IGNORED

2012 AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro Am Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Well...so much for the congenial atmosphere of the clambake. Should make for interesting TV. The juxtaposition of Tiger screaming "F***" after a bad shot; for all its flaws, this is a real reaction - then you have Phil romping around and signing autographs after he sprays his driver 75 yards off line into some old lady's head. Hmm.

Current GearΒ Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW:Β Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12Β - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by brocks

Seems to me his head is not moving away from the target as much on the backswing, but is still dropping quite a bit on the downswing. He took a big divot with a teed-up three-wood on one of the holes, and had the shortest drive of the day.

I've never cared about his head dipping. Sometimes he overdoes it but it's a big source of his power (the explosion he can create off the ground).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by ohiolefty

Well...so much for the congenial atmosphere of the clambake. Should make for interesting TV. The juxtaposition of Tiger screaming "F***" after a bad shot; for all its flaws, this is a real reaction - then you have Phil romping around and signing autographs after he sprays his driver 75 yards off line into some old lady's head. Hmm.

When was the last time Tiger yelled something like that?

And yeah, that'll be interesting. Holy crap, what happened to Padraig? Bogey (on a par five) and then a double? Oof.

Good to see Phil is playing better. He's been off for quite awhile now.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

And yeah, that'll be interesting. Holy crap, what happened to Padraig? Bogey (on a par five) and then a double? Oof.

Uhh...even though most of the time they're pretty savy about what mic is going through to the audio feed, you can see him swearing emphatically most of the time he plays. I saw it last weekend from the Middle East. I haven't seen much of the live coverage from Pebble except for a few holes today, and he didn't hit any real loose shots.

I was playing around, though. I'm excited. It's good for the game. It's good to see Phil putting decently and not spraying it too terribly, and see Tiger managing his ball around the course and manage his misses better as well.

Phil and Tiger in the same group, on TV, the week after the Super Bowl - that's a good thing for the game we love.

Current GearΒ Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW:Β Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12Β - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Uhh...even though most of the time they're pretty savy about what mic is going through to the audio feed, you can see him swearing emphatically most of the time he plays. I saw it last weekend from the Middle East. I haven't seen much of the live coverage from Pebble except for a few holes today, and he didn't hit any real loose shots.

He hit one driver well offline on the back nine. Club flying out of the hands and everything. EDIT: Also, Bill Belichick played in a Pebble Beach hoodie today, and made the cut. But at least he didn't cut the sleeves off! http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4717670/caption-contest-belichick-golfs-in-hoodie?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm;_medium=twitter

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Zwick

Joseph Bramlett with an albatross, would love to see that.

It really sucks to not be able to see what will likely be the best shot of the tournament. Β The coverage of this event kind of sucks, honestly. Β I understand it would be quite the undertaking to show all 3 courses, but I feel like I'm blindfolded knowing that the leader is on another course and not being able to watch one of my favorites (D Johnson) who appeared to struggle through the first portion of his round.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

So anyone brave enough to make a pick for tomorrow? With how 54 hole leads have held up so far this year (they haven't) and the somewhat inexperience of the top 2, does anyone think that Tiger, Phil, DJ, Paddy, or anyone else has a good shot?

l Bag lΒ TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver lΒ TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5*Β l 3-Wood lΒ Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids lΒ TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons lΒ TaylorMade r7 5-PWΒ l Wedges lΒ Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter lΒ Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34"Β l Balls lΒ TaylorMade Penta TP

A Tiger vs Phil playoff would be sweet :p

However, if I had to put money on it, I'd probably pick Wi, I think he's just slightly out of reach, and as long as he plays well, it would take a fair bit to catch up to him. But anything can happen.

Two questions about this tournament for anyone that knows....

1.Β  How close are the hole locations on the three courses for the first three days -- are they identical?

2.Β  What do they do with the amateurs who make the cut -- do they still play with their partners in the fourth round, or do they go out early?

Thanks.....never paid attention to this.....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"Β  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Originally Posted by WWBDD

No comment on Bill's gopher killing camo getup?

I'm shocked.

His shtick kind of gets old after a while.

Brandon

I'm looking forward to see how Charlie and Tiger keep their cool on Sunday. Charlie has never played his best the final day and Tiger lost his track the last time he was in a position to win it. I fear more for Charlie than Tiger though, but his game has been solid this week. Only four bogies, but all of them at PB. 88% fairways 26.7 putts per round 74% GIR I expect at least one of the chasers to put together a good round, but the pins won't be easy. He really needs to avoid mistakes (doh) and just go play his own game, don't get in his head too much. He mentioned in an interview that he tends to pull himself down when he first starts making mistakes. Let's hope he can stay cool come Sunday. I always keep thinking this is a pretend tournament because of all the non-golf stuff going on at the course. They should really try doing something new here. Lopez is acting funny? No way! Murray got a weird outfit? What a doof! They are throwing a football (handegg) on a golf course? How fun...

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot ProΒ | Callaway X-Utility 3iΒ | Mizuno MX-700 23ΒΊ | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15ΒΊ | Titleist 910 D2 9,5ΒΊ | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger did drop a couple loud F bombs here and there and a serious "God Da$%it, Tiger" after he mis hit an iron shot in Abu Dabi. The GD was so clear that it sounded like he was miked up. I would be a total hypocrite if I tried to judge him because I am no angel, but it is unfortunate that kids hear him say stuff like that. But its not like it doesn't happen in every other sport. Kids shouldn't be allowed to sit anywhere near the court at NBA games. Speaking of cursing in front of kids...When I went to the final round of the PGA Championship at AAC I watched Brian Davis go into mother f'r tirade as he was walking of 18 and through the autograph lines...and there were like 100 kids standing there. Some of these kids looked mortified. A couple of parents even yelled at him to cool it. I have never seen anything like it. You have to save the freak outs for the locker room. He looked like a fool. Sorry, I'm getting way off topic. ;-)

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jamo

He hit one driver well offline on the back nine. Club flying out of the hands and everything.

Didn't see it. Sadly, life sometimes gets in the way of watching. But, that's not shocking at all. I saw him scoop that 3W off of 2, and while he did mimic what he'd done a few times (exaggerated OTT movement that was way worse than what he did on the actual tee shot) he seemed somewhat calm. I saw some curse words and all of that from Abu Dhabi, though.

Originally Posted by gwlee7

Maybe Tiger and Phil will get so wound up trying to play against each other that they shoot themselves out of contention.

I think Phil will play well. Β He has been so erratic lately that maybe he needs something like this to sharpen his focus.

Tiger should play well, the question is only if it's well enough to take the lead and win.

Brandon

Originally Posted by Zwick

If Wi can put together a round of 70, I doubt anyone will catch him.

He just double-bogeyed the first hole. If he breaks 75 it will be an accomplishment. There's a reason he's 40 and winless.

Note:Β This thread is 4448 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!