IGNORED

Tiger's Death Stare at Alex Miceli

Sandwedge74
Note: This thread is 4395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its funny how when you are a pro athlete...especially one with a career as good as Tiger's...everybody wants something from you.

Tiger can act how he wants to act, do what he wants to do,  and it doesn't affect me in the least.  His business not mine.

The media is indeed a necessity, but once they reach a certain point they are just a bunch of leaches.  It is their job to report things to fans.  But once they start commenting on the way they would do things it is time to stop listening to them.  What would they know about the situations that the athlete finds himself in in his daily life?

It has really become a war between Tiger and the golf media over the years, and i blame the media more than Tiger.  Does Tiger lack class, is he a jerk...maybe.  Do i care, no.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Sandwedge74

Just to be clear...I am NOT commenting on the golf writer asking the questions. Lord knows those guys run the gamut between well informed thoughtful journalists and total douchebags. I am ONLY commenting on the way Tiger handled it.  Should Tiger be held to a high(er) standard with these situations...hell yes. Golf like any other sports is full of it's fair share of amazing athletes going through slumps and off years. Was the interviewer veering off into territory he had no place going?? ...maybe. Does Tiger reserve the right to select what he wants to answer? ABSOLUTELY.

Folks, It's the way he went about it I take issue with.

%$#@ him. He doesn't deserve the to be regarded as one of the best players of all time - his re-actions are despicable. Class is worth a lot in my book.

remember - opionions are like *******s... everyone has one. There's mine.

Tell us how you rreally feel?

Golf Junkie!

Tiger actually had a positive moment after he beaned some guy on the head with a three iron tee shot on 4 today. He walks up to the guy, signs the glove, takes off the glove, shakes his hand, and smiles. Luckily the guy was fine, but when it hit him it sounded like cart path and bounded 20 yards forward. I think you would have approved.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Tiger actually had a positive moment after he beaned some guy on the head with a three iron tee shot on 4 today. He walks up to the guy, signs the glove, takes off the glove, shakes his hand, and smiles.

I bet he would have smiled a lot more if he had bounced it off Miceli's head.

I bet he would have smiled a lot more if he had bounced it off Miceli's head.

+1 :-D

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

tigers's a golfer, as long as he entertains me on the course, im happy. micelli got what he was looking for, a way to get his name out there, same as a lot of people do on tigers name.....

Originally Posted by walk18

The one redeeming thing about this thread was that it at least started with an apology.

- ha that's funny.

It's funny because  1) I totally knew I was gonna get pounded for posting this

and 2) I actually have loved Tiger for a long long time. I have recently decided that things OTHER than his golf and forced me away as a fan

I will be the first to admit I think my post was a little harsh and I can see why some people have taken issue with it.

Erik posted that maybe I have some other reason for hating Tiger - well Erik is a little right - I have seen Tiger, in person, throwing clubs and cursing in front Children looking up to him and admiring him on the course.

There is no doubt that the interviewer was trying to push buttons and also did NOT respect Tiger's request to more or less back off - for this reason ...and also for doing a little research on this particular interviewer...it's clear there is more than meets the eye to this situation. I failed to see this initially and take responsibility for it.

That being said, I DO feel that Tiger still did not handle the situation well.  This COUPLED with other situations where I have seen Tiger handle the adversity of Golf very poorly.

I had the need to vent a rant and I did. that's it.

I prefer the Pro's who handle the game with dignity and except golf's weird fate without cursing and throwing clubs and telling interviewers to have a nice day etc etc.... because of this I do stand behind the basic precedent of my initial post but am willing to concede that perhaps it was a bit harsh.

To the person who asked me about "class" etc etc... look at Jack Nicklaus, Vijay Singh , Fred Couples etc etc... you seemed to try to attack me personally and ask me about my own class ... this is a golf forum and a thread where we are discussing professional golfers and their performance on and off the court so to speak...

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

I don't post much, but seriously....

If people don't like tiger, they can just ignore him.

Journalists can simply not ask him questions.

The media can simply not report on him...focus on better players.

And above all, forum members can refrain from starting threads about him.

