IGNORED

Tiger's Death Stare at Alex Miceli

Sandwedge74
Note: This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

This thread is starting to remind me of when I was kid arguing about whose skateboard was better.

I totally agree...but the "Robot Dragon" Steve Caballero was definitely the best! I still have it and use it to take the garbage out...and unsuccessfully attempt a kick flip on the way back.  Almost killed myself last week.

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

I totally agree...but the "Robot Dragon" Steve Caballero was definitely the best!      I still have it and use it to take the garbage out...and unsuccessfully attempt a kick flip on the way back.  Almost killed myself last week.

No way, the chinese dragon Caballero was tops. Only competition was the H-Street Ron Allen with the cartoony guy.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

Originally Posted by zeg

No way, the chinese dragon Caballero was tops. Only competition was the H-Street Ron Allen with the cartoony guy.

Touche....yeah, Chinese Dragon was pretty sweet too.  Are you talking about the Ron Allen with the naked weird cartoon guy?   If it is that picture was kinda creepy.  I was partial to my original Tony Hawk Skull and original Mike McGill....spent all my money from my paper route on decks, trucks and wheels....you name it.  I saw Gleaming the Cube and wanted to have my own personal skate shop like D. Abo...only I didn't have a hut underneath my parents swimming pool....or even a swimming pool for that matter.  Ha ha!   Oh, those were the days.  Now I collect golf clubs etc..  Some things never change...

Are we off topic yet?

DRIVER Taylormade R11S w/ Tour AD DI-7S 3 WOOD Taylormade R11S RIP Phenom Stiff 16.5 HYBRID Taylormade Rocketballz Tour Stiff IRONS 4-6 iron Taylormade MC w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff IRONS 7-PW Taylormade MB w/ KBS C-Taper Stiff WEDGES Titleist Vokey SM4 Black Nickel 52.12, 56.11, 60.10 PUTTER NIKE METHOD 001 33', Taylormade Ghost Spider 33' BAG ADIDAS AG Tour Stand Bag BALLS TITLEIST PRO-V1X SHOESADIDAS ADIPURE GPS SKYCADDIE SGX

I think its important to seperate Tiger the golfer from Tiger the person.

Tiger the golfer is no doubt one of the greatest all time...but Tiger the person is a self centered arrogant a-hole who has been pampered his entire 30-something years....

When incidents like the one with Micelli happen

I always remember the story about when Tiger was first breaking onto the scene as a major phenom and while dining with Arnie started complaining about how he cant go into a restaurant without having his meal interupted, how difficult his life is,  etc. etc.

To which Arnie wisely said: If all of this bothers you then you should give back the prize money, get a day job and play golf on the weekends like regular people do....otherwise accept it gladly as a small price to pay for the wonderful lifestyle accorded you by the PGA Tour.

Apparently The King's advice went in one of Tigers ears and out the other....he remains a spoiled immature narcissistic brat who thinks the world revolves around him...a 36year old  going on 14..

• Administrator

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

Apparently The King's advice went in one of Tigers ears and out the other....he remains a spoiled immature narcissistic brat who thinks the world revolves around him...a 36year old  going on 14..

So I guess that means people get to act like *******s to him and when he responds by saying basically saying "no comment" a little too tersely for your tastes, we've gotta jump all over him about it, and completely excuse the guy who has gone on and on and on in the past two+ years about what a lousy human being Tiger is.

Okay, glad we've got that cleared up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I agree with Iacas...Think about how many people sh$% all over him and told stories that weren't true?  Think about how those stories reflect onto this message board alone...there are people on this site that have a hatred for Tiger so strong that it is as if he just slapped their mother.  I am not saying I agree with what he did with the cheating on his wife etc, but we don't even know what is true and what isn't.  And who cares anyway!!!  But writers like Alex Miceli have made it their mission to make his life a living hell for doing something that had nothing to do with Alex Miceli...just to better his own career...not even because he necessarily believes in what he writes.   I know he is a writer and it was his job to report and make news, but you can't possibly feel bad for him for Tiger not liking him.  If you were in Tiger shoes, which none of us will obviously EVER know what that is like,  you would probably be giving Alex Miceli a little more than a death stare and a no comment.  It be more of a death choke!

Yeah, Tiger might be an a#$hole but so were most of the great athletes of all time.  If you are that good at something, there has got to be some things that are lacking to make up for that greatness.   I worshiped Michael Jordan as a kid, and he might be one of the biggest pricks of them all.  He cheated on his wife...probably with Tiger in the other room doing her friend...But that doesn't mean I still don't get the chills every time I see an old game on espn classics.  And I think Tiger is an a#@hole too and he makes an idiot out of himself from time to time, but guess what?...when he hit that shot into 18 and hit that putt for eagle today...I stood up off the couch and said F$%# Yea!!  Do you know why, because he is simply amazing!!

