IGNORED

Shotly is trying again...

xxsoultonesxx
Note: This thread is 4159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just got an email from shotly, and they claim to be under new management, with a full time IT guy and customer service dept. I wonder what they will do to salvage their name around here. I know they had major issues before. What will they do to rectify themselves with past customers? How will they get new customers? They have their work cut out for them if you ask me.

I'd probably stay away from them no matter what kind of deal I saw on there.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw that email as well. Is it normal for small startups like this to completely change management? I always assumed the couple of guys who were on the forum and signed the emails before Grab-bag-gate were the only guys even working there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Don't care one bit if they are under new management or not and if they are truly under new management, new management is incompetent to continue using the Shotly name.  They destroyed their reputation with the grab bag debacle, doubt many people will be willing to give them a 2nd chance.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I completely understand and appreciate your apprehensiveness and anger towards the original Shotly.  Matt and Ted (the former owners) have not only been grossly irresponsible towards their customers, but to us as well.  I call or e-mail them just about daily (now 3 months since we've taken over the site) to get them to make remuneration to their customers that never received their merchandise, or were flat out ripped off and never received their grab bags.

As all of you have probably figured out, Matt and Ted were running Shotly as a hobby site.  They were not giving it the proper amount of time or effort to make it successful.  They did not do their homework on shipping costs to mail out the grab bags, which led to their  ultimate demise.

@GJBenn85, you are so right, keeping the shotly name was one of our worst decisions.  It continues to bite us in the a** with almost ever vendor and wholesaler that we reached out to.

@ xxsoultonesxx - The moderator of GOLFWRX, immediately squashed us, and didn't allow us any mention on that blog.  We have ultimately proven to him that we are new owners, we are dedicated to our customers, and will practice our business at the highest level.  He has since approved us for mention on the GOLFWRX site.

@ Jamo and tristanhilton85, and everyone, please come and have a look at the site.  We have just invested the last 5 months in building a custom web platform for the site.  We removed the old site, and just re-launched it this week.  We are trying as hard as possible to separate ourselves from the original shotly.

I welcome all feeback at Russell@shotly.com .

Please come have a look at what the new SHOTLY has to offer.

When there are so many reputable on-line sellers out there (including a few prominent ones on ebay) why would anyone give this bunch of tools their money or even their personal informtion for that matter? Seriously, why?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Crap - why didn't you pick a different name?

What did they have that you could  not build from scratch? I hope you did not purchase their stock and take on their liabilities...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Exactly, Shotly has a terrible reputation in this forum and many other golf forums, why would you invest any time or money into that name?  It costs $30 to register a new domain name.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

When there are so many reputable on-line sellers out there (including a few prominent ones on ebay) why would anyone give this bunch of tools their money or even their personal informtion for that matter? Seriously, why?

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Crap - why didn't you pick a different name?

What did they have that you could  not build from scratch? I hope you did not purchase their stock and take on their liabilities...

Joe Paradiso

It wasn't so much the grab bag fiasco, it was how it was handled.  I run my own business, and I make mistakes from time to time *gasp*.  But when they happen, we call the client(s), admit our mistakes in a totally honest way, give them our insurance information, our plan to fix it, and apologize profusely from the jump.  Most (almost all) nod and let us get on with making it right.  Very few get angry or even pull their business.

The shotly guys were, in a word, jerks.  I emailed them to find out what happened to a jacket I ordered (not even a grab bag item).  After two weeks (4-6 day shipping IIRC) I emailed, and got an email back that ended with "Patience!".  I mean, really?  I don't mind when people mess up - it happens.  But when people mess up AND cop an attitude?  I eventually got the windbreaker, and it is nice, but it took 3 weeks and I never got so much as an apology.  Just a snarky email telling me to have patience and what a good deal it was.

I will stick with deal a day golf.  I appreciate there are new owners, but there are too many businesses that are great out there (Callaway preowned for example) to bother with shotly.

Hi Everyone,

Russell here again, I realize that the shotly name is soiled, and ranks as a 4 letter word that we wouldn't want our children to utter..  When Chris purchased the site, there was a copious quantity of missing information from the previous owners.  They did not share their history, and admittedly there was a lack of background check on our behalf.  It was a catchy name, it had about 2,600 existing users, and looked like an attractive opportunity.

Though we have the same name, we are new owners.  We are 100% vested in shotly.com  I don't have any other occupation other than National Sales Mgr.  My schedule from 9:00 Monday Morning, until 5:00 Friday night is all Shotly.  I am more than happy to give out my e-mail, and office phone number for anyone to reach me.  I have access to every order put through the site, and every tracking number from our vendors who direct ship to you.

I know that there are a lot of people that are shaking their heads in disappointment and hurt feelings at what Shotly did.  Allow us to prove that we will rise up and be a better company.  If you haven't looked at the site lately, we invested in building a new web platform, and have multiple products available on the site.

Thank you for your input Sean_miller, Mr. Desmond, newtogolf, and johnclayton1982

Regards,

Russell Newman

203 306-0668

Russell@shotly.com

Please send me your contact information via my shotly e-mail address with any products that were never shipped to you.  Your paypal payment information, and name,address, phone, and e-mail contact information.

I e-mail and call the former owners at least 2-3 times per week to get them to make remuneration.  I currently have approximately 15 customers who are waiting for reimbursement, but would like to build a complete list.

Thanks again,

Russell

Russell@shotly.com

ShotlyRussell, kudos to you for stepping up and facing the music and trying to resolve the issues with prior customers.   Like other said you should seriously consider change the name.   Given its reputation so far, it is a strong liability for your new company.    I hope that the new owners didn't pay any extra in the acquisition for "brand value"!

So, just for the hell of it, I decided to look at the new Shotly site. Having not logged in in a very long time, I forgot my password. And the "Forgot your password" link is broken.....FAIL

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

So, just for the hell of it, I decided to look at the new Shotly site. Having not logged in in a very long time, I forgot my password. And the "Forgot your password" link is broken.....FAIL

Yeah I don't think they should require log in to see the site.   I never remember my password and always just exit the site before I can even see what they are selling.

I never liked sites that don't allow me to browse the site before providing personal information.   Given their past reputation there's no way I'd provide it now.  I understand the model, just not a fan of it.

Joe Paradiso

Good Morning,

As for logging in, Matt and Ted's site was so archaic, that we couldn't import the members contact information to the new web platform.  We had left messages that you had to re-enter your contact information on the new site.

As an opt-in site, we have to require a log-in in-order to allow access.  Sorry for the inconvenience.

@ Clambake, thanks for the note.  No, we definitely did NOT pay extra for brand value..

Have a great week everyone!

Chat with you soon.

Russell

• 8 months later...

Well, it appears that Shotly Daily Deals got a giant FAIL rating on both its first and second incarnation!

My name is James Vertisan, and I am the CEO of Vertisan Inc. We just released a golf smartphone app called SHOTLY. I'm posting to this thread to let the forum members know that our company and our new app has absolutely nothing to do with Shotly Daily Deals or any previous owners of a company with a similar name. Our app is a golf GPS rangefinder, with score and stat tracking. NO DAILY DEALS.

Respectfully,

James Vertisan

Note: This thread is 4159 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!