IGNORED

Share Your Personal Course Pictures

Note: This thread is 1613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think I just found my new favorite thread!!  I wish i had more pictures of some of the courses I have played... From now on I am going to take a few pics whenever i am at a beautiful course... Especially since I have an awesome camera on my phone! No excuses lol! I will try to search my computer for pictures from palouse ridge and various courses in palm springs.

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

Originally Posted by Pakoh

Poipu Bay, Kauai

This^^^  is the reason I stated that Poipu Bay was my favorite place to play!! great picture!

Bag:

DriverG25 or  XCG5 11.5* 3++ fairway wood

3w:  XCG6 15*

*5w: XCG6 18* (out if I bag my 3-iron)

Irons: Rocketbladez tour  3-pw(47*) (I sometimes bag the 3 iron but usually the 5w) 

Wedges:   SM-4  52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Versa #7 (white on black)

An amazing morning out there today.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some awesome, awesome courses in this thread.  I've only it made it through about half the pages in this thread but I can already say it sucks being stuck in eastern PA.  There are sooooooo many great courses on the west coast, in the mountains, desert, near the ocean etc. I look forward to going through the rest of the thread.  I want to play them all!

Driving Range at the Dragon

A look down the first hole 533 par 5 fairway slopes hard to the right with a very narrow lay up

one of the hardest opening holes I have had a chance to play

• Upvote 1

A little intimidated after scanning through this thread, I can only dream of playing on some of the courses all of you are playing on. In SW Ohio, we don't get the scenery that some of you are lucky to enjoy. I will throw in a couple of photos to the discussion. One is from Myrtle Beach, the rest are from various courses that I've taken photos of in SW Ohio.

photos were taken with my cell phone camera and do not do any of the courses justice.

The view from the Par 3,18th green at The Dunes Golf and Beach Club In Myrtle Beach, SC. Truly a beautiful course. One of the nicest courses I have played.

View from the tee on #11 at Cassel Hills Golf Club in Vandalia, OH . One of my favorite holes in the area.

View from the tips at the finishing hole at Shaker Run Golf Club in Lebanon, OH

The 17th at Windy Knoll Golf Club in Springfield, OH . Nice short par 4 that is very drivable even from the tips, but bunkers surround the green and they usually let the hills grow to a nice thick rough. Windy Knoll is one of my favorite courses in the area, for the money it can't be beat.

In The Bag

Driver: Taylormade Supertri 9.5

3 Wood: Titleist 909 F2 

Hybrid: Adams 

Irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP64

Wedges: Vokey SM2 56* and 60*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback #1

This iphone picture doesn't really do it justice, but it's beautiful view on the par 3 17th at Cortez Golf Course in Hot Springs Village. The second picture I didn't take but is a better view of it.

This one is my uncle teeing off on a great par 3 at Bluewater Bay in Destin. It was incredibly tough the day we played, wind was around 30mph all day and it was coming straight off the bay on this hole, but it's a great view.

Originally Posted by smellysell

Nothing too exciting, but always makes me happy to see the goslings out.

Filthy animals. Glad we have fox hanging around this year. Few geese, and fewer babies (fox get the eggs).

Bill M

Originally Posted by RobCWhatUp

Some awesome, awesome courses in this thread.  I've only it made it through about half the pages in this thread but I can already say it sucks being stuck in eastern PA.  There are sooooooo many great courses on the west coast, in the mountains, desert, near the ocean etc. I look forward to going through the rest of the thread.  I want to play them all!

You can't be serious. We have some of the best courses in the country in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Bill M

A little intimidated after scanning through this thread, I can only dream of playing on some of the courses all of you are playing on. In SW Ohio, we don't get the scenery that some of you are lucky to enjoy. I will throw in a couple of photos to the discussion. One is from Myrtle Beach, the rest are from various courses that I've taken photos of in SW Ohio. photos were taken with my cell phone camera and do not do any of the courses justice. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/76254/] [/URL] The view from the Par 3,18th green at The Dunes Golf and Beach Club In Myrtle Beach, SC. Truly a beautiful course. One of the nicest courses I have played.

