IGNORED

Tiger's Death Stare at Alex Miceli

Sandwedge74
Note: This thread is 4373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How many of tigers press conferences have you watched?. He does hundreds and in the vast majority of them he conducts himself honestly and forthright. Many of the interviewers act similarity and the exchange is respectful at the very least. But every so often, you get a journalist who treds outside the lines of the interview and needs to be reined in.

If you had ever given an interview, you would know that you need a certain amount of control of how and what you would like to answer or the interview tends to sway way off topic. This is not a control freak action but a necessity of time.

Haneys book is an obvious abuse of a trusted relationship and the information is not his to spill. Tiger would have no interest in giving any extra credence to that book or that action and any journalist who wish to abuses the opportunity to talk about a golf tourney to try to change it to a gossip column question deserves to be ignored.

I applaud Tiger's action and I completely reject any justification of micelis actions.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiger said before he was finished answering questions about Haney's book. Alex is a wanna be athlete who instead has to be a reporter to make living. It was an inappropriate question for this forum. I agree with Tiger here and the way he handled it. As far as class he has plenty he is not Jack,Arnold or Tom etc he's Tiger. He is himself you don't like it don't watch him, watch Cory instead or some other nice guy.

RichF

Do tou really think you considered all option? I would suggest that several other may be consider before you make you conclusions. Perhaps that the book as a violation of trust shouldn't be given an once more consideration by the person whose trust was abused. End of story. Your " options" are all moot at that point

Originally Posted by robertwc

I agree with Tiger here and the way he handled it. As far as class he has plenty he is not Jack,Arnold or Tom etc he's Tiger. He is himself you don't like it don't watch him, watch Cory instead or some other nice guy.

I don't think "having class" is a term you'd use to describe Tiger. It was never even the case.

So many of the things he does ON the course, let alone off it show a complete absence of it.

Lack of respect for fellow players, spectators, club throwing, swearing, spitting. Not classy.

Doesn't mean he's the only one, some are worse. At his best he has a class AAAAAAAAAAAAA golf game. That's it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Quote:

I've never defended what Tiger has done in his personal life as it's not consistent with how I feel a husband or father should act.  I do defend his ability as a golfer and his right to conduct himself as he chooses with the press.  I listen to Micelli on the Grill Room most Saturdays, he clearly has a problem with Tiger and makes no attempts to hide it and trashes him every chance he gets on his XM show.

You, I and maybe even Haney have no first hand knowledge of what Tiger did with the SEALS so I disagree with your assertion that he refused to answer because he lied to Haney.  Haney stated the book was going to be about golf and being Tigers swing coach.  Since Tiger didn't pursue the SEALS as a career from golf, why did it end up in the book in the first place?

You're also being ignorant if you think that the press would stop at asking one question about the book.  Who really cares if Tiger wanted to be a Navy SEAL, I don't.  Pat Tillman quit the NFL to become an Army Ranger so it's not like we've never heard a pro athlete speak or act on their desire to serve their country.  Micelli was baiting Tiger to open up discussions about the book, Tiger nicely told him he wasn't going to comment and Micelli persisted until he got Tiger to react (which really wasn't much of reaction, but he and the press ran with it).

Go hate on Tiger all you want, but at least focus on the things he really did wrong and not irrelevant banter with a loser from the press.

Then why wouldn't Woods say this and summarily dismiss the whole affair? Why be so about something as pedestrian as everyone is saying?
If he had NO PROBLEM talking about and denying the Gallea/PEDs affair, then why the stare, and brush-off and the emotional wavering of the voice in that interview?

Look, we all know what happened here, it doesn't take a genius (or even any of the blind Woods-ites on this Forum) to figure it out:
The facts is, Woods went to the SEAL base in 2006 and got to play around on some of their weapons.
I'm sure they thought it was ace to have him there and he most likely enjoyed himself also. Woods comes back and then can't resist telling a story about what he did there. I'm sure he told this story to not only Haney but a couple of the hangers-on he was hanging out with at the time.

If the story is false, then the co-author and the publishing company could be liable, but have the Woods camp come out and denied anything?
If the story is true, all Haney has done is expose a phony.