Originally Posted by iacas

So I guess that means people get to act like *******s to him and when he responds by saying basically saying "no comment" a little too tersely for your tastes, we've gotta jump all over him about it, and completely excuse the guy who has gone on and on and on in the past two+ years about what a lousy human being Tiger is.

Okay, glad we've got that cleared up.

Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

When incidents like the one with Micelli happen

I always remember the story about when Tiger was first breaking onto the scene as a major phenom and while dining with Arnie started complaining about how he cant go into a restaurant without having his meal interupted, how difficult his life is,  etc. etc.

To which Arnie wisely said: If all of this bothers you then you should give back the prize money, get a day job and play golf on the weekends like regular people do....otherwise accept it gladly as a small price to pay for the wonderful lifestyle accorded you by the PGA Tour.

Arnie never had to face anything near what Tiger faces because he didn't play in the Internet-based 24/7 news cycle we now have.   In fact, if that had existed when Arnie was playing he might well have been the precedent for what Tiger went through when his sexual canoodling0got outed.  Arnie was no choirboy himself and would have been just as vulnerable as Tiger was.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Arnie never had to face anything near what Tiger faces because he didn't play in the Internet-based 24/7 news cycle we now have.   In fact, if that had existed when Arnie was playing he might well have been the precedent for what Tiger went through when his sexual canoodling0got outed.  Arnie was no choirboy himself and would have been just as vulnerable as Tiger was.

exactly! The only difference between athletes today and those of the past is that there wasn't Facebook, blogs, TMZ, sandtrap.com etc to bust them out on all the shady business. Nobody gave a crap what these guys were doing back then. These days everyone needs to know everything about everyone so they can judge them and feel better about themselves. I mean, look what we are doing right now. .

I don't get Tiger haters. Why spend so much time on someone you don't like? Tiger's done some stupid stuff, most of which hurt his family, but that's two years ago. He was asked a question and chose not to reply, and he is being the bad guy? Next time you want to bash Tiger, find something that he really did, because the only stupid act in this case is that of Miceli. If Tiger ever wrote a book, I would read it, but not one by Haney or Williams. Like others have said, the interesting pieces will be discussed online anyways.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger haters aside the press uses celebrities for their own personal gain.  Some celebrities work the press and never have a negative thing written about them, while others find themselves at odds with the press and rarely get the benefit of the doubt.  Tiger has always kept to himself which infuriated the press, and guys like Micelli know if they go after Tiger at a press conference and get any sort of reaction it's going to be in the headlines of every major paper and sports blog.

Like him or not as a person he makes golf more exciting and is good for golf.  Miller and others couldn't say enough good things about Tiger yesterday and even though he lost to Rory there was a greater excitement in their voices than I've heard all season (which has been a pretty exciting season so far).  My wife, who hates golf (especially since I started playing), commented that it seems Tiger is back to playing well from what's she's heard, and I doubt she could name one other golfer other than Phil and Tiger.

What's even better for golf is that along with Tiger we have his old nemesis Phil playing well and new guys like Rory, Keegan, Ricky and others battling with him til the end.  This is setting up to be one of the best Masters in a long time.

Joe Paradiso

Stupid stuff, hurt his family? I'd say he did some catastrophic damage, breaking up his nuclear family, to an extent scarring his children. Before you fire back with "well look at athletes A, B and C and politicians D, E and F", just because other people have done the same thing doesn't make it any better.

I wonder if Tiger's children take his escapades as haphazardly as the rest of you, come to think of it how often does he even see them?

Originally Posted by Zeph

I don't get Tiger haters. Why spend so much time on someone you don't like? Tiger's done some stupid stuff, most of which hurt his family, but that's two years ago. He was asked a question and chose not to reply, and he is being the bad guy? Next time you want to bash Tiger, find something that he really did, because the only stupid act in this case is that of Miceli.

If Tiger ever wrote a book, I would read it, but not one by Haney or Williams.

Like others have said, the interesting pieces will be discussed online anyways.

I agree that he made a mess of his personal life.  If you're not one of Tiger kids, a relative or friend of theirs why do you care so much about what he did in his personal life?

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Stupid stuff, hurt his family? I'd say he did some catastrophic damage, breaking up his nuclear family, to an extent scarring his children. Before you fire back with "well look at athletes A, B and C and politicians D, E and F", just because other people have done the same thing doesn't make it any better.