That's a nice pic of the par 3 at Dunes Club. But thats hole #9, not #18. And I agree about how nice the course is. One of my favorites. Here are a couple pics I took from the Dunes Club. It was back in January when the rough was still dormant from winter. Below is a view from the tee of the 245 yard par 3, 12th hole, with almost all the carry over water.

Originally Posted by MyrtleBeachGolf

That's a nice pic of the par 3 at Dunes Club. But thats hole #9, not #18. And I agree about how nice the course is. One of my favorites.

You are correct, I forgot that we started on the back nine, and finished on number 9. It had rained the entire day before and the morning when we played it, but by time we finished it was nice and sunny. Definitely my favorite of the courses we played down in Myrtle Beach last summer.

In The Bag

thought maybe we could post some pictures of the courses you all are playing, might be a sweet thread with links to courses and some pictures etc?? give us a few ideas where to travel to! nice pictures of signature holes perhaps??

this is my local

http://www.northviewgolf.com

theres 2 courses here Ridge and Canal but they r both beauties!

That is a nice idea and there's already a pretty nice thread going with personal course pictures:

http://thesandtrap.com/t/56097/share-your-personal-course-pictures

In The Bag

I played this course on Monday (www.oldworks.org) and had an absolute blast.  This course is in the middle of nowhere (Anaconda, Montana ... 30 minutes northwest of Butte) and gets very little play.  It's a Nicklaus signature course that plays over 7700 yards from the tips.  I played the "Gold" tees, one up from the tips, which were still over 7200 yards, with a rating of 73.8/129 and shot a (for me) fantastic 78.  Sadly, as is frequently the case, it could have/should have been a lot better, as I sat at +1 on the 15th tee, and +3 on the 18th tee, yet still managed a +6.  Whoops.  Anyways, enough yapping, lets see the pictures ...

Above is the 555 yd par 5 3rd hole in the foreground, and the 454 yd par 4 5th just beyond.

An overall view of the front nine, with the town and the "new works" copper smelter in the distance (also not in use anymore)

3rd green in the foreground, 8th fairway beyond, and 7th tee on top of the giant "pile" of slag (the black stuff)

The 4th (bottom) and 8th (top) greens, with a good view of one of their signature slag bunkers.  (All bunkers should be filled with this stuff - its perfect sand)

The 427 yd, par 4 9th hole.

Something else unique (at least to me) about this course is the "practice course" ... 3 holes in a "U" shape around the driving range.  This is the 3rd hole.

And here is another picture of both the 3rd practice hole (left) and the 9th hole of the big course.  The width of the 9th fairway is pretty indicative of the entire course.  The entire course had very generous landing areas, as well as enormous greens.  According the the nice lady in the pro shop, these are typical features of Nicklaus designed courses.  I wouldn't know, it's the first one I've played, but I believe her, as there were several greens that were over 40 yards deep, with one being almost 50 yards deep!

All in all, this was a fantastic course.  There was hardly a soul on the course other than me and my dad, although we did play on a Monday morning.  I have a hunch though, that even on weekends they're not going to be that busy, because, like I said, the middle of nowhere!  Additionally, it was $45 if you wanted to walk, $55 to ride.  Can't beat that!!

• Upvote 2

I play Old Works 3 or 4 times a summer. It really is a great course.

~Justin

R11 9.5* w/Matrix Ozik Code 6.2
Taylormade 14* V-Steel w/ProLaunch Blue
Taylormade 16.5* V-Steel w/Aldila NV
Taylormade 21* V-Steel w/Dyanlite Gold S300
Mizuno MX 23 5-6 w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Mizuno MP 32 7-PW w/Rifel 5.5 SSx2
Callaway X-Forged 52*, 56*, 60*
Mizuno 0803 Custom Slighter

Note: This thread is 1613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!