IGNORED

NXT tour or Bridgeston B330 RX or e6?

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You might want to throw the Callaway HEX Chrome (3 Piece, Urethane Cover @ $36) in the bunch if you're liking the 330 RX.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

You might want to throw the Callaway HEX Chrome (3 Piece, Urethane Cover @ $36) in the bunch if you're liking the 330 RX.

Never been a fan of Callaway balls.  Too clicky.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by Birdman2

I've never paid much attention to the type of ball I play until recently I've been hearing how important it is to stick with one ball that works for you. I usually just grab whatever is cheapest. I'm about a 20 handicap with a swing speed between 95-105mph shoot in the low 90's on a good day. The guy at one of the golf stores I went to suggested the Bridgestone B330 Rx. He then said a cheaper but similar option would be the NXT tour ($20 for 12 as opposed to $30 for the Bridgestone). Any thoughts on the ball comparison and do you think that a ball will have that much of an impact on a player of my level's game?

Search online, Golfsmith, The Golf Warehouse, etc.. and find the deals for the Noodle's. Seems they are like $29 for 36 balls in some cases. This is an exceptional ball at this price. Very soft off the irons, long off the tee, and feels great off the putter. I played that ball and the Precept Laddie for years till I desired more spin around the greens. That doubled (and tripled) what I pay for balls. I often wonder if it is worth it to be honest. Noodle is a great ball that won't break the bank. Give them a try and I suspect you will save lots of money on balls you could apply to green fees.

-Dan

• 2 weeks later...

I'll second the noodle recommendation, for cheap balls they are one of the softest... thats always been my highest criterion of balls is that they are soft. I miss the old balata ball days even though they'd only last several holes before they get a gash...

Bang for the buck I think the noodle is the best... I did just grab a case of B330-Rx's so i'll get to test them out... They are more expensive than noodles, in the above average category but below a tour type ball...Be interesting to see how their value stacks up for me.

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

I feel the exact same way.  I believe Callaway makes great golf balls, but they have a thermoset urethane cover which gives them a hard, clicky feel, and I prefer a softer feel.  BTW: "thermoset" means they heat the urethane to a high degree, and it firms up when it hardens.

Driver:       Cobra AMP Cell - Blue

Fairway:    TM Rocketballz Stage 2  *17
Hybrids:    Callaway X2 Hot 19* and 22*
Irons:        Mizuno MX-23 5-PW
Wedges:   Cleveland 588  51*, 56*, 60*

Putter:      Scotty Cameron GoLo Customized

Ball:          Srixon Z Star (2013)

It's a new ball, fellas, and this one is not clicky. It's more like the RXS in feel off the ball.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Derek02

I feel the exact same way.  I believe Callaway makes great golf balls, but they have a thermoset urethane cover which gives them a hard, clicky feel, and I prefer a softer feel.  BTW: "thermoset" means they heat the urethane to a high degree, and it firms up when it hardens.

Too many live in the past.

If you care to live in the now - the HEX Chrome is not clicky, at least to me, in comparison with the RXS.

It's a new ball, fellas, and this one is not clicky. It's more like the RXS in feel off the ball.

We shall see.  Im sure I will find one on the course soon or later and Im fully expecting it to be Callaway clicky.  Callaway makes a great ball, for a while I was playing the Warbird and for a $20 a dozen ball it wasnt bad, it was just clicky.

I like a ball to make a nice, "WHACK" noise at impact and Callys just dont do that.  Maybe the Hex is a new day, we shall see.

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Quote:

Their cheaper entry level balls sure are clicky. Hitting a cheap Callaway with an insert-less putter with hard grips is gross.

For the money, their Top Flite balls are better.

But . . . a Callaway Tour ball feels pretty GD good to me. Just spins a bit too much for my taste.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I guess I just assumed the Noodles were for really slow swing speeds. I just passed on some Noodles on a clearance rack at golftown 12 for $6. crazy deal right?

I passed on that deal too lol and went with the $30 case of B330-rx. I wasn't sure if the $6 noodles in the recycled brown packaging were the same as the original noodle. They had a soft feel and a distance. I hate playing with rocks, but $6 a dozen is a pretty decent deal. Be curious what you think of them

We shall see.  Im sure I will find one on the course soon or later and Im fully expecting it to be Callaway clicky.  Callaway makes a great ball, for a while I was playing the Warbird and for a $20 a dozen ball it wasnt bad, it was just clicky.

I like a ball to make a nice, "WHACK" noise at impact and Callys just dont do that.  Maybe the Hex is a new day, we shall see.

Crap, such haters on this board!

I am no Cally lover, although they do have quality equipment. I've played Bridgestone golf balls for the last 4 years.

I read a lot of HEX Chrome reviews before I bought a couple of dozen. I play the RXS and the HEX Chrome is similar in feel off the putter, irons, woods. Everyone else, apparently, who has tried it, said the same thing - they expected clicky, but it was not. Because of winds, I can't vouch for distance It held well in the wind, as expected. More to come as I play with it.

I'm trying some NXT Tour S balls I got instaead of the Bridgestone.  I like the way the Titleist stops and rolls on the green.  Hoping the NXT Tour S will be an alternative to the Pro V1.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know what, if any changes they made to the 2012 e-6?

