IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So the DEMO version of PGA TOUR13 was just released on March 6th. I am not really that much of video game guy, but as a golf enthusiast (thats what I call my addiction) I have been a big fan of all the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR games since I was in High School. I buy 1-2 video games a year and this has always been one that I looked forward to the most. I have never downloaded a demo before but had nothing to do tonight so I gave it a try. Though it took like 2 hours to finally download to my xbox360, I am glad it did because I feel this is going to be the best yet by far. So If you have the time, and can't wait to try it out I definitely recommend trying it out before you buy. A few of the most noticeable changes that I noticed from previous years include: 1. Tiger Woods no longer has the ugly Hank Haney Swing ( FOLEY SWING w/ good knee) 2. All golfers have improved ability where as in the past Tiger was leaps and bounds better and longer than the rest of the players. Plus the other players swings are much more realistic...whereas they used to have a stock swing. 3. Ability to move ball up and back in stance to control trajectory...this makes shots from the sand and rough so real. In the past it was just too easy. 4. Ability to change stance to curve the ball in either direction. 5. Hybrid clubs that they never had...not sure why that took so long 6. Tiger Legacy Mode where you can play as Tiger as a little kid and watch him progress into current day Tiger. Curious how this will work but still might be fun. 7. Tons of new courses such as Kiawah Island Ocean Course 8. New Caddy mode that allows you use him as you want...it got kinda annoying last year. 9. You can change view before swinging at almost every angle....so you can swing with a side, above, behind whatever. This prevents blocked views when you are by a tree and makes that half shots easier to execute. Also contributes to it being more realistic. 10. New putting style that really can't be explained but it is definitely more realistic in my opinion. No more big putting wheel where you tap it three times. 11. More equipment than before...R11 and so on. 12. Swing execution is based not only on swing plane but on tempo...so if you bring it back really fast with the joystick or hold it at the top too long it will cause hooks etc. These are just a few of the improvements that I gathered from playing the demo version a few times, but I know there are tons more. Naturally they limit how much you get in the demo version... They only let you play three holes at Kiawah or three holes at Augusta but it still gives you a good idea of what is to come. They also preview a lot of the other options that it offers. The game is released on March 28th and I know I am going to buy it as usual. My wife is so excited!! ;-) So If you get a chance, download the Demo and let me know your thoughts. It has received mixed reviews that I have read so far, but I noticed that most of these mixed reviews were from people who judged before figuring everything out. Most retracted their statements. Anyway, I think it is THE most realistic golf video game by far. I hope to hear your thoughts. Now back to playing those 6 holes over and over again. Some call it OCD but at least I'm not addicted to drugs...just golf and golf video games...that is my defense to my wife and I am sticking to it! Rather me go to a bar with my buddies and play Golden Tee or spend time with you watching me win the Masters? ha ha! Enjoy!
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Thanks for letting me know the demo is out. I started a thread about the game coming out, but hadn't thought about the demo possibly being out. I downloaded '12's demo last year, so I dunno how this slipped my mind. Sounds like a promising game.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

So the DEMO version of PGA TOUR13 was just released on March 6th. I am not really that much of video game guy, but as a golf enthusiast (thats what I call my addiction) I have been a big fan of all the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR games since I was in High School. I buy 1-2 video games a year and this has always been one that I looked forward to the most. I have never downloaded a demo before but had nothing to do tonight so I gave it a try. Though it took like 2 hours to finally download to my xbox360, I am glad it did because I feel this is going to be the best yet by far. So If you have the time, and can't wait to try it out I definitely recommend trying it out before you buy.

A few of the most noticeable changes that I noticed from previous years include:

1. Tiger Woods no longer has the ugly Hank Haney Swing ( FOLEY SWING w/ good knee)

2. All golfers have improved ability where as in the past Tiger was leaps and bounds better and longer than the rest of the players. Plus the other players swings are much more realistic...whereas they used to have a stock swing.

3. Ability to move ball up and back in stance to control trajectory...this makes shots from the sand and rough so real. In the past it was just too easy.

4. Ability to change stance to curve the ball in either direction.

5. Hybrid clubs that they never had...not sure why that took so long

6. Tiger Legacy Mode where you can play as Tiger as a little kid and watch him progress into current day Tiger. Curious how this will work but still might be fun.

7. Tons of new courses such as Kiawah Island Ocean Course

8. New Caddy mode that allows you use him as you want...it got kinda annoying last year.

9. You can change view before swinging at almost every angle....so you can swing with a side, above, behind whatever. This prevents blocked views when you are by a tree and makes that half shots easier to execute. Also contributes to it being more realistic.

10. New putting style that really can't be explained but it is definitely more realistic in my opinion. No more big putting wheel where you tap it three times.

11. More equipment than before...R11 and so on.

12. Swing execution is based not only on swing plane but on tempo...so if you bring it back really fast with the joystick or hold it at the top too long it will cause hooks etc.

