IGNORED

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

iacas
Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just curious, why the change in terminology from P to A?

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

Just curious, why the change in terminology from P to A?

P stands for positions. A stands for alignments. We prefer alignments.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator
Originally Posted by miami8miami

how did the lessons in orlando go iacas?

Really well, thanks. I think others have commented in the relevant thread about how they enjoyed them.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Originally Posted by x129

Any update on when the DVD is coming out? I was hoping to see 5 keys or S&T; 2.0 before golf season is over

Dave and I are fairly certain at this point that we'll know the DVD is out when we see a review by someone online. :)

We've been hearing "a week from now" for awhile now.

Soon.

P.S. For golfers who do a lot of reading, I suspect there won't be a lot of new information at all in either set of DVDs. We have to remember, though, that we're about 1% of the golf population. Medicus sold well over a million of those hinged clubs, but when's the last time you've seen one? How many have you ever seen? There are a LOT of golfers out there.

It is still good to see it as a refresher though.  Sometimes the visual image of an explanation helps more that prose when you are struggling at the range or on the course.

When will Medicus come out with hinged putters?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a lot of trouble with swaying. I believe it occurs on the backswing. How much of your weight are focusing on the lead foot. I am old (54) but willing to learn a few new tricks. I want to get back down to a 3 or 4 again. I still hit the ball a decent distance, but the sway kills me for a few holes every round. Are there any S&T; guys in Southeast Texas that you know of?

Originally Posted by iacas

We have to remember, though, that we're about 1% of the golf population.

That is so elitest. Take that back. We're just regular folks.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by jmurder

I have a lot of trouble with swaying. I believe it occurs on the backswing. How much of your weight are focusing on the lead foot. I am old (54) but willing to learn a few new tricks. I want to get back down to a 3 or 4 again. I still hit the ball a decent distance, but the sway kills me for a few holes every round. Are there any S&T; guys in Southeast Texas that you know of?

We'll have some 5SK guys in Texas here shortly.

I can't tell you how much weight you need to feel on the lead foot, but at the top of the backswing, most good players have about 35% of their PRESSURE forward and about 50% of their weight (give or take 5% for both). Centered shoulder turns = weight distribution staying the same, while pressure changes slightly.

Send me a PM if you want. I know some good guys in Texas.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
Here's a little article we wrote. It's the cover story in this week's Golf Tips Magazine. http://www.golftipsmag.com/instruction/full-swing/lessons/5-keys.html It's not perfect (a few images are wrong, for example the one in Key #5 shows the same image for the last two) but it's still good overall.

Any updates on when the instructors are going to be announced? I could definitely use some hands-on help, I'm feeling exceptionally dense at the moment :)

Originally Posted by iacas

Here's a little article we wrote. It's the cover story in this week's Golf Tips Magazine.

http://www.golftipsmag.com/instruction/full-swing/lessons/5-keys.html

It's not perfect (a few images are wrong, for example the one in Key #5 shows the same image for the last two) but it's still good overall.

Very good article, very clear and concise. Shame about the odd wrong image.

On page 2, is that half an alignment stick Chuck is using to demonstrate Key #3?

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

I like your description at the start of this thread better.  Are you going to be involved with Medicus?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
Any updates on when the instructors are going to be announced? I could definitely use some hands-on help, I'm feeling exceptionally dense at the moment :)

We have the first 20 or so, we did some training in April. Where are you located? [quote name="The_Pharaoh" url="/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys/144#post_725499"] On page 2, is that half an alignment stick Chuck is using to demonstrate Key #3? [/quote] "Take a training stick and put it in the grip of your club so that a foot or so sticks out." Though it appears Chuck may have just held onto it it beside the grip in the picture. [quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys/144#post_725519"]I like your description at the start of this thread better.[/quote] I didn't have space constraints or need to work with pre-existing images when I wrote the first post like I did when I wrote the Golf Tips article. :)

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!][/SPOILER][quote name="iacas" url="/t/55426/introducing-five-simple-keys/144#post_725575"] We have the first 20 or so, we did some training in April. Where are you located? [/quote] Orlando.

Great article, thank you for sharing

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 1302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!