IGNORED

Holly Sonders with Michael Breed and Martin Hall on Golf Channel

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Saw Holly on 2 different shows with Michael Breed and Martin Hall as their "student". Β One was how to get rid of a slice and she actually hit a shot, swing looked pretty good. Β I wonder if guys are calling in saying they want to see more Holly so they're putting her in more golf segments or if she asked to get more TV time. Β For those guys that don't know who she is:

Quote:

Holly Sonders joined Golf Channel in January 2011, providing tournament and news updates as well as the top headlines of the day at the bottom of the hour during Morning Drive. Sonders comes to Golf Channel from KATV in Little Rock, Ark., where she was a news and sports reporter. Sonders also served as a sideline reporter for the Big Ten Network during the 2009 season.

An Ohio native, Sonders began her career at WBNS-10 TV in Columbus working on β€œThe Average Joe Sports Show,” a live, weekly television show that covered statewide athletics on the high school and collegiate levels. A graduate of Michigan State University with a degree in Communications, Sonders was a four-year member of the MSU Women's Golf Team and helped the Lady Spartans to a Big Ten Championship in 2007.

9942453-standard.jpg

holly_sonders_320x400.ashx.jpeg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like Holly.Β  Not only is she really easy on the eyes, she also makes the show more fun.Β  Breeder is too high-strung and I find Martin Hall to be a grumpy old man.Β  Holly is bright, bubbly and fun though.Β  I hope we see more of her.

They should just get rid of Breed and Hall and just have an instruction show with Holly and Lauren Thompson.Β  Id watch.

Whats in my :sunmountain:Β C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

Holly seems genuine.

Lauren does not seem genuine in her speech.

More Holly.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

Agree.Β  Holly has a good golf swing and clearly knows he stuff.Β  Lauren, on the other hand, I feel like she is just a model who The Golf Channel hired because she is pretty.Β  Im OK with that...

Woods: :mizuno:Β JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno:Β JPX 850Β 15*, :mizuno:Β JPX-850 19*, :mizuno:Β JPX Fli-Hi #4,Β :mizuno:Β JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno:Β MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland:Β Smart Square BladeΒ and :bridgestone:Β B330-S

Wait...she plays golf too???Β  Dayam...I love you Holly.Β  And yes, I do mean it in a stalkerish kind of way.Β  The way I look at it, if I'mΒ goingΒ to jail for stealing a car, I'm takingΒ theΒ FerrariΒ not theΒ Pinto.Β  At least my public defender won't laugh at me for being stupid and having bad taste.

:titleist:Β :scotty_cameron:
915D3 / 712 AP2 / SC Mont 1.5

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Holly seems genuine.

Lauren does not seem genuine in her speech.

More Holly.

I agree she does come across as more genuine, maybe being a member of a DI golf team helps her be more comfortable around the golf stuff.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Agree.Β  Holly has a good golf swing and clearly knows he stuff.Β  Lauren, on the other hand, I feel like she is just a model who The Golf Channel hired because she is pretty.Β  Im OK with that...

Lauren seems a ittle too perky

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Lauren seems a ittle too perky

Since when is that a bad thing?Β  BTW, Lauren retweeted me the other day, so, yeah, shes cool.Β  Im pretty sure she has a crush on me.

Holly should be on every show as far as I'm concerned. If she was a better golfer and competed on LPGA, she would be a worldwide superstar. It would be like Gulbis who? Lauren is a very prety girl but doesn't know anything about golf. Producers definitely feed her with stuff to say. She seems very nice though
DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

• Administrator

I saw Holly at the PGA Merchandise show. Let's just say I think I've seen thicker straws than her legs. The TV must truly add ten or twenty pounds, and she needs all of 'em.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Someone needs to post some photos of her follow through about 3secs after hitting the hybrid on Breeds show because I think it might be the 6th key (only for female members of course) for hitting good golf shots.

Originally Posted by iacas

I saw Holly at the PGA Merchandise show. Let's just say I think I've seen thicker straws than her legs. The TV must truly add ten or twenty pounds, and she needs all of 'em.

Someone needs to post some photos of her follow through about 3secs after hitting the hybrid on Breeds show because I think it might be the 6th key (only for female members of course) for hitting good golf shots.

Watching it now...it might be the only key if it's as good as I'm hoping it is.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

Yes, quite fascinating!

As I've said before, TGC is a wasteland Monday to Wednesday ... the more hotties theyΒ pepper the talking head shows with the better.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by WWBDD

As I've said before, TGC is a wasteland Monday to Wednesday ... the more hotties theyΒ pepper the talking head shows with the better.

Wait, so are you saying that you DON'T like seeing Tin Cup three nights in a row every other week?

(I kinda like the "On The Range" show they've started doing Wednesday nights this year)

She's decent. Wears makeup like its going out of style. Cool that she actually partakes in playing though.

I'm a Wynn McMurray fan myself.

Quote:

(I kinda like the "On The Range" show they've started doing Wednesday nights this year)

Yeah, that is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Originally Posted by soloredd

She's decent. Wears makeup like its going out of style. Cool that she actually partakes in playing though.

I'm a Wynn McMurray fan myself.

Yeah, that is quickly becoming one of my favorites.

I'm a Holly fan.Β  Although she has good angles and not so good ones.Β  She does love to stick that chest out

I was a big Wynn fan but then one day her fake announcers voice and phrasing hit me like a ton of bricks and now I can't watch her.Β  Well I should say listen to her.Β  It is so over the top and put on that it drives me nuts.Β  She's like the female version of Ryan Seacrest.Β  Yucking it up with her announcers voice.Β  It's only getting worse.

Here she is in 2009.Β  It's there, I can hear it but it's not too bad:

Now listen to her in 2012.Β  All it takes (for me)Β  is her first few words.Β  It's such a calculated fake announcers voice.Β  Yuckity Yuck: http://www.golfchannel.com/media/dot-com-extra-2012-season-preview-010312/

I hope I don't ruin Wynn for any of you fans, but for me I can't listen anymore.

Note:Β This thread is 4430 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!