The truth is, ALL YOU PEOPLE are addicted to the guy.  Don't deny it.  You can't get enough of him.  You're consumers and you can't get enough of him.  You can't help yourselves.  Otherwise, you wouldn't bother.  ;)  I don't bother.

You love him, that's why you make threads.

I don't post much, but seriously....

If people don't like tiger, they can just ignore him.

Journalists can simply not ask him questions.

The media can simply not report on him...focus on better players.

And above all, forum members can refrain from starting threads about him.

The truth is, ALL YOU PEOPLE are addicted to the guy.  Don't deny it.  You can't get enough of him.  You're consumers and you can't get enough of him.  You can't help yourselves.  Otherwise, you wouldn't bother.  ;)  I don't bother.

You love him, that's why you make threads.

Now that's rocketballz!

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

One of two scenarios:

1 - Woods visited a Navy SEAL base, for a quick tour, then left. Afterward he told Haney that he had received some SEAL training, which included hand to hand combat and could defend his home if necessary.

He also mentioned it didn't matter about his age because this limitation could be waived so he could enter, and spoke about being seriously interested in leaving golf to join.
2 - Haney completely made this story up.

Micelli wasright on the money asking Woods a very simple question: "Did you train with the Navy SEALS?"

If 'No' then he is calling Haney a liar.

If 'Yes', then he is calling the SEALS liars as they have come out to see he NEVER trained with them.

Woods of course being the media savvy individual he is did exactly what was to be expected: he got upity, insulting, and then looked real upset at the end of the exchange.

So, down to one of two choices:

A - Haney appears to have e-mails to back this up and has shown no signs of lying or fraudulent since his arrival in the public eye via Woods.
B - Woods who is a confirmed liar and cheater.

The obvious choice is there or all to see: in the objective, non-apologist real world, this is just another lie in a long string of them for Woods: trained with the military, being harrassed at school, lying to his wife, his family, his fans, and his friends, refusing to answer specific questions about Dr Galea, strange explanations of what happened on night in November 2+ years ago....it's nothing new.

Whenever Woods has been confronted on one of his 'explanations', this is standard-proceedure: say little, stare, move on and wait until it goes away.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

RichF, you've made it clear in past posts you hate Tiger so I'd expect nothing less from you than to side with low lifes like Micelli and Haney.

Originally Posted by RichF

One of two scenarios:

1 - Woods visited a Navy SEAL base, for a quick tour, then left. Afterward he told Haney that he had received some SEAL training, which included hand to hand combat and could defend his home if necessary.

He also mentioned it didn't matter about his age because this limitation could be waived so he could enter, and spoke about being seriously interested in leaving golf to join.

2 - Haney completely made this story up.

Micelli wasright on the money asking Woods a very simple question: "Did you train with the Navy SEALS?"

If 'No' then he is calling Haney a liar.

If 'Yes', then he is calling the SEALS liars as they have come out to see he NEVER trained with them.

Woods of course being the media savvy individual he is did exactly what was to be expected: he got upity, insulting, and then looked real upset at the end of the exchange.

So, down to one of two choices:

A - Haney appears to have e-mails to back this up and has shown no signs of lying or fraudulent since his arrival in the public eye via Woods.

B - Woods who is a confirmed liar and cheater.

The obvious choice is there or all to see: in the objective, non-apologist real world, this is just another lie in a long string of them for Woods: trained with the military, being harrassed at school, lying to his wife, his family, his fans, and his friends, refusing to answer specific questions about Dr Galea, strange explanations of what happened on night in November 2+ years ago....it's nothing new.

Whenever Woods has been confronted on one of his 'explanations', this is standard-proceedure: say little, stare, move on and wait until it goes away.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

RichF, your anti-Tiger bias has allowed you to leave out several possible scenarios.

And sixdoubleo, spare us the lecture. You commented, after all, just like everyone else.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

RichF, your anti-Tiger bias has allowed you to leave out several possible scenarios.

And sixdoubleo, spare us the lecture. You commented, after all, just like everyone else.

