IGNORED

Bubba Watson Bought a New Car

Chilli Dipper
Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubba Watson is a bigot and a hypocrite. He is a disgrace to golf and humanity. If this pathetic person is an example of Christianity, you can have it. He is self-centered and actually told a your admirer to "leave him alone". He hides behind his so-called religion that he doesn't practice. A disgusting person. Perhaps the most disgusting piece of dung ever to play the tour. We can only hope that he fades quickly. The people who run The Masters have to be appalled at the little bigot that ended up being their champion. Ge makes me sick and I sent letters to Ping stating I won't use their products until they remove this cancer that is known as Bubba.

Wow. Bubba may not be the brightest bulb but you are so far over the top in this post that if I modded this forum I'd ban you.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

His selfishleness and bigotry are legion on the tour. The facts are for anyone to read. The most hated and rightfully so, person (less than a man) in golf. Do some research and learn.

[quote name="newnoggin" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/90#post_1167478"]You are ignorant of the facts. Do some unbiased research and you will see I was not over the top, but perhaps too gentle. He is worse than you can imagine. [/quote]I am not a bubba fan in the least but I find this all a bit over the top. Could you perhaps just show us this info? A link to an article maybe? That would help. Thanks.

I hate to mention this because I know how emotions flare on this subject, but the CSA flag and the Confederate Battle flag to some people represent an effort by their ancestors to defend their homeland against a Northern invader who would not allow them to secede from a union they had voluntarily joined and no longer wanted to be a part of.  When you read your history books remember who wrote them, the winner did.  I think one should also remember before they get to feeling the USA was so much more morally correct than the CSA that the USA flag flew over a slave abiding nation for over 80 years.  So ask yourself, why did the war occur at this time and not earlier in our history?  Politicians have not changed all that much over the years and you can bet the war was about more than just slavery.  But with a little study you can find that out for yourself.

Thanks for the heads up, I've done enough studying. I don't put BS up in front of me to hide my real character, though.

Yes, northern invaders part of the same country, who decided no more slavery. That's what the war was about, all this other is BS and a crutch and dog whistles to get the useful idiot racist redneck base of the GOP fired up.

I don't like Bubba Watson. I think he is petulant and fake, and a whiner. But, I applaud what he is doing here. Anything that pisses off bigots and gets them babbling about 'invaders' and 'state's rights' to deflect from their racism is ok with me.

What the hell does this have to do with the subject of his post, namely the fact that someone was citing a racist claiming the flag represented racism and the superiority of whites, but was talking about a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FLAG!!  He was factually correcting someone who intentionally or unintentionally misstated objective facts.

I responded to the bullshit 'I do not post here because of philosophical differences' crap. Then responded to the idea that the confederate flag meant one thing at one time but clearly represents racism or negativity or whatever to a lot of people now and so who cares what it started out representing-It represents bad things now.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

I am not a bubba fan in the least but I find this all a bit over the top. Could you perhaps just show us this info? A link to an article maybe? That would help. Thanks.

I'm with Golfingdad on this one. I'm intrigued to understand your obvious disliking of Bubba and I'll admit...I'm being lazy and just don't feel like researching that. But I'd appreciate any link to explain your position.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

His selfishleness and bigotry are legion on the tour. The facts are for anyone to read. The most hated and rightfully so, person (less than a man) in golf. Do some research and learn.

I've seen some bad reactions while playing, and heard him say some less than flattering things while overseas, but bigotry?

I've seen some bad reactions while playing, and heard him say some less than flattering things while overseas, but bigotry?

seems to be friends with Ellen - so not a fullout Archie Bunker bigot.......as for his reactions - that's what I don't like about him - the blame the caddy routine he has as a way to protect his psyche that anything that goes wrong isn't because he hit a bad shot.......I understand actors do this all the time (blame the director) - it's some sort of protective mechanism they do.......

Think he may have said things in the past, and has a personality. He may be country and selfish, but I like that he has a personality. As a democrat, I believe everyone has a right to an opinion, their own thoughts and express how they want. I can't stand the GOP and the dogooders, but they have just as much right to speak as I do and I will always listen. Glad he isn't from the northern cookie cutter machine. I don't think there is as many southern guys like him as there is Northern guys (white) extremely white that hide behind their money and fake personalities. All the while "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" And on the hunting trips, and trips for work, and their maids...and their secretaries...

Philosophical differences in the sense that somehow a perfectly benign reply I tried to post to Phil's aggressive message was taken down by the mods...i'll try again but for some amazing reason the mods will probably take it down again while letting folks like Phil spew his vitriol. I don't hate Tiger...I disklike the cavalry of Tiger fans who attack anyone who dare say anything negative about their golfing messiah and make this site unenjoyable to spend time on. I've got better things to do with my time than bicker about the traveling nostalgia act that Tiger's golf game has sadly become.