I wonder if Tiger's children take his escapades as haphazardly as the rest of you, come to think of it how often does he even see them?

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by RichF

Quote:

Then why wouldn't Woods say this and summarily dismiss the whole affair? Why be so about something as pedestrian as everyone is saying?

If he had NO PROBLEM talking about and denying the Gallea/PEDs affair, then why the stare, and brush-off and the emotional wavering of the voice in that interview?

Look, we all know what happened here, it doesn't take a genius (or even any of the blind Woods-ites on this Forum) to figure it out:

The facts is, Woods went to the SEAL base in 2006 and got to play around on some of their weapons.

I'm sure they thought it was ace to have him there and he most likely enjoyed himself also. Woods comes back and then can't resist telling a story about what he did there. I'm sure he told this story to not only Haney but a couple of the hangers-on he was hanging out with at the time.

If the story is false, then the co-author and the publishing company could be liable, but have the Woods camp come out and denied anything?

If the story is true, all Haney has done is expose a phony.

Consider, one snippet from a book, has caused all this hoo-hah. Can you imagine when the book is released in a few weeks?

Woods was on a verge of a tearful breaking down after that Micelli Q&A;!!!

When 'The Big Miss; is released, (and don't lie - you're ALL going to go out and buy it and read it), the press will go after Woods like a drunk wolfing down a curry at 2am in the morning.Woods story gets better by the minute. Just when you think he's turned a corner and all you 'head-in-the-sand's' are going "Yeahh!! He shot a 65 - he's BACK!", something new appears.

As I said earlier, when the other 'dark demon' that should be cast out for all eternity that is Stevie, writes his book....hooooo-weeeeee!!

That is going to be a frickin' jackpot of entertainment!

You certainly are not objective when it comes to Woods and it's kind of painful to see the hate in your posts. Woods has zero obligation to answer any question about an unauthorized book by Hank Haney. Why should he even entertain such a question?

I just think a man's children should come before his penis. Why can't I be allowed to hate Tiger Woods? You love him to death, LOVE to see win, for some reason Tiger shooting a 65 is 10000% more enjoyable than Rory shooting a 65, that I don't get. Maybe someone can explain that to me?

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree that he made a mess of his personal life.  If you're not one of Tiger kids, a relative or friend of theirs why do you care so much about what he did in his personal life?

I just think a man's children should come before his penis. Why can't I be allowed to hate Tiger Woods? You love him to death, LOVE to see win, for some reason Tiger shooting a 65 is 10000% more enjoyable than Rory shooting a 65, that I don't get. Maybe someone can explain that to me?

Noboby is saying Tiger did the right thing by cheating on his wife. It was a tragedy for his family, and it obviously affected his professional life, but apart from that, I don't give a hoot what these guys do on their free time. I just want to see them play good golf. When Tiger is interviewed in the middle of a golf tournament, I expect him to be asked golf related questions. He chose not to answer one question, fine. No big deal, move on with it. Hate all you want, but there is nothing to justify bashing Tiger in the mentioned video. Tiger shooting a 65 is a bigger deal because his name is Tiger Woods and he is one of the best players through the history of time ( the best IMO). Partly because Tiger's game has not been all that the last two years, so lots of people are waiting for him to win again. Watching Rory shoot 65 will be more enjoyable than watching Tom Gilis shoot 65 because Rory is a bigger star. I don't understand why that is so hard to see.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Noboby is saying Tiger did the right thing by cheating on his wife. It was a tragedy for his family, and it obviously affected his professional life, but apart from that, I don't give a hoot what these guys do on their free time. I just want to see them play good golf. When Tiger is interviewed in the middle of a golf tournament, I expect him to be asked golf related questions. He chose not to answer one question, fine. No big deal, move on with it.

Couldn't say it any better myself. Whether Tiger is terse with the press or whether he cheated on his wife or whether he used to pick his nose in class is all irrelevant for those who enjoy watching him play golf and do well.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Somehow I am having a hard time evoking any sympathy for Tiger's kids. He effed around on his wife and paid the price - she divorced him & got googobs of money for it.

But the kids? Cmon now. They are set for life & Tiger dearly loves them. So their parents are divorced. Boo-freekin-hoo. That makes them like oh, I dunno, maybe like millions of other kids?

With the exception that they will never have to want for anything for their entire lives.

Really gang - hate Tiger if you wish, but to somehow imply he is some antichrist hedonistic life-mulcher is hardly fair. He screwed up, which makes him, ultimately, human.

Note: This thread is 4394 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!