Jump to content
IGNORED

Tiger's Death Stare at Alex Miceli


Note: This thread is 3360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Recommended Posts



Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I just think a man's children should come before his penis. Why can't I be allowed to hate Tiger Woods? You love him to death, LOVE to see win, for some reason Tiger shooting a 65 is 10000% more enjoyable than Rory shooting a 65, that I don't get. Maybe someone can explain that to me?



No one is saying that Woods didn't make a huge mistake in his personal life. You can hate him for that but from all indications he's sorry for what he did and is trying to be a better man. If that's not good enough for you or others than it's a bit sad that you don't allow forgiveness in your life than that's on you.

Regarding wanting to see Woods do well it's exciting and good for the game. There can be zero doubt that a competitive Tiger makes the PGA Tour more interesting and lucrative.

And good for Rory who is a fine young man and a terrific golfer. I love to watch his golf swing. It's a thing of beauty.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mabye I am naieve, but I wish sports reporting was more like it was when I was a kid( I am 57). Back then we could have heros for what they did on the field. I know times are different, but that doesn't mean they are better. Oh by the way, did anyone see Tiger signing autographs, surrounded by kids, after yesterday's round? He actually seemed to be enjoying himself. Could it be that he is a better guy than a lot of people think?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly doubt most of you with such negative comments on Tiger's life would be able to have your life held up under a microscope and have any "outsider" walk away thinking you're an awesome person, especially if all of the "negative" things you do are the ones that are summarized on the daily news reels. There's more coverage of the negative things tiger does and says on and off the course than there is about his foundation, the thousands of children his foundation has helped, the millions of $$$ that's he raised for charities, etc. etc. Its a sad commentary on the society that we live in, that by focusing on the bad of a celebrity's life that this brings in ratings and sells newspapers. Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion, but seriously, unless you have walked in his shoes and lived in that fishbowl of his life..................you really should just zip it.

Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by caniac6

Mabye I am naieve, but I wish sports reporting was more like it was when I was a kid( I am 57). Back then we could have heros for what they did on the field. I know times are different, but that doesn't mean they are better. Oh by the way, did anyone see Tiger signing autographs, surrounded by kids, after yesterday's round? He actually seemed to be enjoying himself. Could it be that he is a better guy than a lot of people think?



I couldn't agree more with you.  The media is too personal and too invasive.  Nobody could look good under the microscope that Tiger Woods has to live under.  I know there are plenty of things in my life that I would not want on the news . .the only reason they arent, I guess, is because I suck at golf.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You're wrong, I'm not a fan of Tiger the person, I'm a fan of Tiger the golfer.  I think he's an amazing golfer and think it's exciting he has a shot at breaking Jack's records, that's all.  Based on what I've heard, Rory is a great person and seems to be on track to be a great golfer.  He's got a long way to go before he's in conversations about being as good as Jack or Tiger, but if he gets there I'll be rooting for him to break their records too.

Off topic:

I think it's funny that the same people who trash Tiger were/are fans of Babe Ruth who was a known womanizer, drunk and gambler but it wasn't as highly publicized because the internet and cell phone cameras didn't exist to catch and document every time he screwed up.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I just think a man's children should come before his penis. Why can't I be allowed to hate Tiger Woods? You love him to death, LOVE to see win, for some reason Tiger shooting a 65 is 10000% more enjoyable than Rory shooting a 65, that I don't get. Maybe someone can explain that to me?



Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades


Who are these same people you refer to? I don't even follow baseball, at all.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

You're wrong, I'm not a fan of Tiger the person, I'm a fan of Tiger the golfer.  I think he's an amazing golfer and think it's exciting he has a shot at breaking Jack's records, that's all.  Based on what I've heard, Rory is a great person and seems to be on track to be a great golfer.  He's got a long way to go before he's in conversations about being as good as Jack or Tiger, but if he gets there I'll be rooting for him to break their records too.

Off topic:

I think it's funny that the same people who trash Tiger were/are fans of Babe Ruth who was a known womanizer, drunk and gambler but it wasn't as highly publicized because the internet and cell phone cameras didn't exist to catch and document every time he screwed up.



Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A number of friends and family members are Tiger haters but all love Babe Ruth.  I should have made it clearer I wasn't talking about you, sorry.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Who are these same people you refer to? I don't even follow baseball, at all.



Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

y'all area allowed to hate tiger.

people are allowed to ask tiger questions.

tiger is allowed to not answer questions he doesnt want to answer.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry, I'm late to this thread... But how is this an issue in the way Tiger responded?  Hhahahaa  Society is over sensitive.  I mean really?  Unless this video has been edited, I don't see the issue at all with the way Tiger responded to Alex Miceli.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Stupid stuff, hurt his family? I'd say he did some catastrophic damage, breaking up his nuclear family, to an extent scarring his children. Before you fire back with "well look at athletes A, B and C and politicians D, E and F", just because other people have done the same thing doesn't make it any better.