Wow. Bubba may not be the brightest bulb but you are so far over the top in this post that if I modded this forum I'd ban you.

If that post had been written about Tiger, a ban would absolutely be imposed.

Philosophical differences in the sense that somehow a perfectly benign reply I tried to post to Phil's aggressive message was taken down by the mods...i'll try again but for some amazing reason the mods will probably take it down again while letting folks like Phil spew his vitriol. I don't hate Tiger...I disklike the cavalry of Tiger fans who attack anyone who dare say anything negative about their golfing messiah and make this site unenjoyable to spend time on. I've got better things to do with my time than bicker about the traveling nostalgia act that Tiger's golf game has sadly become.

Knock it off sky dog. You play the victim card too much. You keep saying you've got better things to do, but keep coming back and continue to provoke. [quote name="mtsalmela80" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/90#post_1167617"][QUOTE name="MSchott" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/90#post_1167473"]   Wow. Bubba may not be the brightest bulb but you are so far over the top in this post that if I modded this forum I'd ban you. [/QUOTE]  If that post had been written about Tiger, a ban would absolutely be imposed. [/quote] We do not ban for anything like that. Posters who get banned generally start with insults against other forum members, then start a series of PMs where the call the moderators and site owners all sorts of nasty names then tell us to F off and die. You can get restricted from a thread for name calling, etc. Debates are encouraged as is any civil discussion. What is not encouraged is trolling. Skydog and some others, you know who you are, continually troll threads that have nothing to do with Woods by throwing side comments in about him. They are trying to provoke off topic reactions. it is very juvenile behavior. We will continue to moderate this activity and call them on it. When other members get too aggressive with the trollers, we usually will PM them to steer them away from posting like that.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Think he may have said things in the past, and has a personality. He may be country and selfish, but I like that he has a personality. As a democrat, I believe everyone has a right to an opinion, their own thoughts and express how they want. I can't stand the GOP and the dogooders, but they have just as much right to speak as I do and I will always listen. Glad he isn't from the northern cookie cutter machine. I don't think there is as many southern guys like him as there is Northern guys (white) extremely white that hide behind their money and fake personalities. All the while "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" And on the hunting trips, and trips for work, and their maids...and their secretaries...

I always wondered what thoughts and opinions an aborted baby would have had. All this slavery talk pales in comparison to what is happening now. I guess the party of slavery doesn't mind having a little more blood on its hands. It's time for the donkey flag to be lowered and put away in a box in the attic along with the KKK artifacts.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Mods, I started this thread several years ago for fun, and the conversation has turned into a train wreck. Lock it, please.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Thanks for the heads up, I've done enough studying. I don't put BS up in front of me to hide my real character, though.

Yes, northern invaders part of the same country, who decided no more slavery. That's what the war was about, all this other is BS and a crutch and dog whistles to get the useful idiot racist redneck base of the GOP fired up.

I don't like Bubba Watson. I think he is petulant and fake, and a whiner. But, I applaud what he is doing here. Anything that pisses off bigots and gets them babbling about 'invaders' and 'state's rights' to deflect from their racism is ok with me.

Glad you've done enough studying on the subject to make an informed decision on what the Civil War was all about both in the South and North.  I can see from your post you're a person who considers a question from all sides before making a "reasoned" decision.  I would concur you don't "put BS up front" to hide your character.

Butch

[QUOTE name="caniac6" url="/t/55277/bubba-watson-bought-a-new-car/90#post_1167595"] I've seen some bad reactions while playing, and heard him say some less than flattering things while overseas, but bigotry?[/QUOTE] seems to be friends with Ellen - so not a fullout Archie Bunker bigot.......as for his reactions - that's what I don't like about him - the blame the caddy routine he has as a way to protect his psyche that anything that goes wrong isn't because he hit a bad shot.......I understand actors do this all the time (blame the director) - it's some sort of protective mechanism they do.......

Look man, you're entitled to your opinion, but not your own definitions or your own reality. You're using the word bigot to describe him and the worst offense you can describe is that he blames his caddy after a bad shot? Jack Nicklaus used to do this too. Bob Rotella recommends it in his books. Blaming the caddy for a bad shot isn't bigotry. If that's the worst hate you've ever witnessed in your life, consider yourself lucky.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Mods, I started this thread several years ago for fun, and the conversation has turned into a train wreck. Lock it, please.

Oh no, don't do that!  Grab some popcorn and enjoy!

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!