Consider, one snippet from a book, has caused all this hoo-hah. Can you imagine when the book is released in a few weeks?
Woods was on a verge of a tearful breaking down after that Micelli Q&A;!!!
When 'The Big Miss; is released, (and don't lie - you're ALL going to go out and buy it and read it), the press will go after Woods like a drunk wolfing down a curry at 2am in the morning.Woods story gets better by the minute. Just when you think he's turned a corner and all you 'head-in-the-sand's' are going "Yeahh!! He shot a 65 - he's BACK!", something new appears.

As I said earlier, when the other 'dark demon' that should be cast out for all eternity that is Stevie, writes his book....hooooo-weeeeee!!
That is going to be a frickin' jackpot of entertainment!

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

You're reading wayyyyyy into stuff that simply is not there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by RichF

BTW, being a follower of Tiger's for many years, I'm really looking forward to (as must you, Erik and everyone else) reading 'The Big Miss' - should be the biggest sports book in years! (until Stevie, hopefully, brings his out too!)

I don't plan to read it. Might get to it in a few years when it's $2.99 somewhere.

Uh, yeah, no he wasn't. Wow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He is what he is.

He's one of the greatest golfers to ever play the game.  He's childish.  He's exciting.  He hits great shots pumps his fist.  He hits bad shots and pouts.

I root for him.   I want him to break jack's record.  But I don't like him. He is what he is; an exciting person to watch play golf.  If you're looking for more than that, then that's on you.  He doesn't owe anyone anything and you don't have to like him.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

I've grown so incredibly tired of Tiger's life being dissected. What happened, happened, golf is incredibly boring without him. He's not playing well now but he is the best player of all time and the Tour needs him. What Tiger did, he did to his wife, he did not do to me. I don't look up to him as a role model; there are other people that can fill that role.

I feel bad for the guy. He's trying to turn a corner and everyone in his life keeps dumping on him. Then he has to answer question and question about it. Tiger may not be the classiest person in the world, far from it, but Haney and Williams continue to prove that they have even less class than Tiger. I hope Woods plays well, he's enjoyable to watch and makes the game more exciting. What he does in his private life means / meant nothing to me.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Quote:

I've grown so incredibly tired of Tiger's life being dissected. What happened, happened, golf is incredibly boring without him. He's not playing well now but he is the best player of all time and the Tour needs him. What Tiger did, he did to his wife, he did not do to me. I don't look up to him as a role model; there are other people that can fill that role.

I feel bad for the guy. He's trying to turn a corner and everyone in his life keeps dumping on him. Then he has to answer question and question about it. Tiger may not be the classiest person in the world, far from it, but Haney and Williams continue to prove that they have even less class than Tiger. I hope Woods plays well, he's enjoyable to watch and makes the game more exciting. What he does in his private life means / meant nothing to me.

Yeah, this is 2011, buddy...the days of 'the Tour needs him' are a long, long gone and No, golf isn't boring without him. (unless that is, you like seeing the potential G.O.A.T fall apart on the course, that is)
You feel sorry for him? You make it sound like it's everyone else's fault except his!! Everything bad that has happened to Woods is his fault, pure and simple.
As ye sow, so shall ye reap...

And what exact wrong-doings have Haney and Stevie committed??

I think you need to put away the rose-tinted spectacles and take a good look at the many other, better players on tour that make watching Tiger Woods as interesting as waching paint dry.

Take a look at Rors : that guy is breathtaking everytime he tees it up now....he's always in contention.

Superb swing, the best on tour bar none...and of course, at his age he's slowly growing into the role as Golf's Ambassador. Aside from the way he plays - non-robotic and with a lot of FUN, it's a great time to be watching golf along with the other up-and-comers...

In contrast to that, we see Woods, stumbling around with yet more mediocre displays of shot-making, sort-range lip-outs, members of the gallery ducking for cover, etc, etc

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Quote:

I don't plan to read it. Might get to it in a few years when it's $2.99 somewhere.

Uh, yeah, no he wasn't. Wow.

Course you'll read it....the biggest golf book in years. You might find out a few things.

Uh, yeah, he was. You know it, your Mods know it.

Go back and have another look - voice wavering almost breaking, eyes visibly welling up.

Doulbe-wow.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

• Administrator

Yeah, this is 2011, buddy...

