IGNORED

Best pants/shorts to avoid embarrassing sweat marks?

BobSweat
Note: This thread is 3745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Unfortunately, I do not sweat like a normal person.  I can go an entire day without deodorant on my underarms and barely sweat.  Forehead will be as dry as ever.  I (pretty much) only sweat from my back and butt.  Obviously when golfing I'll wear black shorts/pants to avoid any embarrassing swamp stains, but every company these days makes some variation of Dri-fit, sweat-wicking golf pants and shirts.

Does anyone have experience with these and which are the best on the market for avoiding sweat stains/marks on the clothing?  Nike better than Adidas?  Izod better than Calloway?  Under armour better than all?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  Serious thread.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

Although I do not share your affliction, I nonetheless look forward to the replies

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by BobSweat

Serious thread.  Thanks.

Sorry but this thread made me laugh... I can't answer though as I do not have this problem/issue.  My advice would be to drink plenty of fluids...

Figured some people would have some fun with this, and its cool.  Definitely a weird problem/question/thread.  However, any serious answers would be helpful.  Gotta be some other sweaters out there who wear this dri-fit type stuff and can vouch for a brand they know works.

TIA.

You may want clothes with a higher percentage synthetic fibres. The weat don't soak up a synthetic apparel in the same way. Shirts should be easy enough to find, but pants may be harder. You also have to consider what color to choose. Beige is a bad color if you want to avoid stains, go for darker clothes. Black, dark grey, dark blue, dark brown etc. Still, a dark pant in cotton will soak up sweat. It might get very hot, but you could consider trying out some breathing super underwear underneath the pants. They might trap the moisture and prevent it from soaking into the outer pant. The ideal would be as much synthetic fibres as you can find. Most of my Nike pants are made out of 50%+ cotton, but I got one pair (Nike Low Rise Slim) which got 95% polyester and 5% elastan (elastic fibres). It still shows if I dab some water on it, but it will disappear faster. Perhaps something like that combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat. I also got a pair Peak Performance 100% cotton pants. They are dark blue and with a pattern, so moisture won't be as visible, but it will also hold the sweat, so it might be a bad fit. My best bet is on a dark pant with a pattern and a high percentage synthetic fibres. Combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat might also be a good match. I don't have the same sweat issues as you, but I can not wear bright colored shirts in cotton. They get pit stains very quickly. I usually wear synthetic or a combination with wool on the course, on legs and torso.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Underarmor makes some good products that keep you dry, wisk away the moisture.. But you probably wont find pants

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Originally Posted by Zeph

You may want clothes with a higher percentage synthetic fibres. The weat don't soak up a synthetic apparel in the same way.

Shirts should be easy enough to find, but pants may be harder. You also have to consider what color to choose. Beige is a bad color if you want to avoid stains, go for darker clothes. Black, dark grey, dark blue, dark brown etc. Still, a dark pant in cotton will soak up sweat.

It might get very hot, but you could consider trying out some breathing super underwear underneath the pants. They might trap the moisture and prevent it from soaking into the outer pant.

The ideal would be as much synthetic fibres as you can find. Most of my Nike pants are made out of 50%+ cotton, but I got one pair (Nike Low Rise Slim) which got 95% polyester and 5% elastan (elastic fibres). It still shows if I dab some water on it, but it will disappear faster. Perhaps something like that combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat.

I also got a pair Peak Performance 100% cotton pants. They are dark blue and with a pattern, so moisture won't be as visible, but it will also hold the sweat, so it might be a bad fit.

My best bet is on a dark pant with a pattern and a high percentage synthetic fibres.

Combined with something underneath to take up most of the sweat might also be a good match.

I don't have the same sweat issues as you, but I can not wear bright colored shirts in cotton. They get pit stains very quickly. I usually wear synthetic or a combination with wool on the course, on legs and torso.

This.... plus make sure you wear the right kind of underwear like compression shorts. You can buy any type of pants or shorts you want but if your underwear is swamped it will show.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by Gresh24

There is no hiding Swamp Ass...

LOL. I don't have swamp ass per-se, but it does get hot in the south late summer. I just wear light colors and dri-fit type clothing. No particular brand.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Originally Posted by clubchamp

This.... plus make sure you wear the right kind of underwear like compression shorts. You can buy any type of pants or shorts you want but if your underwear is swamped it will show.

