IGNORED

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

iacas
Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I enjoyed the radio interview and went to the website - www.purestrike.com

FWIW, I stayed away from the game for a couple of years, had surgery last spring, had a frozen right shoulder, and recovered sufficiently around August to start swinging again on a limited basis.

SInce that time, I've used the Stack & Tilt book and was not making quick progress. Part of that was probably due to the frozen shoulder - I started lifting heavy weights and stretching out the shoulder more - you know, the old stretch until you scream thing.

Over the last two months, I've taken what Eric has given us about the five keys, applied Golf Evolution's Videos, and videos Eric and Mike have done on this site, and over the part month with 2X per week at the range, my game has gone from shooting near 100 to an unlucky 83 last week. My ball striking and confidence have improved, and over this weekend, I applied the keys of Dave's "slide the hips to get the weight forward" as if throwing a boulder and getting the left wrist flat - on the range, and my ball striking took another great leap forward. I was using the Tour Striker 7i to make certain the left wrist was flat at impact (feedback) and I started to eliminate more fats and thins.

I can only imagine what progress I'd make with one of the above gentleman as my instructor. When I can do it, I plan a personal lesson - one can only teach themselves so much - we all need a set of eyes and qualified people to look at us.

(And FWIW, the poster with multiple personalities above (patrick,  patricia or rebecca this time?), took example of old swings and some that did not work well, in his feeble attempt at revenge on the administrators - sad.)

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Desmond,

You'd do yourself a great service to spend a few bucks on the Golf Evolution's evolvr lessons.  I have had all of the guys (David, Erik, James Hirshfield, and Mike (mvmac) give me video lessons and have seen everyone but Mike in person.  They are quite helpful.

Originally Posted by gwlee7

Desmond,

You'd do yourself a great service to spend a few bucks on the Golf Evolution's evolvr lessons.  I have had all of the guys (David, Erik, James Hirshfield, and Mike (mvmac) give me video lessons and have seen everyone but Mike in person.  They are quite helpful.

Thanks, I would join and send a video, but I detest horror movies that involve me.

I'd go in person, but then, I don't venture to Ohio or Florida or Southern Cal ... well, I haven't been to Florida in a few years... but Mike needs to go to Northern Cal.

No doubt they are helpful. As soon as the shoulder issues are completely resolved, I will take video. Thanks.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Nice to hear Mr. Desmond. I know the system works and that the guys that teach it know their stuff, but it's also a good point that people are able to work on this themselves. Of course lessons will always be the ideal thing, but I think it says a lot about the theory and how it's laid out when people are able to get started themselves and see results.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Nice to hear Mr. Desmond. I know the system works and that the guys that teach it know their stuff, but it's also a good point that people are able to work on this themselves. Of course lessons will always be the ideal thing, but I think it says a lot about the theory and how it's laid out when people are able to get started themselves and see results.

I took lessons for 10 years with the wrong guys Haney's people. Then I went Hardy One-Plane with an instructor, and finally found a TGM guy - that opened my eyes. So I'm not one to do this alone. And going alone can be painfully slow. I'd recommend anyone to find a good instructor. I had a lot of background from asking questions and taking lessons from 3 different methods. So I might be slightly more knowledgeable about theory than the average Joe Golfer when it comes to the swing. But what I know can be accumulated on the tip of my finger compared to professional instructors.

Without a S&T; type in the area, I went to the book, arrived here, viewed video all over the place, looked at my own video - and shook my head - then began doing drills that Eric,  Mike, and Dave suggested here instead of banging balls. Now most of my time on the range is spent on the drills. I hope to see improvement when I take another video.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I enjoyed the radio interview and went to the website - www.purestrike.com

Yeah, uhhhh, we're not entirely thrilled with that site but it's what "they" built for now. It doesn't even really get the Keys right (Flat Left Wrist is about the left arm/club shaft inline condition, not about an actual flat left wrist). The manual our instructors will get makes this pretty clear.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Over the last two months, I've taken what Erik has given us about the five keys, applied Golf Evolution's Videos, and videos Erik and Mike have done on this site, and over the part month with 2X per week at the range, my game has gone from shooting near 100 to an unlucky 83 last week. My ball striking and confidence have improved, and over this weekend, I applied the keys of Dave's "slide the hips to get the weight forward" as if throwing a boulder and getting the left wrist flat - on the range, and my ball striking took another great leap forward. I was using the Tour Striker 7i to make certain the left wrist was flat at impact (feedback) and I started to eliminate more fats and thins.

