IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

this news just made my day haha

But I wonder if the tournament leader is also playing as a pro....

putting without the grid is interesting, although you cannot really read the greens at all, without the putt preview it would be a random guess everytime

Originally Posted by jamo

FWIW, I was playing as Tiger. Everyone else should also (though maybe we should keep that for this tourney only, and now I feel guilty so Ii'll play the last two rounds with my guy).

After the first round I finally got the hang of putting without the grid lines.

So yeah, play with one of the pros for this tournament so I don't feel like a total dick.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In Road to the Tour mode I just played the 12th at Augusta. The wind is 20 MPH and the dial indicator is just spinning around and around. But I'm about to win The Masters as an amateur. Bobby Jones would be proud.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

IDK if the other PS3 guys are using the move controllers but mine sux for the game. Mine results in a duck hook every time. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, does your guy look like this from the PS eye?

share.jpg

It doesn't even slightly look like me...let alone the horrible blemishes...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

FWIW, I was playing as Tiger. Everyone else should also (though maybe we should keep that for this tourney only, and now I feel guilty so Ii'll play the last two rounds with my guy). After the first round I finally got the hang of putting without the grid lines. So yeah, play with one of the pros for this tournament so I don't feel like a total dick. :-)

I was playing with Tiger too

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Loving this game..on the road right now so unable to join the country club.  Started as an amateur and won 2 tourneys pretty easily....played the Masters and had a solid 1st round and shot a 70 (-2) and was T-3....2nd round....shot a 78..Yikers.....Guess I missed the cut.  On the Nationwide tour now...looking forward to dominating :)

Valley, I'm not using the Move controller but I did try to import my face and it looked more like a zombie than it looked like me.  I got a similar thing with the blemishes because of the shading in the picture.

In The Road I think I won 2 out of 3 of the amateur events then went to the Masters and played the first round at +4.  It's pretty hard on Tour Pro with hardly any power or spin on the ball and crappy clubs.  No matter what I do I always swing slow too.  I've got the backswing tempo down but it still says I'm always slow.

Also, I'll make everyone in the PS3 country club an Admin or whatever so everyone can set up tournaments and such.

not sure why that happens, I had the same thing happen and I uploaded pictures right onto ea.com. Everyone looks like a mild Freddy Krueger.

Originally Posted by Valleygolfer

IDK if the other PS3 guys are using the move controllers but mine sux for the game. Mine results in a duck hook every time. Anyone else have this problem?

Also, does your guy look like this from the PS eye?

It doesn't even slightly look like me...let alone the horrible blemishes...

I got it for xbox, I like it more than last years version. Do you guys have a country club for xbox? I just joined the pga tour, I dominated the nationwide tour pretty easily.

I got it for xbox, I like it more than last years version. Do you guys have a country club for xbox? I just joined the pga tour, I dominated the nationwide tour pretty easily.

We do. "The Sand Trap CC."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just accomplished two things that I never knew where possible... First, there was a glitch in my game or my controller was stuck and kept making my strike meter move up without me touching anything...I swung and missed 4 times!..then it made me skull a ball into the water. Hence going -8, -9, +2 in my first three rounds. TOTAL BULLSH#T! Although, I know that swinging and missing is actually not just a glitch though because it unlocked an achievement when I did it. Next, I skipped a ball across the water on 15!! Total accident but I hit one short, obviously, and it skipped twice and ran up onto the green. Didn't hit the putt but it was still pretty cool. Didn't even know it was possible
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Made a run at you, Jamo! I was left a 5 or 6 just a millimeter short...I actually thought I was going to pull it off at first. Anyone else seeing glitches in your game? The commentators in my game always start stuttering and every once in a while things will happen like hitting a PW 200+ yards and obviously out of bounds. This always happens when you buy the first run of new games...especially with Tiger.

Made a run at you, Jamo! I was left a 5 or 6 just a millimeter short...I actually thought I was going to pull it off at first. Anyone else seeing glitches in your game? The commentators in my game always start stuttering and every once in a while things will happen like hitting a PW 200+ yards and obviously out of bounds. This always happens when you buy the first run of new games...especially with Tiger.

I'd had a few odd things, but nothing like that. A few times the frame rate has dropped considerably right after i hit my drive (when I'm mashing the A button for spin), but they've had that issue for years. Actually, I've had at least a half-dozen shots where my guy can take his swing, but the camera is blocked so I can't see anything. I end up having to angle the shot way away from the pin so that i can see my player. That's really annoying. I seem to be chipping in wayyyy more in this year's game than ever before (or at least since like 2007 or something, I had one version a while ago that I would chip in like every other hole).

In my bag:

Game acting up?  Typical Xbox crap.  Just kidding.  I haven't seen anything yet on PS3 though.

You can change the angle of your player to see the swing meter.  For PS3 it's the R2 button.  It's for situations when you're blocked so you can still see what you're doing.

I've chipped in 4 or 5 times, at Augusta.  Everything seems to roll and roll and go in.  I hate the short pitching though.  Taking the club 75% of the way back is crap.  The swing feels way to long to produce a 12 yard chip/pitch.  I'm not a huge fan of the chipping either.

I just put a Masters Tournament up on PS3.  4 rounds, unlimited tries.  Put the green grid on, swing meter on, pin positions are Saturday, course plays fast, real time weather.  Should be running for the next 4 days.

are we going to have another tournament running concurrent with the real masters?

I had started a "weekly tournament" a few days ago, so the only thing I can start is a "daily tournament." It's up if you want to play in it.

In my bag:

Has anyone else noticed that putting through the fringe is like trying to putt through US Open rough? I mean you literally have to take a maximum swing or else the ball barely gets by the fringe. Doesn't seem accurate to real life.....

Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!