I wonder if Tiger's children take his escapades as haphazardly as the rest of you, come to think of it how often does he even see them?





Originally Posted by newtogolf

I agree that he made a mess of his personal life.  If you're not one of Tiger kids, a relative or friend of theirs why do you care so much about what he did in his personal life?


Exactly, newtogolf!  Did what Tiger do on his free time affect YOUR life in any way?  Unless one of those chicks he slept with was your wife, your mom or your sister, it shouldn't have affected you one bit!  You have the right to think he is a scumbag, but not the right to judge people on sandtrap.com for not giving a crap what he does on his free time. Ya know?  He is really good at putting a little white ball into a hole in the ground...a lot of us just leave it at that.

Link to post
Share on other sites


So as long as what someone does, regardless of how heinous it may, does NOT affect me directly, then I have no good grounds for disliking said individual as long as he does something else very well. Ok, got it.

Isn't funny how Tiger came out of his shell the VERY SAME WEEK as this big controversy. I believe we all owe a solid "three cheers" to Alex Miceli for driving Tiger to excellence again.

Originally Posted by jhwmusic

Exactly, newtogolf!  Did what Tiger do on his free time affect YOUR life in any way?  Unless one of those chicks he slept with was your wife, your mom or your sister, it shouldn't have affected you one bit!  You have the right to think he is a scumbag, but not the right to judge people on sandtrap.com for not giving a crap what he does on his free time. Ya know?  He is really good at putting a little white ball into a hole in the ground...a lot of us just leave it at that.



Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watched his reaction and answer to Miceli's question and feel he kept his cool and tried to move on. Personally I think he(Miceli) is a pompas a-- for bringing up something he knew what the answer was going to be when he asked it. When I look at Alex M I think, did he look in the mirrow before he left home and how in the world he has kept from having his a-- beat at every turn in the road with the mouth he has. His reporting is boring and his physical looks do not even suggest he has or will ever be an athlete. Who would you rather play a round of golf with or go out on the town with. So why should his opinion on what will be the greatest golfer to come along in this generation mean to anyone. Folks like him never have to face anyone man to man they just hide behind their media badge and can rub everyone and everything how they feel without feeling the pain they deserve for being a real coward inside their own skin. Why not be polite and let the man deal with his personal problems. I have heard the old tale "That no matter how good looking she might be  - someone - somewhere is tired of putting up with her s---.Maybe his ex was where all the problems started.Her background -his- more money than one can ever think-now two kids-I got him now-he can't leave without making me rich.  I know plenty married me who have the same problem and it usually starts in their bedroon.

Tiger is not a Jack N. Jack is not a Sam Sneed and Sam was not a Byron Nelson and no one was a Walter Hagen. So what?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Easy Tiger!  That isn't even close to what I said....I probably should have split that into separate paragraphs to make my point more clear.   I was just saying you shouldn't judge someone on sandtrap.com for not caring what Tiger does on his free time.  That's all!  You have the right to think he is the biggest scumbag on the planet...I could care less.  I just personally don't care what he does...i just like to watch him play golf.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

So as long as what someone does, regardless of how heinous it may, does NOT affect me directly, then I have no good grounds for disliking said individual as long as he does something else very well. Ok, got it.

Isn't funny how Tiger came out of his shell the VERY SAME WEEK as this big controversy. I believe we all owe a solid "three cheers" to Alex Miceli for driving Tiger to excellence again.



Link to post
Share on other sites


I agree with the new guy!   I am not condoning what Tiger did or cheating on your wife in any way...and this is all hypothetical speaking.   so here we go.......How do we know that Elin wasn't just a gold digging b whose true colors shined after they got married and had a couple kids?....he obviously had to be unhappy to do what he did.  My best friend went through a divorce like this....except for she cheated on him and she got his small 401K, 2008 Honda Accord and their condo, not $350 million, ten cars and a mansion.  Indiana is a no fault state...its awesome!!!  Anyway...They met, she was so caring and innocent and beautiful, so he bought a ring, proposed and they got married...fast forward one year and they haven't had sex in 4 months, she talks down to him in front of people, sits on her ass all day, and has racked up $25,000 in credit card debt all in his name...and now my friend is divorced, living in a 1 bedroom apartment while still making the payments on the condo, and  trying to dig himself out of debt all at the same time.  Point being, Tiger probably had it with her for a long time prior to the cheating, but just didn't want to go through the public scrutiny of divorcing his wife and dealing with the press.  So like a total dumbass, he thought he could just go out sleep around, pay the chicks off as he pleased and not get caught.  We all know the rest of the story.   This is just a theory, but like I said, he couldn't have been happy with his marriage if he was doing what he was doing.  Nobody just does it to do it.  Every guy thinks about sleeping with that super model on TV or the hot girl that just passed him in grocery store.  The difference is that the happily married guys, just think about it but would never act on it.  The unhappily married guys actually think they can get away it and never do.

