IGNORED

Annoying Golf Announcers

tjdean

Maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my older years but I find that American golf announcers are getting more annoying. I wish we could have Renton, Julian , Dougie Donnelly announce all the PGA events for GC.  Terry Gannon is beginning to grate on my nerves. Jim Nantz doesn't have to say Sir Nick every time he mentions Faldo whose ego needs no further stroking. I like Johnny Miller who calls them as he sees them.  My all time favorite is Henry Longhurst who used to cover the Masters back in the '70's. When a putt went in the side of the hole it went in the trades men's entrance according to Henry.

Maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my older years but I find that American golf announcers are getting more annoying. I wish we could have Renton, Julian , Dougie Donnelly announce all the PGA events for GC.  Terry Gannon is beginning to grate on my nerves. Jim Nantz doesn't have to say Sir Nick every time he mentions Faldo whose ego needs no further stroking. I like Johnny Miller who calls them as he sees them.  My all time favorite is Henry Longhurst who used to cover the Masters back in the '70's. When a putt went in the side of the hole it went in the trades men's entrance according to Henry.

Much better than a watery grave.

I want Ben Wright and Ken Venturi back!

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

Rymer is like a fifth grade fat kid that thinks he is really cool and funny and consequently never shuts up.

I am a big fan of David Feherty.  He is about the only one I can stand listening to for any length of time.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

I f*&%$#g hate Charlie Rymer.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

I have to disagree.....

If we went back to the golf announcers of the 70's and 80's again, I would turn the channel or fall asleep.  The European Tour has those type of announcers still and it's painful to watch.  Feherty is awesome on the course and actually adds some interest to the game.

I wish they would get rid of Johnny Miller.  If by, "calling it as he sees it" you mean that he is rude and talks trash about a shot that someone just made, then I guess he is.  I personally find him arrogant, egotistical and just plain rude.

IMO, they could get rid of Ferhety and McCord too.  Both of them try way too hard to be funny and just come across as idiots.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I wish they would get rid of Johnny Miller.  If by, "calling it as he sees it" you mean that he is rude and talks trash about a shot that someone just made, then I guess he is.  I personally find him arrogant, egotistical and just plain rude. IMO, they could get rid of Ferhety and McCord too.  Both of them try way too hard to be funny and just come across as idiots.

At least Feherty knows when to shut up. McCord seems to think he gets paid by the word.

I think Feherty's articles are hilarious, and show is pretty funny, but I never found his commentating too spectacular. But then again, I do all my own anyway?

"It's better to burn out than to fade away." -Kurt Cobain

Feherty was fine in small doses as the quirky greenside announcer ... I can't stand his show.

The understated Euro Tour Brit announcers are much better than the majority of TGC/NBC people ... IMO.

Having said that, I like Nick Faldo (ducks).

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

What happened to Frank Nobilo?

The only one I can stand

I wonder when Gary McCord will realise he isn't funny

• Thumbs Up 1

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

What happened to Frank Nobilo? The only one I can stand I wonder when Gary McCord will realise he isn't funny

I don't mind McCord trying to be funny, I hate when he tries to talk through golf shots. "Alright, we're going to hit a tiny little cut shot here, fade it off the left bunker, work it in there. Feed it to the back of the green, we'll spin the ball back a bit, make the putt. Okay, and here we go." It's like he thinks we're listening to a radio.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I could strangle anyone in the world and get away with it, it'd be Gary Koch.  What a pretentious ass.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

When TGC website had a forum, there were many a thread bitching about the "talent".

Presumedly that's why they got rid of the forum about a year ago.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

McCord is the one I dislike the most for all the reasons already stated. Miller isn't my favorite either because he comes off like he's still better than anyone else, but overall he's ok. McCord's shtick is just plain tired. So glad they don't let him work Augusta

McCord needs to learn to shut up.  He is like a wind up toy that just keeps going and going.... Really annoying at times.  I mean he can throw in his little quirky comments, and I don't mind them... But often times he says something and then just keeps ranting or goes off on a diatribe.  Like the damn kikuyu grass today... He kept talking about it over and over and wouldn't stop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades