IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA '13

Jwat381
Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just picked up the game about 30 minutes ago, someone should start a new thread so we can get a TST Country Club going. The Country Club feature seems pretty neat.

I already did, it's called "The Sand Trap CC."

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oh, nice. Is this on the Xbox, PS3, or Wii. I bought it for Xbox.

Just kidding, saw the cross-platform post. Hopefully this is the case.

I'll search for it, after my photo game face is finished... it's taking forever -__-

Oh man, I did that photo face thing before.  I think I did a better job replicating my face on my own, and that thing took forever.  At one point it asked me to make a sandwich to kill time.

Originally Posted by Jonnydanger81

Oh man, I did that photo face thing before.  I think I did a better job replicating my face on my own, and that thing took forever.  At one point it asked me to make a sandwich to kill time.

Ha, yeah it took about 30 minutes for me and then spit out this creature that I sure as hell didn't recognize. I swear my guy looked like a burn victim...the skin complexion of the face didn't match that of the neck and was overall just awful. I don't know why, but I decide to be persistent and upload two higher quality pictures and am trying it again in hopes of it making something a little more realistic. If it doesn't work this time then I'll end up just trying to do it manually or making some random buff Hawaiian dude who rocks a mohawk and flip-flops. :)

Hoes does the CC thing work? Can we play at different times?  I think Im picking this up on the way home today

Yes, you can play at different times. Other than that I don't really know the specifics, my copy comes in on monday for some reason.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I joined the TST CC last night, looking forward to playing with you all online. The next thing I did was create my player and start a career. I played the first three events, shot 65 on the first two to win by 14 strokes each. I then played the Pebble Beach event. Winning it earned a spot in the Masters, finishing earned a spot on the Nationwide Tour. I was thinking this event would be just as easy as the first two qualifying events, and it was a lot tougher. Not only was the course more difficult, where I actually had to think about my second shot on most holes, but the wind made it much more difficult. I started out at +3 over the first 5 holes then finally got it together and ended up with a 66, thanks to an eagle chip on 18. Winning that event put me in the Masters, which I intend to dominate tonight. :) Overall, I really like it and I've only just begun. Looking forward to getting online with you all. Wouldn't it be nice if you could play as well on the course as you do in the game? :)

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

What level are you playing on? Are you a TW veteran? You seem to be doing very well to just have gotten game, almost too well.

I joined the sand trap CC as well, I guess that locks me into buying it on the way home....

I've played most of the TW games in the series.  At least IMO when you're on the hardest difficulty (Tour Pro I think?) the hardest thing to grasp is the putting because there is no meter, no line, nothing.  When the cup is on a sloped lie you can easily 4 putt trying to get it just right.  If you're shooting 65 on the top level then that's some good stuff.  I try to play that level but a lot of the times I'll end up making the cut and finishing towards the back becuse of a few 3 and 4 jacks on the greens.

What level are you playing on? Are you a TW veteran? You seem to be doing very well to just have gotten game, almost too well. I joined the sand trap CC as well, I guess that locks me into buying it on the way home....:-D

Haha, no, just playing on Pro (default) right now. I noticed our CC is set to Tour Pro, which I believe only takes away the spin feature while the ball is in the air compared to the Pro level. I suspect it makes the swing more sensitive as well, but it's pretty easy to keep the stick straight when pulling back and pressing forward, so I can't imagine it's that much more difficult. In the demo, I did try the highest difficulty (Tournament I believe) and it takes away everything, including the swing meter so you have to judge backswing completely on feel. No problem on drives and full shots, but makes the gap shots and short game much more difficult. I've never played a TW game before this one, but my son (4) and I played the hell out of the demo so I knew what to expect with the full game.

Driver: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 10.5* Woods: TaylorMade SuperFast 2.0 -- 3w 15*, 5w 18* Hybrid: TaylorMade Burner SuperFast 2.0 Rescue -- 4h 21* Irons: TaylorMade Burner Plus -- 5-AW Wedges: TaylorMade RAC -- 56.12, 60.07 Putter: TaylorMade Spider Ghost -- 35" Ball: It's complicated.

I got the game yesterday as well. The putting is touchy with the regular controller. You almost always go too far, I shot a 58 on the pro setting at Scottsdale. I just took some of the break out of the read to make up for the over speed. I picked up this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0057ETTZG/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

The pic looks kinda dumb and location of the controller is weird. I am going to pick up the move set up today or tomorrow to try it out on the game. I wanted something to keep me swing shape during the winter and this is cheaper than 9 holes of video golf once a week that doesn't cut it. I don't think the plastic would hold up to a violent swing and the placement was awkward for a good grip so I looped a wide loosish rubber band that allows normal grip and stretch-ability as not to break the trigger. At least I will be swinging a normal club with a normal grip.

I will keep you updated for game play and putting for those who care.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I got the game yesterday as well. The putting is touchy with the regular controller. You almost always go too far, I shot a 58 on the pro setting at Scottsdale. I just took some of the break out of the read to make up for the over speed.

Definitely noticed the same thing. I compensate my line and found that to help me sink many more putts.

I too found The Sand Trap CC and joined, hopefully I get a chance to play with some of you. On another note, I consider myself a veteran of Tiger Woods and I find this new swing mechanic extremely tough. I buy a new Tiger game every other year because I don't feel like they ever change enough to condone a purchase every year and I don't know if it's because I didn't play 2012 at all, but I find this game very difficult. I started my career on Tour Pro so I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but I ended up shooting +6 to earn a second place finish at the Midwest Classic (first tournament you play as an amateur). When playing on Tour Pro the window for a mishit seems to be pretty big and I found myself pushing just about every shot. Hopefully after a little more playtime I will start to get a better feel for the game, but as of now I'm struggling.

i shot 85 at Augusta on my first round for practice. now im -1 a few holes into the first am event i hate being so short with new custom golfers!

i shot 85 at Augusta on my first round for practice. now im -1 a few holes into the first am event i hate being so short with new custom golfers!

That's what always happens to me. I play a few rounds where I just can't get the ball near the hole, I'm chipping balls over greens, and I slice off the planet. Then, almost all of a sudden, it clicks. Happens almost every year.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I edited the options to where PGA events are only 2 rounds long and shot +11 in the first round of The Masters and ended up missing the cut by 8 strokes. :( I was then sent to the Nationwide tour...haha Tour Pro is tough and I'm terrible at putting. I hold The Sand Trap CC record for double bogeys in the Country Club stats. :(

Note: This thread is 4273 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!