IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by binga7

When do you think the game will change names, like Rory McIllroy pga tour, or Rickie Fowler pga tour? Has been tigers game for so long, but eventually they'll have to change it.

P.S. Im not a tiger hater either.

Simply it never will.

"Tiger Woods PGA Tour" is a specific franchise name much like "Tomb Raider" or "Madden NFL". If EA follow the pattern used by the Madden series even when TW retires (as Madden did) they'll keep paying him to use his name for their franchise.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

I can not wait for the next gen consoles.

Graphics are starting to look silly on these ones.

I bought Tiger Woods 12' - because of The Masters content - but I think I'll skip this version.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

If you get Kinect for xbox, you can actually swing and play instead of using a controller.  I saw Gary and Erik on the Morning Drive do this one day.  It looked pretty sweet, and decently accurate.

Tiger90

Simply it never will. "Tiger Woods PGA Tour" is a specific franchise name much like "Tomb Raider" or "Madden NFL". If EA follow the pattern used by the Madden series even when TW retires (as Madden did) they'll keep paying him to use his name for their franchise.

I have to agree with this. Especially since people are always going to know who Tiger Woods was. Think of it this was: setting aside the time at which video games were invented, a game today named "Arnold Palmer's PGA Tour" that's been going on for 40 years would still work. Look how well his lemonade/iced tea sells. [quote name="Kieran123" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/18#post_681985"] I can not wait for the next gen consoles. Graphics are starting to look silly on these ones. I bought Tiger Woods 12' - because of The Masters content - but I think I'll skip this version. [/quote] The only problem is that, if we use the 2006-2008 versions EA Sports games on the current generations of consoles as an example, it could be a few years before the developers get it together. [quote name="Tiger90" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/18#post_681999"] If you get Kinect for xbox, you can actually swing and play instead of using a controller.  I saw Gary and Erik on the Morning Drive do this one day.  It looked pretty sweet, and decently accurate. [/quote] I'm not so sure that, for this game, the Kinect will be any better than the Move or Wii. It seems like swinging a controller would feel less strange than just swinging your hands.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by binga7

When do you think the game will change names, like Rory McIllroy pga tour, or Rickie Fowler pga tour? Has been tigers game for so long, but eventually they'll have to change it.

P.S. Im not a tiger hater either.

I would say not anytime soon.  Tiger's name still has a ton of marketing power.  If you dont follow the PGA Tour, chances are you dont even know who McIlroy or Fowler are.  Why do we even need someone's name on the game?  Why not just, "PGA Tour"?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I think that's kind of the direction they're headed. The Masters was the main selling point for last years game. TWPGA12_Boxart.jpg

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I would say not anytime soon.  Tiger's name still has a ton of marketing power.  If you dont follow the PGA Tour, chances are you dont even know who McIlroy or Fowler are.  Why do we even need someone's name on the game?  Why not just, "PGA Tour"?

Originally Posted by Kieran123

I can not wait for the next gen consoles.

Graphics are starting to look silly on these ones.

I bought Tiger Woods 12' - because of The Masters content - but I think I'll skip this version.

I have a friend works for Sony Computer Entertainment America who was telling me that the next gen Playstation won't be leaps and bounds above the PS3. He said the PS3 never reached it's full potential so a lot of what they intended the PS3 to do will be moved to the next gen. He said the next xbox will probably be quite a bit better than the xbox 360 plus he said that should drive most developers to push their game engines up a notch. He also said the PS will be the last to introduce their next gen system probably 2014 because the PS3 will be able to handle better game engines created for the other new consoles.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I have a friend works for Sony Computer Entertainment America who was telling me that the next gen Playstation won't be leaps and bounds above the PS3. He said the PS3 never reached it's full potential so a lot of what they intended the PS3 to do will be moved to the next gen. He said the next xbox will probably be quite a bit better than the xbox 360 plus he said that should drive most developers to push their game engines up a notch. He also said the PS will be the last to introduce their next gen system probably 2014 because the PS3 will be able to handle better game engines created for the other new consoles.

The next Playstation is likely to be a fair way ahead of the current one to be fair. Look at the hardware inside a Playstation in comparison to what's available out there right now and just in terms of what will be inside it's a leap ahead. Couple that with the leaps that Sony tend to make between consoles and the fact that Sony hold themselves in very high regard and they won't be releasing anything that won't be impressive. I do agree though that some of the technology intended for the PS3 will be moved up to the next PS providing they haven't surpassed the tech with something better.

XBox is (currently at least) just a PC in a console shell, albeit a PC that's a year or so behind the current hardware available at release date so it stands to reason the XBox will be a big powerful beast of a machine too. The other benefit MS have over Sony is that when you've developing for XBox it's far easier to port games. I'd expect a bigger initial gamut of games at release.

Engines are based solely on the title/franchise budget and using the newest engine possible for the cheapest price. There have been so many games I've worked on where the engine was quite simply appalling and yet it was still used because there was no budget for an engine re-write or new purchase. Engines written by specific engine developers will come along nicely however; things like Euclideon will hopefully become a reality:

http://youtu.be/00gAbgBu8R4

Also bear in mind that when any new machine comes out it takes years before anything that uses the machine's full capabilities can be released as there's always a massive lead time on games and the dev boxes normally aren't released until a few months before proper release and only to the chosen development houses who are making release titles. PS3 has only just started being used to it's full capacity over the last few years.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by Tiger90

If you get Kinect for xbox, you can actually swing and play instead of using a controller.  I saw Gary and Erik on the Morning Drive do this one day.  It looked pretty sweet, and decently accurate.

the chicken stick isnow available for the ps3 move. puts a real grip and shaft in your hands with the controller at the far end to simulate club weight. with wii this isgreat, simulates swing path and face angle at impact. if you are square and in to out, pushdraw. out to in, pull fade and so on.the kinect doesnt have any sensors that can detect these subtle movements, so i doubt its simulation will ever top the wii versions or the move one. 13 is not even coming out for wii however. so while you can swing a real golf club, you might as well be swinging a wooden dowel for kinect, same result

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I don't believe that.

