IGNORED

To all you golfers who drive a pickup truck

Kenny D
Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If you're really worried, or just particular, buy a hardcase, bolt it to the bed and then use it (with a cover so it's lockable, or without as just a gear cradle.....

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think tying clubs down in an open bed is more of safety thing. Sudden emergency stops, or even worse, getting hit by another vehicle, can send loose stuff flying. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Soft tonneau cover and a non-slip bed liner.  shoes, hat, gloves, balls, towels, and bag of clubs stay right where I leave them.  Tail gate locks automatically when I lock the truck and tonneau cannot be opened.  If they want what is in the bed of your truck they are gonna get it one way or another...This has been my method of transporting and storing with two trucks over the past 8 years...

I have a soft tonneau cover to keep them out of sight, and my tailgate locks when I lock the doors.  I never have any problems with them moving around.  I drive 150 miles each way to golf tournaments in Denver at least once a month during the season, and I haven't had any issues with it.  When I'm home the clubs hang on a peg in the garage and only come down for my Tuesday evening league or an occasional 9 hole hole round with a friend.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Just how Smokey & The bandit can OP be driving to worry about damaging clubs?

Lol!

I'm only concerned with theft when I tote my clubs in the bed of my truck. A buddy of mine had his clubs lifted from the back of his jeep once. Just how shitty of a human being must you be to steal someon's clubs?

John C.

In the bag: Nike Covert Driver, #3 wood and #5 Wood. Titelist AP1 710series irons regular graphite shafts. Sounder 60 degree wedge. Titleist Bullseye putter.  Prov-1 balls.

4 hours ago, NEhomer said:

Just how Smokey & The bandit can OP be driving to worry about damaging clubs?

Lol!

I'm only concerned with theft when I tote my clubs in the bed of my truck. A buddy of mine had his clubs lifted from the back of his jeep once. Just how shitty of a human being must you be to steal someon's clubs?

The course where I work has had numerous sets stolen in the past. I won't leave my clubs unattended for any amount of time. Good thing is we haven't had a set go missing in a couple of years. We have, on the other hand, had two different sets of clubs left in the parking lot in the past month. Someone brought them out to the car and just left them sitting there. One set still hasn't been claimed by the owner. So regardless of whether you tie them down or not, at least remember to take them! :doh:

• Upvote 1

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

3 hours ago, NM Golf said:

The course where I work has had numerous sets stolen in the past. I won't leave my clubs unattended for any amount of time. Good thing is we haven't had a set go missing in a couple of years. We have, on the other hand, had two different sets of clubs left in the parking lot in the past month. Someone brought them out to the car and just left them sitting there. One set still hasn't been claimed by the owner. So regardless of whether you tie them down or not, at least remember to take them! :doh:

This was a big problem at a course I frequented several years ago. Folks would drive up to the bag drop, off load their gear, and go park their car. When they got back to the bag drop, their gear was gone. 

Others would set their bags down outside the green fees office door. When they came out, there stuff was no where to be found. 

They finally caught a couple of  youngsters doing the deed for profit. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I just put the clubs and my push cart in the back of the bed and have never had any problems with the clubs getting damaged.  In fact, it was a bigger issue with a trunk because I had to remove all the woods from the bag, just to fit it inside.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

2014 Honda Ridgeline. I keep my Clicgear cart, shoes, and all my other goodies in the trunk in the bed, locked up. Clubs get put into the back seat when I go play. Otherwise, they are in my office inside the house. I'm not driving around with $2k of clubs in my truck, nor leaving them locked up in the garage or truck, due to changes in heat and such.

I have a roll up hard cover that I can lock and something called the bed rug that makes my the back of my truck like a big trunk. It Smooths out all the ridges in the bed and cushions as well as has carpet like material. It's pretty awesome. No clatter no slide everything's protected.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

When I would ride to the golf course with my grandpa and our clubs were in the bed of his truck, he used a simple little trick to keep the clubs from sliding all over. 

Most trucks have tie down points in all 4 corners of the bed. We'd just use a bungie cord looped through the carry handle of the golf bag with both ends hooked onto the tie down point. It held the bags tight to the corner of the truck so they didn't slide all over.

I used to have a ford ranger king cab. I used to put them in the passenger seat. When I had to pit them in the back I would make sure the cover on the golf bag was on secure, It worked just fine , no damage to the bed or the clubs  The bungie cord idea looks like a inexpensive idea though. :-)

Note: This thread is 2205 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!