IGNORED

Need help buying mizuno clubs

Note: This thread is 4439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by The sandman

Ok I'll try all the shafts.. But I jut like something heavy.. Anyway will let u know tmr

KBS

Nippon Superpeening Blue and Orange are very popular and beefy >120

Nippon 1150 - are 115-120g

A good club maker can give you head feel as to swing weight. Nothing wrong with 110g + shafts. Hefty enough. Pros like Kuchar play Aerotech i95 shafts.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Once again, hit the lightest shafts you can that give you the best numbers and least dispersion.

Let the LM help you decide.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I played like crap today.. Always slicing the ball.. I think I need more time to adjust to the clubs and new shafts.. but the room 502's r like marshmallow's like u guys said it would be.. Very happy abt it.. I need to also adjust my swing to accommodate the new lie angle..

Thanks for the shaft tip Desmond..

Ps. I will thumbs up u guys soon when I get to use my pc.. Been using iPhone so thumbs up doesn't work.. All of u have been a great help..

Hang in there.  It usually takes a while to get used to new clubs.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I played like crap today.. Always slicing the ball.. I think I need more time to adjust to the clubs and new shafts.. but the room 502's r like marshmallow's like u guys said it would be.. Very happy abt it.. I need to also adjust my swing to accommodate the new lie angle..

Thanks for the shaft tip Desmond..

Ps. I will thumbs up u guys soon when I get to use my pc.. Been using iPhone so thumbs up doesn't work.. All of u have been a great help..

What did you end up with in shafts, length, etc?

It takes time to grow accustomed to new clubs and a new hobby.

good luck.

What did you end up with in shafts, length, etc?

It takes time to grow accustomed to new clubs and a new hobby.

good luck.

I didn't decide yet.. I tried out the 502's again today with the r300 dg shafts.. And played good today.. Scoring 51 and 44.. I felt the irons r easy to hit and felt soft.. Tar will try out the kbs shafts and maybe the Nippon 1150 like u suggested.. Hope to do better.. I really wanna love the kbs as they look sick but I hope they love me back.. Now I know why spins r expensive, they made my r9 tp feel like a crowbar hitting a golf ball.. Will let u know again tmr

I didn't decide yet.. I tried out the 502's again today with the r300 dg shafts.. And played good today.. Scoring 51 and 44.. I felt the irons r easy to hit and felt soft.. Tar will try out the kbs shafts and maybe the Nippon 1150 like u suggested.. Hope to do better.. I really wanna love the kbs as they look sick but I hope they love me back..

Now I know why spins r expensive, they made my r9 tp feel like a crowbar hitting a golf ball..

Will let u know again tmr

Try the 1150 in regular flex. The 1150 stiff is strong. the 1150 regular is one of my favorite shafts.

Mr Desmond.. Can u tell me the difference between the DG r300 and the Nippon 1150 regular as far as characteristics and benefits?? Also if the DG are all the same exact weight and I choose carefully would it be a good brand for shafts?? Thanks

Mr Desmond.. Can u tell me the difference between the DG r300 and the Nippon 1150 regular as far as characteristics and benefits?? Also if the DG are all the same exact weight and I choose carefully would it be a good brand for shafts?? Thanks

The Nippon is 1150 is their slightly stiffer tip to keep the ball down (as opposed to their 950 and 1050 shafts) but still has a mid kick point. Typically, it is a smoother feeling shaft and of higher quality. Apparently, they have 2 versions -- the 1150 and 1150 Tour -- the tour has a slightly lower torque and heavier weight.

The DG shaft has a low kick point designed to keep the ball low, is heavier, and is not as smooth as Nippon.

If I'm going steel and pairing it with a Japanese Domestic club head, I prefer (1) a Nippon or (2) KBS if the numbers fit.

The Nippons will cost more. But then, Epons are not inexpensive.

Go with the LM numbers and what they tell you.

I tried both.. R300 and Nippon 1150.. The fitter said that the epon ball flight is already high so I didn't need to use the Nippon and recommended the r300 for the lower and farther ball flight.. I'm making my decision now.. I really like both.. Dunno what to do.. I'm new to golf and can't really make a decision.. The lm shows better distance with the r300..

I want better consistency does that mean I need to use heavier shafts?

I tried both.. R300 and Nippon 1150.. The fitter said that the epon ball flight is already high so I didn't need to use the Nippon and recommended the r300 for the lower and farther ball flight.. I'm making my decision now.. I really like both.. Dunno what to do.. I'm new to golf and can't really make a decision.. The lm shows better distance with the r300..

I want better consistency does that mean I need to use heavier shafts?

Heavier doesn't necessarily mean more consistent ...

It all depends on what is the fitter's definition of high, and the dispersion of shots with both shafts, and the numbers (carry, spin, etc).

If you had both shafts on the LM, what did the dispersion of the shots look like? i.e., Did you have a tighter circle of shots with one shaft over another and were the shots in the right place (flight). What was carry?

Were you able to take both clubs to the range and check them out?

It's tough as a newbie and no one here knows your swing - we can guess that as a newbie you're young, going to get better and that your swing will improve. We will assume you will work on your swing. You can probably count on going through another shaft change as your swing improves. So you might want to go with the R300 if the dispersion is tight and where you want the balls to be, and they give you better carry over the Nippon. The R300 should cost about 50% less than a Nippon per shaft - so if the numbers work right now, and you're swing speed will increase, I think the value choice would be the R300 depending on what I've discussed above as to dispersion, flight, and carry (spin, etc). You should have your fitter explain the numbers to you before making the decision.

As your swing speed increases, look at other shafts in the DG, KBS, and Nippon series (Blue or Orange Superpeening are popular).

Good luck.

Hi.. In the end i got the DG R 300 shaft for my epon 502's.. I tried the Nippon shafts and kbs and project x rifle shafts.. But I hit more consistently with the r300 and better groups as well.. So that's what I got.. I will post pics tommorow..

Hi.. In the end i got the DG R 300 shaft for my epon 502's.. I tried the Nippon shafts and kbs and project x rifle shafts.. But I hit more consistently with the r300 and better groups as well.. So that's what I got.. I will post pics tommorow..

Good decision.

Have fun. As you gain more speed and your swing develops, you can change shafts.

Note: This thread is 4439 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!