These are just a few of the improvements that I gathered from playing the demo version a few times, but I know there are tons more. Naturally they limit how much you get in the demo version... They only let you play three holes at Kiawah or three holes at Augusta but it still gives you a good idea of what is to come. They also preview a lot of the other options that it offers. The game is released on March 28th and I know I am going to buy it as usual. My wife is so excited!!

So If you get a chance, download the Demo and let me know your thoughts. It has received mixed reviews that I have read so far, but I noticed that most of these mixed reviews were from people who judged before figuring everything out. Most retracted their statements. Anyway, I think it is THE most realistic golf video game by far. I hope to hear your thoughts. Now back to playing those 6 holes over and over again. Some call it OCD but at least I'm not addicted to drugs...just golf and golf video games...that is my defense to my wife and I am sticking to it! Rather me go to a bar with my buddies and play Golden Tee or spend time with you watching me win the Masters? ha ha! Enjoy!

I checked it out the other night and it looks pretty good. I'm curious how well the online country club features will work. Sounds like a TST club is in order.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Yeah, I am playing it on the hardest difficulty right now. I could definitely play better in real life than in a video game. I can't wait to play the real thing. And lets definitely get TST country club. That way we can get all the courses faster, I think...I believe the more people you have the easier it is to get the new courses. Something about gaining coins. I'll look it up after I'm done playing a few holes.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I don't get how to judge chipping....is it really just by feel? Its like you will have to spend time on the range to figure it out? I wonder if they will have a short game area at the country club? ha ha

So seriously, how do you chip? I hand't missed a green until i turned up the difficulty and now I keep chipping it back and forth across the green. Its impossible to take a short stroke

The one time I've chipped so far, it was pretty straightforward and didn't seem tricky, at all.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Originally Posted by Paradox

The one time I've chipped so far, it was pretty straightforward and didn't seem tricky, at all

I figured it out right after I posted...I had it on pitch.  Just had a brain fart

I got it the other day. Kiawah looks gorgeous, but I was a little disappointed to see that the putting was changed yet again.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I got it the other day. Kiawah looks gorgeous, but I was a little disappointed to see that the putting was changed yet again.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the rest of Kiawah! I can't wait until I get to see it in real life this August. That's what I loved about last years game. they had AAC so when I went to the PGA I was remembered all the holes. My wife was like "how do you know all this" and when I told her why she said "you are such a dork" ha ha The putting is a little weird...so touchy. You can kinda cheat it if you bring it back really slow until it gets to the line and then quickly press forward. Its also easier if you change the view to the side where you see the head on. Otherwise, its tough to gauge speed.

Yeah, I can't wait to see the rest of Kiawah! I can't wait until I get to see it in real life this August. That's what I loved about last years game. they had AAC so when I went to the PGA I was remembered all the holes. My wife was like "how do you know all this" and when I told her why she said "you are such a dork" ha ha The putting is a little weird...so touchy. You can kinda cheat it if you bring it back really slow until it gets to the line and then quickly press forward. Its also easier if you change the view to the side where you see the head on. Otherwise, its tough to gauge speed.

I got last year's version of the game right when it came out, so I had it for a few weeks before The Masters. It was pretty cool knowing exactly what the holes looked like. I've been toying with the putting, but I haven't quite gotten it down yet. It's usually that way every year though. I wish they would find something good and stick with it or give you the ability to choose which style you want.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• 2 weeks later...
For those interested, I already created an online country club called "The Sand Trap CC" for when the game is released. The logo (the selection was limited, and hardly any of them were actually golf-related) is flaming golf balls, and I tried to get the colors as close to the TST ones as possible.

In my bag:

The only motion golf game I've played is wii golf, but that's hardly trying to replicate a real swing.  How close are the swing physics on this game or last years version?  Is anyone worried about messing up their real swing by playing too much TW or could it actually help you fix swing flaws?

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Umm unless you are swinging a real club (or a chicken stick) then no video game is going to get even close. At least Wii read swing path and face angle at impact. I think that is about as good as you are going to get short of a radar.

Originally Posted by RichWW2

The only motion golf game I've played is wii golf, but that's hardly trying to replicate a real swing.  How close are the swing physics on this game or last years version?  Is anyone worried about messing up their real swing by playing too much TW or could it actually help you fix swing flaws?

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Umm unless you are swinging a real club (or a chicken stick) then no video game is going to get even close. At least Wii read swing path and face angle at impact. I think that is about as good as you are going to get short of a radar.

Yup, if you really want to work on your swing youd be better off to buy an Optishot.  At the end of the day, TW 13 is just a video game and they arent going to make it just like the real thing because then the average person who doesnt golf couldnt enjoy playing it.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I like the TW games and usually I get them every year but I ALWAYS use a regular controller and not the PS move. I'm so afraid swinging the move controller will screw up my golf swing I've never even tried it. PARANOID

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

I like the TW games and usually I get them every year but I ALWAYS use a regular controller and not the PS move. I'm so afraid swinging the move controller will screw up my golf swing I've never even tried it. PARANOID

Can you even play this year's version with just the controller?

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Note: This thread is 4274 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!