IGNORED

2012 Accenture Match Play Discussion Thread

brocks
Note: This thread is 4413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think some of you are definitely a bit uptight when it comes to headgear.  I saw Mahan's flat-brimmed hat during the replay last night, and I'm surprised there is this much fuss over it.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

For what it's worth, I'm all for seeing more non-standard headwear on tour. We're so used to everyone wearing caps and visors, it's shocking to see anything different. I say yes to ivy caps, fedoras, pork pies, buckets, Stetsons, and any other type of hat you could think of.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Are there any players that still wear those painter hats?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I think some of you are definitely a bit uptight when it comes to headgear.  I saw Mahan's flat-brimmed hat during the replay last night, and I'm surprised there is this much fuss over it.

Brandon

I've stated several times that when purchasing a hat for golf, I'm looking for something with a flatter wide(ish) brim so it doesn't interfere with sunglasses (like the wraparound kind Hunter Mahan wears) and it must be roomy enough to not feel perched on my head ready to fall off mid-swing or after a slight gust of wind - sort of like the UA hats worn by Hunter Mahan. Maybe I do look foolish, but I don't enjoy continually having to push up my glasses or worry about my hat flipping off. Okay, I just like them.

http://www.zimbio.com/pictures/tChl0UmyRWM/World+Golf+Championships+Accenture+Match+Play/qpG0C9_btDn/Hunter+Mahan

I'm not a fashionista, so I might look like a tool, but oh well. Now, back to the tournament . . .

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

For what it's worth, I'm all for seeing more non-standard headwear on tour. We're so used to everyone wearing caps and visors, it's shocking to see anything different. I say yes to ivy caps, fedoras, pork pies, buckets, Stetsons, and any other type of hat you could think of.

Yes! Pork pies and stetsons!!!!! I wish someone wore a Stetson....and a Canadian tuxedo! Thats blue jeans with a Jean shirt if didn't know. Ha ha! And yes, let's get back to golf.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chilli Dipper

Yes! Pork pies and stetsons!!!!! I wish someone wore a Stetson....and a Canadian tuxedo! Thats blue jeans with a Jean shirt if didn't know. Ha ha!

And yes, let's get back to golf.

Wrong - it's blue jeans with a jean jacket . Very popular in the 1980s.

Would go well with a Stetson and this golf shirt . . . .

2012-02-22T171159Z_01_MAR109_RTRIDSP_3_GOLF-PGA-MATCHPLAY.jpg

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

As a cricket hat wearer, I endorse this thread.

Go Westie!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Apparently, there's a wolfman on the first tee.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Wrong - it's blue jeans with a jean jacket . Very popular in the 1980s.

Would go well with a Stetson and this golf shirt . . .

2012-02-22T171159Z_01_MAR109_RTRIDSP_3_GOLF-PGA-MATCHPLAY.jpg

Ha ha. That's right! Oh they have made a comeback in the hipster community a few years ago. Urban cowboys...a bunch of travolta's strutting around town. And way to touch on two posts in one pic. Painters hats and Canadian tuxedos

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I'm glad the golf community is finally embracing a little personal expression. We can't all wear slacks, polos, and perfectly curved golf hats.

I'd like to see Mcilroy vs. Mahan in the final match.

I like Ishikawa's outfit, but would like to see a string tie in there too, and some snakeskin boots.

In fact, just about anything instead of what Furyk (the worst dressed golfer on the planet) wears and what McIlroy (the second worst dressed golfer on the planet) usually wears.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Apparently, there's a wolfman on the first tee.

?????

I like Ishikawa's outfit, but would like to see a string tie in there too, and some snakeskin boots.

In fact, just about anything instead of what Furyk (the worst dressed golfer on the planet) wears and what McIlroy (the second worst dressed golfer on the planet) usually wears.

Haha! Mcilroy doesn't look too bad today...kept it simple. Furyk on the other hand...he looks like his mom should dress him. Remember when he used to wear those button up golf shirts?

I love the idiot screaming get in the hole every time anyone hits just to get on tv. He just yelled it twice when mcilroy hit and his ball went in the water. Although I may have been guilty of yelling "it's in the hole, Freddie" once or twice in my younger years. I also gave stewart cink a "hey stew, rents due mutha....." from Coming to America as he was walking to 18 tee at Harbour town. He actually stopped, laughed and said "I love that movie". He birdied 18 so maybe I loosened him up a bit...he was way out of the tourney by then. It was sunday and My father in law had passes to the 17th hole corporate booze festival....so by Sunday afternoon I had developed a bit of an alter ego. Ha ha. Not proud of this but it was fun as hell

Ha ha! Kuchar has a sense of humor!!! "the only thing that would make me feel better is if I could just get a good square punch in the back of nick faldo's neck!!! Ha ha ha. Way to go Kuchar! He just went way up the list for me

What's the deal with Kuchar wanting to punch Faldo?

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

What's the deal with Kuchar wanting to punch Faldo?

Faldo has been very vocal about banning the belly putter. It definitely didn't help Matt today. Kuch was obviously kidding

I realized it was a joke, but I didn't' know faldo was particularly vocal.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Note: This thread is 4413 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!