IGNORED

How Much Farther Will a Hybrid Hit The Ball Than an Iron????

TAZBOM

Note: This thread is 2629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If a player hits a 21 degree 38.25 inch 4 iron 170, how far would he typically hit a 21 degree 40 inch 4 hybrid?  I am trying to fill the gap between the 4 irno and a 3 wood that is hit about 205 yards.  I am not sure if I should get 2 and 3 hybrids or if the gapping will be off.  Any help you can give on that is much appreciated!!!

Dynamic loft at impact is a bigger determinant than length of club when it comes to how far the ball goes. Also hybrids have more springlike effect than irons (well maybe not some of the newer GI irons, like Taylormade's SLDR irons).

I would say the 21 degree hybrid would go about a club farther.

I've hit a 21 degree 4 iron, and a 19 degree hybrid and the hybrid goes about 12 yards farther. Given half of that is probably from loft.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2629 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.