I played 2011 RX my first week out this year. Played a lot because it was a golf trip. Liked the RX balls a lot. Felt great on green. Distance control was good near the green. The greens were super hard so I could not tell how the ball did on fuller wedge shots. No one was dropping and stopping balls on greens including me with my old ball -- Penta. I am normally a drop and stop near true mark guy with everything from 7-iron down. Not a back it up guy.

Went for a fitting yesterday and the RX was the winner on driver with my 103 SS. Z-star was no good. B330S was not too good either. Looked like RX was my ball. Then they pulled an E-6 and it was much longer and straighter with better spin numbers (according to the launch monitor). It was cold and I was hitting into a net.

The Bridgestone guys suggested that if I want a little more spin near the greens to use the RX but my go-to ball should be the E-6. My normal good drive is a baby draw. The E-6 might straighten that out and I'd be fine with that. My normal good iron shot is dead straight. I can learn to play a dead straight ball all the time.

I like to buy in bulk. So I'm wondering if they changed the E-6 any for 2012. I see a lot of 2011 E-6's for sale. I know the RX changed a lot by adding dual dimple technology.

BTW, after one week with the RX yellows, I love playing yellow balls and both the RX and E-6 come in yellow. Like them not because I can find them in the rough easier (not sure I can -- depends on light), but because I can tell which ball is mine from far away and I can plan my next shot while I am still far from my ball waiting for you to hit. Walk up on a green and I know which ball I'm hitting. If everyone changed to yellow, I'd go back to white. Being the only yellow ball in the group is awesome.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Head to head test today of 2011 RX vs 2012 E-6 (again not sure if they are different than 2011) and comparing them to my old Pentas.

Windy (20-30MPH) and 60* today. Practice on practice holes and practice putting and chipping green. One hole down wind and one into the wind.

On greens, the E-6 is noticeably firmer than the RX and feels about like the Penta off a White Ice insert. E-6 would work great for me on all but the fastest greens. Near the green the RX feels softest, followed by the Penta, then the E-6. I could get used to the E-6 but like the RX feel best. The RX is silent and the E-6 sounds like the Pentas.

Short irons traveled the same distance and the E-6 rolled out twice as much as the RX which rolled out more than the Pentas. Same on long irons. Tee shot with 5-iron into the wind seemed identical distance between the RX and E-6. E-6 felt best into the wind. Seemed to pierce the wind and stay straight. RX seemed to get out faster and drop faster too. Again, end result was identical distance.

Off the tee it is no contest. The E-6 flew straight and cut through the wind and was longer on every tee shot. On a down-wind 3-wood, the E-6 was 25 yards longer. Into the wind, it was also 25 yards longer and perfect trajectory. Did not hit driver because the practice holes make that a reckless play with the wind direction and speed we had today.

I have been a guy who chooses balls based on the green and work my way back to the tee. But I am going to see if playing a ball that is straighter and longer for me is more beneficial than that softer feel around the greens. Maybe when it is hot this summer, I'll pull out the RX again.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

It amazes me how many people just completely overlook, or ignore, the Srixon Trispeed TOUR's… It is quite possibly the best 3 piece ball on the market! Spin, distance, control, etc… When I was testing balls about a year ago the Srixon Trispeed TOUR was so much better than all the rest I was shocked! I found the Bridgestone e series balls to complete garbage. However the Bridgestone B330RX was a very nice ball, but not better than the Trispeed TOUR's, so price won out. $20 a dozen for the Srixon, vs $40 a dozen for the Bridgestone 330RX. Sorry to the Titleist faithfuls, but Im just anti Titleist. They're overpriced, over marketted, & overhyped!

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

It amazes me how many people just completely overlook, or ignore, the Srixon Trispeed TOUR's… It is quite possibly the best 3 piece ball on the market! Spin, distance, control, etc… When I was testing balls about a year ago the Srixon Trispeed TOUR was so much better than all the rest I was shocked! I found the Bridgestone e series balls to complete garbage. However the Bridgestone B330RX was a very nice ball, but not better than the Trispeed TOUR's, so price won out. $20 a dozen for the Srixon, vs $40 a dozen for the Bridgestone 330RX. Sorry to the Titleist faithfuls, but Im just anti Titleist. They're overpriced, over marketted, & overhyped!

Ive played the TriSpeed.  I didnt find it to be all that great and was unimpressed with it.  I wouldnt compare it to the B330-RX.  Id compare it more to a Bridgestone E series or xFixx.

Ive played the TriSpeed.  I didnt find it to be all that great and was unimpressed with it.  I wouldnt compare it to the B330-RX.  Id compare it more to a Bridgestone E series or xFixx.

The plain Tripseed, sure. I dont like that one either. But the Tripseed "TOUR" is different. Ive tried the Bridgestone B330RX several times, and I just dont see where its superior. It is supposed to be a direct competitor to the ProV1(x) just built for a slower swing speed. I have not tried the B330RX "S" yet. Maybe its better? I just found the Bridgestone E series balls to be garbage. And I tried them several times, including the new 2012 balls with the new dimples. There's just no way those E series balls are any better than a Topflite, or Srixon AD333, Trispeed, Titleist NXT, Noodle, etc…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Note: This thread is 3132 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!