This is good... I wouldn't say that I have the quite the problem the OP does, but I do sweat a lot myself and I've noticed that I stay much dryer up top if I wear a compression shirt under my polo.  I'd assume it'd be the same if you wore compression shorts...

I also agree with the idea of wearing pants with a high amount of synthetic materials... If you have a Target around you check out their C9 golf pants/shorts... they are really light weight and dry pretty quickly.  I think that you'll have good luck with those and as a bonus they are a bit cheaper than the Nike/Adidas/UA stuff.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Underarmour or New Balance synthetic boxers - love them for daily wear

loose fitting synthetic shorts or pants that breathe and evaporate

and use similar synthetics - either white or dark shirts.

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Synthetic fibers, and a color that won't show it as much (black, dark blue, dark brown) should do the trick. And you don't have to spend a boatload of cash either, check discount sites and look into 'lesser' brands (Izod can be had at Macy's for a decent price).

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Originally Posted by ohiolefty

Synthetic fibers, and a color that won't show it as much (black, dark blue, dark brown) should do the trick. And you don't have to spend a boatload of cash either, check discount sites and look into 'lesser' brands (Izod can be had at Macy's for a decent price).

+1.  While I tend to wear Nike Dri Fit pants/shorts and UA shirts--primarily for fit and feel reasons, I do have a couple of el cheapo synthetic golf shirts that I bought for $15 and they work just great.  Now, they may not feel as nice against the skin and/or they may not stretch/give as well during the swing like my UA shirts do, but for $35 less per shirt, I can live with that.  Also, I find that Adidas seems to be discounted more often and deeper than Nike and UA in the pro shops/sports stores.  Another option is to try the outlets for Nike/Adidas/UA/Ashworth.  They have them all over the country and if there's not one local, I'm sure they'll ship.

:titleist: :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

There is no hiding Swamp Ass...

August in South Florida can bring out the beast in you. I typically do dark synthetic Izod shorts. Save the light khaki for those cooler days.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

While I also dont have this problem I can understand your problem, I played with someone wearing white pants with a bad gas problem, the final result was white pants that looked like a coffee filter, anyway while all is not the same I use moisture wicking t - shirts and wicking polos and they work great, I would think using under wear that is wicking would help along with the darker colors of the spectrum. good luck

+1 These are great, I prefer the boxer briefs, but in any case they will help keep you drier.  I use them when I work out and to run in if the shorts I'm wearing doesn't include a liner.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Underarmour or New Balance synthetic boxers - love them for daily wear

loose fitting synthetic shorts or pants that breathe and evaporate

and use similar synthetics - either white or dark shirts.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by Tomboys

+1.  While I tend to wear Nike Dri Fit pants/shorts and UA shirts--primarily for fit and feel reasons, I do have a couple of el cheapo synthetic golf shirts that I bought for $15 and they work just great.  Now, they may not feel as nice against the skin and/or they may not stretch/give as well during the swing like my UA shirts do, but for $35 less per shirt, I can live with that.  Also, I find that Adidas seems to be discounted more often and deeper than Nike and UA in the pro shops/sports stores.  Another option is to try the outlets for Nike/Adidas/UA/Ashworth.  They have them all over the country and if there's not one local, I'm sure they'll ship.

I don't cheap out on shirts. But, as far as pants go, as long as you have the right colors, I don't see a HUGE difference. I have an Izon outlet by me, and can get the 'better' Izod stuff (which is equivalent to the midline stuff of the good brands) pretty cheaply when I catch a sale.

As far as outlets go, the Nike Outlets are very good. Adidas can be hit and miss, not great discounts. UA is somewhere in the middle. Puma has fantastic outlets, but they're not everywhere like Nike/UA/Addidas/Reebok.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

Just google Under Armour golf pants - tons to choose from.

Here's a link to get you started.

Don't know if they have any with a pattern on it - it would help hide any stains that may form during the round.

Hope it helps.

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4202102&010=SKU-7851848&003=3933188&camp;=CSE:GoogleBase&camp;=CSE:GoogleBase

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Note: This thread is 3745 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!