IGNORED

Annoying Golf Announcers

Note: This thread is 2379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my older years but I find that American golf announcers are getting more annoying. I wish we could have Renton, Julian , Dougie Donnelly announce all the PGA events for GC.  Terry Gannon is beginning to grate on my nerves. Jim Nantz doesn't have to say Sir Nick every time he mentions Faldo whose ego needs no further stroking. I like Johnny Miller who calls them as he sees them.  My all time favorite is Henry Longhurst who used to cover the Masters back in the '70's. When a putt went in the side of the hole it went in the trades men's entrance according to Henry.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd listen to TST chat vocalized during the telecast. Just regular folk chewin' the fat. During the majors, the realtime chat is pretty interesting. Way better than any of the "professionals".

I like Johnny Miller, but I prefer to listen to Peter Aliss. Gary McCord is pretty good also, as is Jim Nance. Most of the rest are annoying to me. McCord's remark about the greens at Augusta being so

Maybe I'm just getting crotchety in my older years but I find that American golf announcers are getting more annoying. I wish we could have Renton, Julian , Dougie Donnelly announce all the PGA events for GC.  Terry Gannon is beginning to grate on my nerves. Jim Nantz doesn't have to say Sir Nick every time he mentions Faldo whose ego needs no further stroking. I like Johnny Miller who calls them as he sees them.  My all time favorite is Henry Longhurst who used to cover the Masters back in the '70's. When a putt went in the side of the hole it went in the trades men's entrance according to Henry.

Much better than a watery grave.

Rymer is like a fifth grade fat kid that thinks he is really cool and funny and consequently never shuts up.

I am a big fan of David Feherty.  He is about the only one I can stand listening to for any length of time.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

I f*&%$#g hate Charlie Rymer.

I have to disagree.....

If we went back to the golf announcers of the 70's and 80's again, I would turn the channel or fall asleep.  The European Tour has those type of announcers still and it's painful to watch.  Feherty is awesome on the course and actually adds some interest to the game.

I wish they would get rid of Johnny Miller.  If by, "calling it as he sees it" you mean that he is rude and talks trash about a shot that someone just made, then I guess he is.  I personally find him arrogant, egotistical and just plain rude.

IMO, they could get rid of Ferhety and McCord too.  Both of them try way too hard to be funny and just come across as idiots.

I wish they would get rid of Johnny Miller.  If by, "calling it as he sees it" you mean that he is rude and talks trash about a shot that someone just made, then I guess he is.  I personally find him arrogant, egotistical and just plain rude. IMO, they could get rid of Ferhety and McCord too.  Both of them try way too hard to be funny and just come across as idiots.

At least Feherty knows when to shut up. McCord seems to think he gets paid by the word.

Feherty was fine in small doses as the quirky greenside announcer ... I can't stand his show.

The understated Euro Tour Brit announcers are much better than the majority of TGC/NBC people ... IMO.

Having said that, I like Nick Faldo (ducks).

What happened to Frank Nobilo? The only one I can stand I wonder when Gary McCord will realise he isn't funny

I don't mind McCord trying to be funny, I hate when he tries to talk through golf shots. "Alright, we're going to hit a tiny little cut shot here, fade it off the left bunker, work it in there. Feed it to the back of the green, we'll spin the ball back a bit, make the putt. Okay, and here we go." It's like he thinks we're listening to a radio.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

McCord is the one I dislike the most for all the reasons already stated. Miller isn't my favorite either because he comes off like he's still better than anyone else, but overall he's ok. McCord's shtick is just plain tired. So glad they don't let him work Augusta

McCord needs to learn to shut up.  He is like a wind up toy that just keeps going and going.... Really annoying at times.  I mean he can throw in his little quirky comments, and I don't mind them... But often times he says something and then just keeps ranting or goes off on a diatribe.  Like the damn kikuyu grass today... He kept talking about it over and over and wouldn't stop.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 2379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!