IGNORED

Shoes on tour...?

Fender
Note: This thread is 4423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Is it 2012 or 1930?

Says the guy whose avatar is an 8802 style putter.  What year do you want it to be?  (Heh, heh.)

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by k-troop

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kieran123

Is it 2012 or 1930?

Says the guy whose avatar is an 8802 style putter.  What year do you want it to be?  (Heh, heh.)

You've seen his vintage golf beard right? Next long weekend he's gonna party like 'twas 1899.

PS. my golf beard's starting to look like Santa Claus

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by k-troop

You missed my point. But that's okay. I'll elaborate

Who cares what shoes people wear golfing. Whether it be classic style shoes, or modern day.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by mlf16507

I love my Crocs golf shoes!!!!!

Looks like Crocs stopped making golf shoes, so I will switch over to these!

http://usadawgs.com/Men's-Golf-Spirit-Dawgs.html

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

Styles change over time.  So do hairstyles, traditions, scientific understanding, economic policies, societal mores and standards, technologies, rules and laws, transportation.....pretty much everything.      You can either decide to be be stuck in your old ways and not accept any of it and grow into an old curmudgeon who yells at kids "Hey, get off my lawn!" and alienate everyone around you, or you can embrace it and choose to age happily and full of wonder for how things keep being different.     I'd choose the latter.

Originally Posted by Clambake

Styles change over time.  So do hairstyles, traditions, scientific understanding, economic policies, societal mores and standards, technologies, rules and laws, transportation.....pretty much everything.      You can either decide to be be stuck in your old ways and not accept any of it and grow into an old curmudgeon who yells at kids "Hey, get off my lawn!" and alienate everyone around you, or you can embrace it and choose to age happily and full of wonder for how things keep being different.     I'd choose the latter.

Yeah, that's all great and everything, but white crosstrainers or claycourt tennis shoes still don't match well with black dress pants. There's no argument to be made really. All he had to do was get the exact same shoes in black or dark grey and I personally would never have chimed in. Those pants paired with those shoes in white looks like something a toddler would wear.

And Freddy's shoes would look better with jeans, or at least khakis cut like jeans, but what do I know, I still use a flip phone.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

• Administrator

Originally Posted by mlf16507

Looks like Crocs stopped making golf shoes

Nope. They were at the PGA Show. They too signed Hank Haney to an endorsement deal.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Yeah, that's all great and everything, but white crosstrainers or claycourt tennis shoes still don't match well with black dress pants. There's no argument to be made really. All he had to do was get the exact same shoes in black or dark grey and I personally would never have chimed in. Those pants paired with those shoes in white looks like something a toddler would wear.

Couldn't agree more.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

Originally Posted by colin007

lols...i was being very sarcastic.  im picturing the fat middle aged guy in shorts that are too short, with socks pulled up, and his 20 year old saddle style footjoys.

LOL...all good! My sarcasm sometimes gets misunderstood too.

Originally Posted by walk18

Quote:

personally I think a pair of jeans paired with golf cleats looks better than running shoes and dress pants.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on that one.

Likely but one of many topics of aesthetics where we'd disagree - I'm perfectly okay with that.

Likely but one of many topics of aesthetics where we'd disagree - I'm perfectly okay with that.

What about 'Sneans'

Steve Jobs favourite

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

Originally Posted by iacas

Nope. They were at the PGA Show. They too signed Hank Haney to an endorsement deal.

They might be called Crocs, but those 3 styles are sneakers! The Dawgs are at least clogs.

Wishon  715 CLC-AXE5 A shaft -hard steppedt -44.5"
4 wood-Infiniti 17*-UST IROD A shaft-Hard stepped(2009 model)
Hybrids 19* & 24*-Trident DSW-UST IROD Hybrid A shaft-hard stepped (2009 model)
Irons-5-PW- Wilson Staff Progressive Forged-TT Release  sensicore( 5&6-Soft stepped R-7,8&9-R-wedge hard stepped R
Wedges-52*-Wilson JP BeCE(54* bent to 52*)-TT-Release sensicore-hard stepped R

56*Wilson R-61 BECU Sandy Andy- Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

60* Wilson Harmonized BECU-Release sensicore tipped same as 8 iron

Woods- Star Grips  Irons Energy Grips

:Putter-Rife IBF with Ping Blackout Grip-35"

Ball-Wilson Staff Zip Golf. or C-25

There's an argument about what type of shoes should be considered acceptable on the course?  And professionals at that?

Because professional golfers have always been the pinnacle of acceptable fashion?

Who cares what shoes they wear?  Aren't there better things to be complaining about?

Originally Posted by Bullitt5339

There's an argument about what type of shoes should be considered acceptable on the course?  And professionals at that?

Because professional golfers have always been the pinnacle of acceptable fashion?

Who cares what shoes they wear?  Aren't there better things to be complaining about?

It's a golf forum--there is only so much we can talk about.  It had to get to shoes eventually.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Not really sure why people insist ever kind of shoe is "classy", but a pair of comfortable jeans is trashy. Somewhat hilarious double standard right there, because personally I think a pair of jeans paired with golf cleats looks better than running shoes and dress pants. I'll stick with "traditional" golf shoes. I have a few different types of shoes that are comfortable for walking, including my golf cleats.

Wear what you want to wear as long as they don't damage the greens, and if certain shoes are better for your feet, go for it. But white athletic shoes and dark coloured dress pants just reminds me of the "rebels" who'd wear high tops with their tux at junior prom. No problem with it - just makes me chuckle a bit.

Agreed.  For me, it's the stark contrast between the cut and fit of his tailored dress pants paired with some shoes you run a 5K with.  Whenever I see that combination, it makes me want to say, "I hate it too when I forget my shoes and have to borrow a pair".

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

I like the classic look of golf so allen edmonds brogues are "handsome," and kind of rustic, if you will. However, the FJ Streets look like my Con's which I love so, those are cool. Plus, the Oakley Ciphen, coolest show ever in blue. Unfortunately that would only match once, which is why I go black or white shoes almost always.

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Originally Posted by iacas

As if an old man putting his hands on other men's hips to get him to "get what it feels like," wasn't gay enough. Now he's wearing Crocs

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Note: This thread is 4423 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!