It's 2012.

Originally Posted by RichF

And what exact wrong-doings have Haney and Stevie committed??

Really? Stevie with the WGC-Bridgestone speech and the racist remarks. Haney publishing the book. That's what he was referring to, I'd imagine..

Uh, yeah, he was. You know it, your Mods know it.

Go back and have another look - voice wavering almost breaking, eyes visibly welling up.

Sure thing Rich. Tiger was on the verge of crying. Uh huh.

Course you'll read it....the biggest golf book in years. You might find out a few things.

Why would I read it? I'll hear about any of the interesting parts (if we haven't heard about all of them already) online, and I haven't got time to read drivel. Which begs the question: why do I read anything you post re: Tiger Woods? Guess I'll stop now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Rory has to win about 50 more titles before he can be mentioned in the same breath as Tiger.

I used to be a hater. I thought Tiger was smug, condescending, and just a basic jackass. And then he won the US Open on a broken leg...kinda changed my opinion about him. These posts are silly...and rather boring. Guy made some mistakes...get over it.

Driver: R11s 9 with a Fubuki Tour 63 X-Stiff
Fairway Wood: R11s 15.5 with Miyazaki Kusala Black 83 X-Stiff

Hybrid: taylormade.gif 4 with Fubuki 515 X-Stiff
Irons: titleist.gif Forged 660 3-PW with Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: callaway.gif CC Jaws 52 and 58 Degree
Putter: ping.gif In Anser 2

Quote:

It's 2012.

Really? Stevie with the WGC-Bridgestone speech and the racist remarks. Haney publishing the book. That's what he was referring to, I'd imagine..

Sure thing Rich. Tiger was on the verge of crying. Uh huh.

Why would I read it? I'll hear about any of the interesting parts (if we haven't heard about all of them already) online, and I haven't got time to read drivel. Which begs the question: why do I read anything you post re: Tiger Woods?  Guess I'll stop now.

Is it??? Golly gosh. And there I was thinking it was a mere typo!

Thanks, boss!

I'll let you have Stevie The Racist, that's unforgivable IMP, but Haney? Publishing a book? Come on...

Hey, it's not just ME who's saying it either...

Why do you read anything I post re: Tiger Woods? Same reason everyone else does - so they can then do their "Leave Britney Alone!"-esque tantrums.
I like you Erik, cos sometimes you come over like a smart-ass-know-it-all....just like me...but, my skateboard's better than yours.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Originally Posted by bilinguru

I'm not ripping on Woods.  I am merely observing that he is not what he purports to be.

Huh?  You mean he ISN'T a golfer???

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Tiger actually had a positive moment after he beaned some guy on the head with a three iron tee shot on 4 today. He walks up to the guy, signs the glove, takes off the glove, shakes his hand, and smiles. Luckily the guy was fine, but when it hit him it sounded like cart path and bounded 20 yards forward. I think you would have approved.

He was also shown signing autographs for a while, something the haters will never mention.

Originally Posted by Sandwedge74

- ha that's funny.

It's funny because  1) I totally knew I was gonna get pounded for posting this

and 2) I actually have loved Tiger for a long long time. I have recently decided that things OTHER than his golf and forced me away as a fan

And I bet some of your best friends are black.

Sorry, the level of vitriol in you thread starter belies any claim that you were ever a tiger fan.  You didn't stop liking him.  It is one thing to stop being a fan of someone.  It is another to spew the kind of garbage you started this thread with.  It shows your true colors.  But hey, at least you apologized.  LOL

Quote:

Why would I read it? I'll hear about any of the interesting parts (if we haven't heard about all of them already) online, and I haven't got time to read drivel. Which begs the question: why do I read anything you post re: Tiger Woods?  Guess I'll stop now.

Maybe it is time to add an "Ignore This User" feature to the board.  I know you would't be able to use it, but it would be a godsend for the rest of us.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Maybe it is time to add an "Ignore This User" feature to the board.  I know you would't be able to use it, but it would be a godsend for the rest of us.

You mean "Block User?" We have that.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Wow, you got all that from Tigers refusal to answer a question about an exerpt from a book that wasn't written by him?

LOL. Amazing isn't it.

Note: This thread is 4373 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!