There are exclusive PS3 games that still use dated graphics. Why would they not maximise the potential of the PS3? That would be a major selling point.

The PS3 has dated hardware in it. G70 video architecture. It's old. It's hardly better than the XBOX 360s. By hardly, I mean negligible. ie. the PS3 will not be able to handle new games.

The Cell chip that is in PS3 hasn't been touched by developers, the problem lies in the rest of the components (GPU, RAM, etc). Sony could easily still use the Cell in the next PlayStation and be fine, its the other pieces of hardware and how they manage their RAM allocations (currently it is severely limited in PS3 - 256mb cap while 360 has 512mb dynamic). This is why XMB slows to a crawl during games and why we cannot get party chat in XMB.

As for waiting for next-gen, keep in mind the first year or two of EA Sports games on the current-gen stuff was a disaster. Maybe they learned from it but this IS EA we are talking about. I'd go so far as to buy the game for PS3/360 even if a next-gen title is available, for the first year anyway.

And as for Tiger '13. I'm really looking forward to it but mainly for the social stuff - i.e. online country clubs. Definitely will use Move with the golf club attachment. Still debating on whether to get the Master's Collection, which has the Par 3 course and practice range and some other Augusta items. I'm fortunate enough to be heading to the Par 3 Wednesday this year so it would be cool to be able to play what I see.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Originally Posted by MiniBlueDragon

The next Playstation is likely to be a fair way ahead of the current one to be fair. Look at the hardware inside a Playstation in comparison to what's available out there right now and just in terms of what will be inside it's a leap ahead. Couple that with the leaps that Sony tend to make between consoles and the fact that Sony hold themselves in very high regard and they won't be releasing anything that won't be impressive. I do agree though that some of the technology intended for the PS3 will be moved up to the next PS providing they haven't surpassed the tech with something better.

Not to mention that the new CEO of Sony has vowed to return the company to the market dominance that it enjoyed in the past.  I expect nothing less than the PS4 being the best game system on the market when it comes out.  Just look at what theyve done with the PlayStation Vita.  It completely blows every every other handheld system on the market!

• Upvote 1

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Not to mention that the new CEO of Sony has vowed to return the company to the market dominance that it enjoyed in the past.  I expect nothing less than the PS4 being the best game system on the market when it comes out.  Just look at what theyve done with the PlayStation Vita.  It completely blows every every other handheld system on the market!

What competition does Vita have? If you're talking the Nintendo 3DS - it's a year late and well behind. If you're talking smartphones - it will never ever compete with smartphone gaming.

It's fast and very impressive and the best handheld system out, but only in terms of performance/graphics.

And consumer numbers is what wins.

The best gaming system on the market, in my opinion, is the PC. But it's not 'dedicated' so it doesn't really count ( but XBOX/PS are now becoming more like HTPCS than just gaming consoles, so it's vague )

XBOX720 ( ? )/PS4 will both share the market like they are right now.

Originally Posted by Kieran123

What competition does Vita have? If you're talking the Nintendo 3DS - it's a year late and well behind. If you're talking smartphones - it will never ever compete with smartphone gaming.

It's fast and very impressive and the best handheld system out, but only in terms of performance/graphics.

And consumer numbers is what wins.

The best gaming system on the market, in my opinion, is the PC. But it's not 'dedicated' so it doesn't really count ( but XBOX/PS are now becoming more like HTPCS than just gaming consoles, so it's vague )

XBOX720 ( ? )/PS4 will both share the market like they are right now.

Exactly my point.  There is nothing that compares to the Vita.  The 3DS is cool but its a kid's system.  Just like everything else Nintendo, the graphics are cartoony and the games are childish.

• Administrator

Exactly my point.  There is nothing that compares to the Vita.  The 3DS is cool but its a kid's system.  Just like everything else Nintendo, the graphics are cartoony and the games are childish.

I think you missed his point, but this isn't the thread for that. It's called "Tiger Woods PGA '13" after all.

I'm hiding this text because it's off topic, and I didn't want to delete my post, so it's just being made white. If you'd like to respond, please feel free - just not in this thread. Start a new thread in the Grill Room or something, please.

This isn't the thread for this, but I get some liberties since it's my site, so I'm just pointing out that you seem to be very prone to a weird sort of fanboyism. You registered with your username because Titleist stuff was the bomb diggity and everything else was crap. Then you switched to Mizuno fanboyism, and everything else is garbage. Now we see that the Vita is the bee's knees and everything else is crap.

I know a lot of adults who play on a Nintendo DS (as well as some kids). I know a heck of a lot more adults who play games on their smart phones. I used to be Editor in Chief of a gaming e-zine with a few million dollars in revenue per year. The target market for dedicated gaming platforms is and perhaps always will be the pre-teen to teen. The commercial about "never be late for work because of gaming again!" applies only to those who still work at a fast food restaurant, by and large. There are a LOT of casual gamers out there, you bet. They don't buy dedicated handheld systems. They buy an Xbox for their kids and occasionally play it.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Be honest, who here's played Mario Golf for N64? I still play it from time to time, it's pretty darn good.

I just played the GameCube one yesterday.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I think the kinect version will be good, I love playing TW 12 on wii, but the graphics are horrible.

Still dreaming for the day when I can have a golf simulator in my shed.

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!