IGNORED

old driver new paintjob

Ballsndrama
Note: This thread is 4371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Ben

Nice job!

Have you caught it a little high on the face yet? I did a custom paint job on my hybrid before. Bronze metallic with tons of coats and tons of clear on top. One hit a little too high and the chipping began...

Where I come from, that paint job would be called, "Ghetto Fab".

• Upvote 1

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by Ben

Nice job!

Have you caught it a little high on the face yet? I did a custom paint job on my hybrid before. Bronze metallic with tons of coats and tons of clear on top. One hit a little too high and the chipping began...

Hey BallsnDrama...PIMP THAT HYBRID!!!

• Upvote 1

ben send me your hybrid I'll paint it up nice for you for free. just pay postage.  If you love it brag about it for me.  I imagine paint and clear to be around the fifty dollar range plus shipping if I were to charge. sky marks will mar your clubs but chipping or flaking should not occur. lets pimp that hybrid! let me know.  Ray

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

If I ever got a white driver, I would want it to be painted like this. Great job! If I had an old club I would give it a go, just so you guys could see me fail haha!

Ok seriously, how do I get in on this? I've been dying to have a picture of Grimace on top of my Rocketballz. It's not a question of want, it's more a statement of must have.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Very cool.

I can't wait to see how well it holds up to abuse.

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

Balls, did you bake the head after the painting?  My experience is that only baking the enamel paint will make the paint hard enough to withstand real golf abuse. Do not abuse  your head !!

Note: This thread is 4371 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!