Haha....just saying...it doesn't matter what he does because .we're all on the guy's nuts from reporter on down to golf forum. ;)

what makes it so exciting to watch tiger win as opposed to everyone else that has been winning in his place lately. it sounds like some of you are saying it doesnt matter how he acts as long as he performs. i think that works for musicians maybe even basketball or football players, but golfers? i guess the old addage "gentlemans game" is totally out the window. question really is now that tiger isnt wining, what good is he vs any other no name player tied for 32nd place

Quote:

RichF, you've made it clear in past posts you hate Tiger so I'd expect nothing less from you than to side with low lifes like Micelli and Haney.

Yeah? That makes three low-lifes then: Micelli, Haney and Woods.

So, if we agree on that point then you can also agree with me when I suggest that Woods clearly was bothered by Miceli's perfectly simple question.
Why?
We now know for fact that Woods' history is full of embellishment and lies, so saying he has done Navy SEAL training, but what he actually describes is nothing like what is actually done raises another flag, IMO.

Micelli, aksed a question which put Woods in a checkmate position: he had to either had to say yes he did train with them or that Haney was making the story up.
Either way he loses.
Hence the reaction from Woods.
(it's baffling to watch a worldly recognized figure who is so inept at handling himself)

It has nothing to do with him not wanting to help Haney sell a book, it has everything to do with him getting caught in a lie....again.

BTW, being a follower of Tiger's for many years, I'm really looking forward to (as must you, Erik and everyone else) reading 'The Big Miss' - should be the biggest sports book in years! (until Stevie, hopefully, brings his out too!)

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

...   Micelli wasright on the money asking Woods a very simple question: "Did you train with the Navy SEALS?" If 'No' then he is calling Haney a liar. If 'Yes', then he is calling the SEALS liars as they have come out to see he NEVER trained with them.  ... So, down to one of two choices: A - Haney appears to have e-mails to back this up and has shown no signs of lying or fraudulent since his arrival in the public eye via Woods. B - Woods who is a confirmed liar and cheater.

Did Tiger actually say he trained with SEALs, or that his did the same training that SEALs do? Also, I haven't heard anything about these Haney emails that you are alleging he has. Am I out of the loop here?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I've never defended what Tiger has done in his personal life as it's not consistent with how I feel a husband or father should act.  I do defend his ability as a golfer and his right to conduct himself as he chooses with the press.  I listen to Micelli on the Grill Room most Saturdays, he clearly has a problem with Tiger and makes no attempts to hide it and trashes him every chance he gets on his XM show.

You, I and maybe even Haney have no first hand knowledge of what Tiger did with the SEALS so I disagree with your assertion that he refused to answer because he lied to Haney.  Haney stated the book was going to be about golf and being Tigers swing coach.  Since Tiger didn't pursue the SEALS as a career from golf, why did it end up in the book in the first place?

You're also being ignorant if you think that the press would stop at asking one question about the book.  Who really cares if Tiger wanted to be a Navy SEAL, I don't.  Pat Tillman quit the NFL to become an Army Ranger so it's not like we've never heard a pro athlete speak or act on their desire to serve their country.  Micelli was baiting Tiger to open up discussions about the book, Tiger nicely told him he wasn't going to comment and Micelli persisted until he got Tiger to react (which really wasn't much of reaction, but he and the press ran with it).

Go hate on Tiger all you want, but at least focus on the things he really did wrong and not irrelevant banter with a loser from the press.

Originally Posted by RichF

Quote:

Yeah? That makes three low-lifes then: Micelli, Haney and Woods.

So, if we agree on that point then you can also agree with me when I suggest that Woods clearly was bothered by Miceli's perfectly simple question.

Why?

We now know for fact that Woods' history is full of embellishment and lies, so saying he has done Navy SEAL training, but what he actually describes is nothing like what is actually done raises another flag, IMO.

Micelli, aksed a question which put Woods in a checkmate position: he had to either had to say yes he did train with them or that Haney was making the story up.

Either way he loses.

Hence the reaction from Woods.

(it's baffling to watch a worldly recognized figure who is so inept at handling himself)

Joe Paradiso

Note: This thread is 4395 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!