains silent.  We will suffer those some day also.  Sad...

Bag: Titleist
Driver: TM RBZ 9.5
Fairway metals: TM RBZ 3 wood
Hybrids: TM RBZ 3, 4 and 5
Irons: TM Burner 1.0 6 thru LW stiff steel shafts
Putter: Ping B60
Ball: TM Tour Preferred X or ProV1x
Check out littlejohngolfleague.com  A Greater Houston TX traveling golf league.

This thread has gotten way :offtopic:

C'mon people, this thread is about Bubba's car. If you want to talk about the government, political correctness, social media, or whatever, we can do it elsewhere, OK? :-)

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

while i agree it's  Bubba's car...... and he can do what ever he wants with it....

If Bubba did not change the roof of said car and pulled up into full parking lot on a friday night that is filled with ricer's and muscles car's, do you think anyone is going to talk about the roof of the car, or the car it's self and how famous said car is......

i mean when people say Duke's of Hazzard you think of the General Lee, Bo and Luke Duke, Daisy Duke and Uncle Jessie, Boss Hog and Rosco not racism....

now if i had the $$ and bought one of the TV show General Lee's, i'd honestly have a hard time re-painting the roof....

It is what it is

Folks, the thread is about a car from a TV show that Bubba bought. If you want to talk about R.E. Lee's battle flag or Nazis, please start a thread in the Grill Room. Thanks

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

while i agree it's  Bubba's car...... and he can do what ever he wants with it....

If Bubba did not change the roof of said car and pulled up into full parking lot on a friday night that is filled with ricer's and muscles car's, do you think anyone is going to talk about the roof of the car, or the car it's self and how famous said car is......

i mean when people say Duke's of Hazzard you think of the General Lee, Bo and Luke Duke, Daisy Duke and Uncle Jessie, Boss Hog and Rosco not racism....

now if i had the $$ and bought one of the TV show General Lee's, i'd honestly have a hard time re-painting the roof....

He's being P.C. and if the uproar that he and his sponsors would receive if he continued to keep the car as it is. Can't blame him - he's  businessman.    I used to be staunchly against displaying the Confederate Flag, but after living in Augusta Ga and Tampa FL and visiting the battlegrounds of the Civil War (specifically Gettysburg) - I've come to view the flag as a civil war artifact and nothing more.   Bubba is doing this preemptively before his sponsors would drop him ----smart move.

[QUOTE name="Valleygolfer" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/18#post_1163494"] You misspelled appreciated. I'll bet it became even more desirable.[/QUOTE]

Bubba to paint over Confederate flag on General Lee

[COLOR=323232]In light of the renewed controversy surrounding the Confederate flag, [COLOR=18529E][URL=http://www.golfchannel.com/topics/people/bubba-watson.htm]Bubba Watson[/URL][/COLOR] tweeted Thursday that he will be removing the flag's image from the roof of the General Lee, the iconic car from the "Dukes of Hazzard" TV series. [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232]Watson purchased the General Lee in January 2012.[/COLOR] [COLOR=323232]Debate around the flag has intensified in recent weeks after a gunman entered the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in Charleston, S.C., on June 17 and killed nine people.[/COLOR] [COLOR=323232]Watson tweeted:[/COLOR] [COLOR=323232]All men ARE created equal, I believe that so I will be painting the American flag over the roof of the General Lee[/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] — bubba watson (@bubbawatson)  [/COLOR] [COLOR=18529E][URL=https://twitter.com/bubbawatson/status/616747766010634240]July 2, 2015[/URL][/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/bubba-paint-over-confederate-flag-general-lee/ [/COLOR] [COLOR=323232] [/COLOR]

It seems like any collector item (regardless of what it represents) should be kept intact. It's a nice gesture to remove it, but I hope he doesn't just so he can drive around in it. He could just put it into a showcase, get another car like it and drive that. EDIT: just looked at a "Dukes of Hazards" episode. Kind of silly. I don't think it represents anything bad especially with the flag on it. If anything the show is kind of insulting to the south? Funny, but kind of making fun of the south? That's after watching 6 minutes. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

It seems like any collector item (regardless of what it represents) should be kept intact.

"Intact" in this case means rusty and beaten and broken. He found it in a field or a junk yard or something like that. It was basically completely restored.

So, if someone wanted it, they could just RE-PAINT the flag on top, JUST AS BUBBA DID when he bought it.

Why aren't people understanding that?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!