IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Here is the idiot question of the week....

How do you select shot type?

Originally Posted by Paradox

I don't know if they have changed chipping since the demo but I have no problems with it at all.. its a very short swing and I don't fly the ball over the green.  Are you moving the shot stick back slower??  I just move the stick slower and hardly ever take it to the line marking for my selected target distance.

I've played bump and runs with 8 irons, chipped with the 60, used the PW, and have no problems with any of them.

I select "chip" as the shot type...move my target to where I want to land, then make a more deliberate swing and it works.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I had to share a moment from last night which made me love the game:

I won 3 nationwide tournaments in a row, got the PGA invite but declined because I still have to improve my skills. The next one I'm up and down the leaderboard, but find myself 1 shot behind the leader with 3 holes to play on the final round.....

I get a 12 on the next hole, literally said "shot limit has exceeded". I think I 9 putted or something.

Now I know how charlie Wi felt....

Originally Posted by Jonnydanger81

Put up the first tournament on the PS3 Sand Trap CC.  I've only played 2 rounds total so far, so I'm not too sure on how a lot of it works but we'll figure it out along the way.

Geez, I tried to play in one of our club tourneys and the thing is set up without the grid. It is next to impossible to read the greens. Can you put the grid back? I am fine with no spin on the golfball but putting is atrocious...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Yeah, sorry about that.  I didn't know they were so many options.  You can press Triangle to get the caddie's read of the green and they do a pretty good job of pointing you in the right direction.  I played it with my character who is horrible and was right around even par.  I'll either change that one or set up another one that is more user friendly.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Here is the idiot question of the week....

How do you select shot type?

on the 360, it is the x button...I would assume the square button on PS3.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

Won the nationwide championship yesterday, and joined the PGA tour. I think the greens are set faster for the PGA, makes the game much more interesting.

Also spend about 10 bucks of xbox points on all new clubs (couldn't help myself).

Is anyone arranging tournaments on the xbox CC?

There's currently a tournament on the Xbox CC that I believe starts today.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

There's currently a tournament on the Xbox CC that I believe starts today.

Yup. I believe they're created automatically.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

On PS3 the club leader, or Admin (up to 5 per club) can set up tournies.  I set one up but rushed through it and it's kind of a sucky tournament.  Lots of options to select.  I'll set up an Augusta one on PS3 this week.

Anyone play this yet? How is the scoring going?

Originally Posted by jamo

Yup. I believe they're created automatically.

Anyone play this yet? How is the scoring going?

Not sure if anyone has played the other one yet, but I just set up another tournament. It's at Augusta, and in honor of Masters week and made the set-up fairly difficult (but not all the way up since we're all new to this year's game). This is on Xbox, BTW.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'll make a point to play one of those CC tournaments tonight. Watch out! :)

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I'm gonna try and play a round in cc tourney right now. BOB LOBLAW1 coming to get ya!:-O
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I love how once you play the masters after winning us am that your first tourney after turning pro is tpc San antonio, a course thaT doesn't even come with the game. Way to try and dip into my pockets right off the bat, EASPORTS! At least you can the change course if you don't haVe the one being played.
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Jamo must have bought the collectors edition and has been taking advantage of the state of the art practice facilities at Augusta! -15?

Ahhhh....it was after two rounds...but -12 in round 2 is pretty impressive. Did you stay late after round 1 to work some stuff out on the range? Ha ha:-D

I opened with an 81, but managed a 68 this morning for the 2nd round.

I can't understand how people are going so low with their custom golfers, have you guys played so much already to damn near max out your skills?

Interesting greens play, much hard to put without the graph, although sinking a longer putt is a lot more satisfying. I holed out twice in the 2nd round from off the green!

Jamo must have bought the collectors edition and has been taking advantage of the state of the art practice facilities at Augusta! -15?

FWIW, I was playing as Tiger. Everyone else should also (though maybe we should keep that for this tourney only, and now I feel guilty so Ii'll play the last two rounds with my guy). After the first round I finally got the hang of putting without the grid lines. So yeah, play with one of the pros for this tournament so I don't feel like a total dick. :-)

In my bag:

Note: This thread is 4298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!