I actually brought this theory up to my wife during the scandal....and though she almost kicked me square in the balls, she thought about for awhile, and she kinda understood where I was coming from... and now trusts me more than ever.  Which she should, because I am happily married and would NEVER cheat on her with ANYONE!  Except with Heidi Klum, but my wife also told me I would get a free pass if this opportunity ever came about.  Guess who is single now?!?!?   ha ha!  Jk.  I would still never.   I'm sure I am going to a lot of hate comments but I really don't care.

Originally Posted by jr1961

I watched his reaction and answer to Miceli's question and feel he kept his cool and tried to move on. Personally I think he(Miceli) is a pompas a-- for bringing up something he knew what the answer was going to be when he asked it. When I look at Alex M I think, did he look in the mirrow before he left home and how in the world he has kept from having his a-- beat at every turn in the road with the mouth he has. His reporting is boring and his physical looks do not even suggest he has or will ever be an athlete. Who would you rather play a round of golf with or go out on the town with. So why should his opinion on what will be the greatest golfer to come along in this generation mean to anyone. Folks like him never have to face anyone man to man they just hide behind their media badge and can rub everyone and everything how they feel without feeling the pain they deserve for being a real coward inside their own skin. Why not be polite and let the man deal with his personal problems. I have heard the old tale "That no matter how good looking she might be  - someone - somewhere is tired of putting up with her s---.Maybe his ex was where all the problems started.Her background -his- more money than one can ever think-now two kids-I got him now-he can't leave without making me rich.  I know plenty married me who have the same problem and it usually starts in their bedroon.

Tiger is not a Jack N. Jack is not a Sam Sneed and Sam was not a Byron Nelson and no one was a Walter Hagen. So what?



Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Administrator

jh, let's please avoid speculating, okay? If you want to claim that you couldn't care less about Tiger's personal life, it doesn't behoove you to write a big ol' paragraph about Tiger's hypothetical personal life, know what I mean?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by iacas

jh, let's please avoid speculating, okay? If you want to claim that you couldn't care less about Tiger's personal life, it doesn't behoove you to write a big ol' paragraph about Tiger's hypothetical personal life, know what I mean?



Okay...my bad.  You are right..  You can delete it if you want

Link to post
Share on other sites

All of this amazes me.  We invest soo much time into what athletes do and don't do outside of their sport it's incredible.

Regarding the media, anyone who is upset at Tiger's spat with Alex really hasn't been watching ALL of the recent media interviews Tiger has been giving lately.  IMO, Tiger over the last several months has been great in his post tournament interviews.  He's answered more questions about what's going on in his game than I ever (everyone criticizes him about no talking about what he's working on) and specifically, he's been VERY open on his issues with his putting.  Furthermore, Tiger has been smiling, joking here and there and that's all really we should expect from him.

Alex Miceli is an ass and was very strategic at getting under Tiger's skin during that interview.  It's pathetic in my eyes that he had to bring it to that level when all that mattered was the Golf tournament.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3360 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • Support TST Affiliates

    TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Posts

    • Pretty hard for settings that are around infinity for the most part to be out of focus. Time for a new TV.  
    • Jack Nicklaus has small hands and uses an interlocking grip.  Give it a try and see what you think.
    • Sandbox in the mornings might end up being a good thing. I’ve read some comments from people on the internet that say it’s a good way to warm up and get a feel for the conditions before you play.
    • I can't thank you guys enough, this looks great!  (I hope this is the proper use of the multiple dancing  banana)
    • Hands aren't tiny, but with wrist line to middle finger tip being just under 7.5 inches and my middle finger coming in at 3 inches long, my hand is mostly palm. I've tried to replicate things like this but I just can't keep my fingers consistently wrapped around the grip, especially the pinky and especially when trying to have the fingers perpendicular to the grip along the 'palmar digital crease' as written in that thread. That's with a standard grip with no extra wraps. I feel like the grip moves in my hand and I tend to get weird skinny callouses on the blue lines here. This may be more that my hand doesn't like cord, but still. If you numbered the segments 1 to 3 with 1 being by the finger tip, I feel like my hand is more comfortable when the grip is aligned diagonally in lead hand, resting on the pinky on segment 3 (slash the crease below) and resting on the index on segment 2 (slash the crease below). I also know that just because it's comfortable doesn't mean it's functionally right. When I do manage to execute a full swing without feeling the club moving in my hand it obviously feels insanely crisp and solid in comparison to other swings when it moves. I just bought a full set of Undersize Tour Wrap Microsuede to test out a handful on clubs, before I regrip all 13, but I figured I'd run these thoughts past TST. I'm going to try to share a video taking my grip later today or tomorrow morning.
  • Today's Birthdays

    1. Dan42nepa
      Dan42nepa
      (65 years old)
    2. James Dalton
      James Dalton
      (80 years old)
    3. JMHARDING
      JMHARDING
      (31 years old)
    4. mwh1023
      mwh1023
      (54 years old)
    5. Skeesh
      Skeesh
      (49 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...