IGNORED

Clicgear 3.0 PushCart

Note: This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey Fellas,

I am in the market for a pushcart.  I have been researching a few models (Sun Mountain, Bagboy, and caddytech) but it appears the clicgear is the grand daddy of them all.  If you have any experience with this model let me know and if you could post the pros and cons I would appreciate it.  Hit em straight!!!

Only con is price Pros Size Ease of roll Features Accessories I love mine.

"take a couple weeks off - then quit for good"

- X-460 Tour 10.5 Fujikura Stiff
- War Bird 15deg 3 Wood
- MX-23 Irons
- Vokey 52 + 55deg wedges
- 900 60deg Low Bounce - Studio Design 1.5 - Pro V1x - SG4Sun Mountain Carry and Great Divider Cart Bags.

I just had to go through this myself.  I'd purchased one of the TourTrek carts from Golfsmith about a year ago.  Last Saturday was making the turn and the rear tension cable snapped and the cart collapsed.  It didn't surprise me too much since I'd noticed the cable had begun to wear, but man, was hoping the cart would make it at least a year.  Guess that's what I get for spending $80 on it.

Anyways, after digging and digging, decided on the Clicgear.  Love the accessories, the one year warranty is good, and there are tons of replacement parts available from Clicgear if something does break.  I love that the drink holder goes on the side of the cart as apposed to the center console.  That was a pet peeve of mine with the old cart.  My bag always sat right in front of that slot, so couldn't really use it for anything.  I also wanted a cart that included an umbrella holder.  Playing in 100 degree weather with no umbrella sucks.

Carlos

Sun Mountain MicroCart here. I wanted a cart with tiny dimensions to fit into the car boot but also fancied trying a 4 wheel. Also came in at half the price of a CG. Very happy with my purchase indeed!

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Well gentlemen I ended up getting the clicgear on sale with delivery for $168.00.  This thing seems like its gonna last me a lifetime.  Very sturdy and is very easy to operate.  Now I need to get my wife one.  Thanks for all the feedback.

Ah nice!  Where did you find it?

Originally Posted by garvelink5

Well gentlemen I ended up getting the clicgear on sale with delivery for $168.00.  This thing seems like its gonna last me a lifetime.  Very sturdy and is very easy to operate.  Now I need to get my wife one.  Thanks for all the feedback.

Carlos

• 3 weeks later...

I just ordered a new 3.0 cart for $170 shipped.  PM me if you want the seller details.  I saved over $40+ bucks when you consider the sales tax I didn't have to pay onto top of the $199 MSRP.

Originally Posted by garvelink5

intheholegolf.com had a sale with free shipping.....sale is over now

• 11 months later...

After much research I have ordered the Clicgear 3.0 golf cart.  I have seen that there are countless accessories that you can buy for this model cart.  For any of you that own or have owned this golf cart, are there any of these accessories that have helped you out or are worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance.

Taylormade 425 R7 Driver- Tour stiff Cobra AMP 3 wood- Stiff Titleist 704 CB irons 2-PW Cleveland 588 wedges- 56 and 60 Ping Pick Em Up- belly putter Taylormade Penta 5 balls

• 1 month later...

I have Clicgear 2.0 and the one accessory I love is the adjustable umbrella holder. The cart comes with a basic umbrella holder but the adjustable one sits an inch or two higher and the angle is, well, adjustable. I'm a big fan using an oversized golf umbrella on sunny days. The only other add-on I got was an hanging insulated drink holder which I use for a water bottle but if I didn't have it there is a place for the bottle on the handle so it would get warm faster.

Originally Posted by chipanaputt

Use a Sun Mountain Speed Cart. Local course can be rough on equipment but so far the cart looks to be as tough as a coffin nail. Easy to unfold, nice bag clamping system and very easy to push.

I just purchased the same push cart on Rockbottomgolf.com. They have a name your own price going on. I got it for $180, added a few more item, got the total over $199.99 and got free shipping. Not a bad deal.

• 1 year later...

Purchased a Clicgear 3.0 on clearance at Dick's Sporting Goods last winter and have used it twice now.  I have to say I love it and enjoy using it more than riding in a cart (or carrying a bag).  I lost the umbrella holder and the ranger brought it out to me the only problem I had with it.  From reading everything I could on these carts (I even had the salesman at Golfsmith hold the front wheel on both the Sun Mountain version and a Cligear 3 they had in the store while I spun the wheels to see which one spun the longest to check the bearings).  I would take either one of these carts as they are very well built but sales price was what made my decision to buy  I almost lost it in the lake but caught it as it began to roll so now I make sure to set the brake on a hill.  Pushing a heavy bag with extra water and snacks included is near effortless and going down the hill I let it loose and it comes to a gentle stop at the bottom.  I walk 9 holes and run across balls the folks in front roll right on by without seeing them and just enjoy the sceanery while pushing the thing around.  Watching the guys on my league pulling their carts and having done so in the past I will say this is the best investment I have ever made next to my golf clubs.  I will be back out Monday morning and can't wait.

I love my ClicGear cart.  I bought 2 of them and my daughter uses the orange one. Anyway, mine probably has about 1,000 miles in it without any issues, Some items began to show a little wear due to age and use, nothing that would make it nonfunctional but, I decided to "pimp my cart". I installed new grips, a steering knob that screws into the umbrella mount (This does make it even easier to maneuver) and I installed matching colored wheels...

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

Good job on the customizing.  What do you think about adding one of those seats?  I am also thinking of buying one of those folding Golfsmith seats and a cooler for those hot days ahead.  Glad to hear you have so much use on this cart and hoping to get out three days a week (retired) and enjoying life with mine.

Good job on the customizing.  What do you think about adding one of those seats?  I am also thinking of buying one of those folding Golfsmith seats and a cooler for those hot days ahead.  Glad to hear you have so much use on this cart and hoping to get out three days a week (retired) and enjoying life with mine.

Thanks for the compliment.. Nah, I don't need a seat, we move along fairly quick and I'd be wasting time deploying it and putting it back. Plus, my playing partners and most of the other club members would make fun of me for using it and I'd probably pick up a new moniker. LOL

Most courses around here don't allow coolers but, I can store 4 bottles of water in the insulated pocket of my bag and carry two in the holders on the cart. For those hot days I freeze two or three to keep the ones in the bag cool and while I "nurse" a cool one on the cart the other on the cart is thawing out. Once thawed out a bit I drink some off that one and dump the warmer water of the other in it to let the ice cool it down again.

Our foursome normally play 5 days a week early morning and I'm the only one not retired (I can though). At times I'll also play a round or two late in the afternoon on the weekends.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

I just retired my clicgear 2.0 with about 3000 miles on it.  I went with the sun mountain micro cart as its replacement only because I had a pro shop credit and they had one sitting there.  You will not be disappointed with that purchase

Note: This thread is 3607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!