IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yes, it's pretty fun. [quote name="TitleistWI" url="/t/55815/tiger-woods-pga-13/36#post_691532"]

Can you even play this year's version with just the controller?

[/quote]

I pre-ordered the master's edition at gamestop yesterday. It comes with 6 extra courses, so easily worth the extra $10. From watching some of the demo video's on youtube along with EA's own demo's, this looks like the best version yet. The last few versions have been essentially the same game with a few small changes here and there. The only reason I bought last year's was for Augusta. Otherwise, I would have skipped it.

The guy's at EA seemed to listen to the people in their forums and made a lot of changes that were suggested. The new swing style looks really awesome. I hope they kept the expert style putting stroke from previous versions that doesn't have any visual meters. Can't wait till Tuesday!

I tell myself every year that Im not going to buy it, but I always do. This year will be no different Im sure.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I pre-ordered the master's edition at gamestop yesterday. It comes with 6 extra courses, so easily worth the extra $10. From watching some of the demo video's on youtube along with EA's own demo's, this looks like the best version yet. The last few versions have been essentially the same game with a few small changes here and there. The only reason I bought last year's was for Augusta. Otherwise, I would have skipped it. The guy's at EA seemed to listen to the people in their forums and made a lot of changes that were suggested. The new swing style looks really awesome. I hope they kept the expert style putting stroke from previous versions that doesn't have any visual meters. Can't wait till Tuesday!

I too pre-ordered the collector's edition, which is available on Xbox 360 this year, as opposed to last year when it was only on PS3. Still kind of pissed that if you want all of the courses, you're out something like $100.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How can you putt without the meter? I've tried, but find it impossible. The little joystick on the controller is so small, so the room for error is miniscule. I like to turn off as many visual aids and spin control and all that, but I'd shoot 100 without the putting meter. I could shoot lower in real life haha

Originally Posted by anthony

I pre-ordered the master's edition at gamestop yesterday. It comes with 6 extra courses, so easily worth the extra $10. From watching some of the demo video's on youtube along with EA's own demo's, this looks like the best version yet. The last few versions have been essentially the same game with a few small changes here and there. The only reason I bought last year's was for Augusta. Otherwise, I would have skipped it.

The guy's at EA seemed to listen to the people in their forums and made a lot of changes that were suggested. The new swing style looks really awesome. I hope they kept the expert style putting stroke from previous versions that doesn't have any visual meters. Can't wait till Tuesday!

Well, on the hardest mode, it's the only option. I've used that method for most versions of the game and prefer it to the meter. As I recall, TW 2012 had that annoying circle to tell you where to aim. That would drive me up a wall to use.

I'm playing on Xbox btw. Perhaps it's different on playstation.

It's the same, I just can't do it. I blow putts 50 feet by the hole when I don't have the meter. I have no way of knowing how far back I'm taking the putter.

Well, on the hardest mode, it's the only option. I've used that method for most versions of the game and prefer it to the meter. As I recall, TW 2012 had that annoying circle to tell you where to aim. That would drive me up a wall to use.

Ah yes the "green circle of lies" I swear I would only make like 1 out of 3 putts using that circle. I'm not sad it's gone...

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Is everyone on Xbox or PS3 for this?  I'd like to join a TST Country Club, but I'm only on PS3 these days the little bit that I get on.  I still have a challenge on the hardest level on last years TW with the putting, there's gotta be a way to improve it.

Is everyone on Xbox or PS3 for this?  I'd like to join a TST Country Club, but I'm only on PS3 these days the little bit that I get on.  I still have a challenge on the hardest level on last years TW with the putting, there's gotta be a way to improve it.

I started an online country club on EA Sports' website (pretty sure it's cross-platform, I'm not positive), it's called "The Sand Trap CC." I would have spelled out country club, but I ran out of letters, and the logo is dumb but it's one of the few golf-related ones they had, and I tried to get the colors at least close.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/122/1221576p1.html The review of Tiger 13 on IGN. Not very good, but I suspect the reviewer isn't an avid golfer and likely looks at it differently than we would. It's kind of like NASCAR games, I always enjoy them and the reviewers always seem to think they suck. One concern I do have is how so many of the courses are locked, and you can't even buy them as DLC. I suspect they'll add that ability in the future, because what company doesn't like more money. That said, I'm glad to see joining an online CC will help make that progression faster. Looking forward to getting this today and hopping online.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

Most of the complaints about the new "Total Swing Control" is what's going to make this game so awesome. I guess if you don't know anything about golf and bought the game, you might be at a disadvantage (which this reviewer appears to be). But, I think most of the people who buy this game are golfers and will enjoy the control. This version has addressed to much that the people who buy the game every year have been looking for.

2.5 hours until I go pickup my copy.

Here is another review, giving the game a lot more credit.

http://thecontrolleronline.com/2012/03/tiger-woods-pga-tour-13-review/

Just picked up the game about 30 minutes ago, someone should start a new thread so we can get a TST Country Club going. The Country Club feature seems pretty neat.

Note: This thread is 4294 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!