Sweet!

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

I can only imagine what progress I'd make with one of the above gentleman as my instructor. When I can do it, I plan a personal lesson - one can only teach themselves so much - we all need a set of eyes and qualified people to look at us.

We're "accrediting" instructors at the end of April, and more will come in bunches after that. We're hand-picking good instructors and this system will help to make them better (as well as more cohesive with terms, understandings of some basic things, etc.). Some may be near you. Keep your eyes peeled, and look for the DVD here in a month or so as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So, we might get the 5 keys DVD ahead of Mike and Andy's supposed to have already been here

I was going to preorder the new S&T; series, then thought, you know, one never knows when those videos will finally come out, and I'm out $100 for 3-4 months without anything for it. So I've waited. And apparently, I'll wait until I see them coming out - they are two months overdue now. It's great that they apparently are trying to get it right. But they ought to give a bonus for those who've waited...

The 5 Keys are on my radar, too.

• 3 weeks later...

So, we might get the 5 keys DVD ahead of Mike and Andy's supposed to have already been here

I realise that accreditation, training instructors and getting the whole program off the ground is of paramount importance but is there any news on the DVD yet?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

I realise that accreditation, training instructors and getting the whole program off the ground is of paramount importance but is there any news on the DVD yet?

http://twitter.com/#!/GolfEvolution/status/195206018102341633

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I got a taste of the Five Keys today, and my instructor, Kathy, gave me a great mental image of the flat left wrist at impact - Knuckles down. Picture your left knuckles pointing down at impact - it flattens the left wrist.

I ingrained that with about 100 8-iron shots & the results were impressive. Much more consistent contact & a little added distance.

Quote:
Picture your left knuckles pointing down at impact

Hmm interesting, i'll try that..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have a question about Key #3, the flat left wrist. One the site PureStrike, it says " What’s the bottom line? This is absolutely critical for a consistent Pure Strike, so remember that having the Flat Left Wrist from before impact to follow-through is the most important alignment in golf. Nothing works if you bend your left wrist." and the image:

fig2.jpg

This image removes the visual delivering the hands before the club head or forward shaft lean (press). I would like to know how this correlates to a forward shaft lean. How is one able to deliver the hands before the club head (forward shaft lean) AND have a flat left wrist. I can't picture the concept.

Thanks!

Originally Posted by iacas

Yeah, uhhhh, we're not entirely thrilled with that site but it's what "they" built for now. It doesn't even really get the Keys right (Flat Left Wrist is about the left arm/club shaft inline condition, not about an actual flat left wrist). The manual our instructors will get makes this pretty clear.

Originally Posted by Th3R00st3r

I have a question about Key #3, the flat left wrist. One the site PureStrike, it says "What’s the bottom line? This is absolutely critical for a consistent Pure Strike, so remember that having the Flat Left Wrist from before impact to follow-through is the most important alignment in golf. Nothing works if you bend your left wrist." and the image:

This image removes the visual delivering the hands before the club head or forward shaft lean (press). I would like to know how this correlates to a forward shaft lean. How is one able to deliver the hands before the club head (forward shaft lean) AND have a flat left wrist. I can't picture the concept.

Thanks!

Looks like purestrike has dropped the ball here. I agree, it would be pretty hard to have significant shaft lean with the wrist condition pictured above, it would also be pretty hard to associate that with the "knuckles down"  feeling!

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Looks like purestrike has dropped the ball here. I agree, it would be pretty hard to have significant shaft lean with the wrist condition pictured above, it would also be pretty hard to associate that with the "knuckles down"  feeling!

They're using some old information. That site's a placeholder that we wish they'd take down or redirect or something.

Here's Key #3 (it's simply about the club shaft not passing the "inline" condition up the lead arm prior to impact):

Analyzr Image Export.jpg

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 1329 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!