IGNORED

Share Your Personal Course Pictures

Note: This thread is 1607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow i have always wanted to go up to tomahawk, I plan on going to the devils tower course this april im excited they let you play a guest pass for 125.00 im a member at hart ranch i wish i had pics

Originally Posted by Doodaddy

I went and checked the websites of the two nicest courses I know of within 50 miles of me. They are private only, but guests can fees are $95 & $75 if you are with a member. So I'll still be at my $18 with cart and never post pictures of it.

Kissimmee Oaks, FL, 26 $ (oktober) including cart.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Rick Martin

You guys are killing me w/ these pictures - making me jealous. Living down here in FLA, you get used to having very similar courses. Great to see courses w/ hills, mountains, valleys, huge pine trees.

Same here, but Fl that bad? Celebration GC, FL

Originally Posted by Pblock45

Wow i have always wanted to go up to tomahawk, I plan on going to the devils tower course this april im excited they let you play a guest pass for 125.00 im a member at hart ranch i wish i had pics

No golf today.

Bill M

Played Bayhill this weekend and it was awesome. The wind was blowing so hard that the forecaddie said under tournament conditions they would have called it for the day but we played on. Unfortunately Arnie wasn't there this weekend so we will have to go back again and see him. Here are a few pics just before it got real dark. You can see the headlights from the cart on the pic of 18. Also note the grandstands (its getting close to tournament time). This course has one of the best sets of finishing holes I have ever played. 16,17,18 are all just great holes that provide challenges and are fun to play.

17 Green Bayhill

18 Green from approach shot Bayhill

Bag:  ping.gif Hoofer

Driver: titleist.gif 910D2 9.5* Ahina 72

Irons: titleist.gif AP2 712

Hybrid: adams.gif Idea A12 19*

Wedges: cleveland.gif 58* vokey.gif 52*

Putter:  odyssey.gif DFX 2 Ball Blade

Dormant grass makes courses look so much more unappealing........  I noticed this after uploading the pictures and then seeing pictures from during the summer, but here's an honest look at what every course here in NC looks like in February.  At least I'm still playing, and nothing closes down for the winter here.

Here's #3 green, which is representative of the typical green.  Mound on one side, everything feeds one way, and a false front.

Here's the tee shot on #4.  I am standing on the middle tees, my buddy Dan is teeing up from the senior tees.  This hole is deceptive.  It's a very short hole (340 from the middle), but has that huge pine tree in the middle of the fairway.  From the tee, it looks like the shot is just to the right of the tree, but that's not true.  If you go right, you can easily be blocked out from the green by the tree and it's limbs that stick out and have a huge bunker between you and the typical pin placement.  The green is actually just to the right of the tree that's to the right of the fairway. THE shot is a slight fade around the left side of the tree, which gives you a good angle into the green and takes both bunkers, left and right out of play.  There's a lot more room to the left than it appears from the tee, both in pictures and in person.

Pinehurst #4, 5th Hole. The unpleasant conclusion of an 8 hour trip down.

All men are frauds.  The only difference between them is some men admit it.  I myself deny it. - HLM

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Challenge at Manele Bay, Four Seasons, Lanai.  One of my favorite courses I've ever played.  And if you note the ball position, I was hitting it pretty well that day too.

Middle of the 10th Fairway, about 160 to the back-left flag.

10th Green

11th Green--this is a 590-yard downhill par-5.

12th Tee:  this one was 195 to carry the bunker; 220 to the flag.

12th Green

• Upvote 1

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

And if you note the ball position, I was hitting it pretty well that day too.

you're already playing an amazing course - you don't have to gloat about your play, too

Note: This thread is 1607 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• TST Partners

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    ShotScope
    The Stack System
    FlightScope Mevo
    Direct: Mevo, Mevo+, and Pro Package.

Coupon Codes (save 10-15%): "IACAS" for Mevo/Stack, "IACASPLUS" for Mevo+/Pro Package, and "THESANDTRAP" for ShotScope.
    • Two things I bring up when it comes to this discussion. One is if you have let's say two towns next to each other, one has a population of 10,000 people and the other has a population of 1,000 people. Let's also say that they never play golf against each other. Only among themselves. In the first town, you have one guy who has won 15 events, then a couple of guys who won 6, a couple who won four and a bunch of people who won three, two and one events. In the second town, you have one guy who won 18 events, then a guy who won 11, a guy who won 9, a guy who won 8, a couple who won 7, a couple who won 3-5 and then a few 2s and a few 1s. Who's the best golfer? It's possible it's the guy who won 18, but it's pretty unlikely. Far more likely to be the guy who won 15 in the much bigger town.  In the same way, I view the fact that there is more parity in the 1990 and onwards world than there was in the pre 1990 world as a plus for Tiger. It's much harder to stand out if the fields are deeper, stronger, better. If there are a handful of players who win all of them, that tends to suggest weakness to me, not strength. The other thing is Ed White. Harvey Penick talked about him in one of his books. Ridiculously good at the game, but no one ever heard of him, because he got a job and didn't play professionally. There was no money in it and he needed security, so he took a job that paid him steadily. No clue how many people there are out there like him, but if he was around today, he'd be playing pro golf for sure. If he had played professionally, Penick sure seemed to think he'd have been one of the best of all time. Fred Haas played him in a college match and got stuffed. 40 years later he walked into Penick's shop and saw Ed White's picture on the wall and, after a full career playing pro golf, he said that Ed White was the best player he ever saw. Those 40 years would presumably have included at least some of Jack. I can see why people might say Jack is the GOAT. I don't agree, but I can at least understand why they say it. IMO there is no argument you can make for anyone other than Tiger to be the BOAT though. At least not yet.
    • A good option is to play the Par 3 courses. after playing an 18 -hole round. The Par 3 courses have 18 holes, we usually played only 9 holes after playing 36 holes on each of the trips we had. You may want to check out Grand National while you're in the middle of Alabama. I enjoyed Oxmoor Valley and Ross Bridge courses which are a short drive north.
    • In August, I am playing the World Am in Myrtle Beach. I do not know which courses yet, but should be a blast. Aside from that, those are the only golf trip plans, unless I play while on vacation in Destin in June.
    • Even on a perfect center hit I was receiving at most 1.48 smash factor. 10 days ago on the warming up for a round my Driver made a weird sound, I checked the bottom and it was cracked. Don't know for how long it was cracked but at least this time the crack was easy visible. Maybe it was already cracked before but with a more subtle crack?.. don't know. I'm waiting for TaylorMade to approve the warranty and send me a new head. I was using the Stealth Plus, I will take the opportunity and upgrade it to the Qi10 LS paying the difference.  On Sunday with my old Titleist 915 and softer balls I was reaching 1.5, even 1.51 on center hits. Test didn't went well. Only gained 2..3 miles, not worth pursuing. Figured out that with a ball and with a target, my path was way to in to out with this new idea, so in order to move the club in the correct path I needed to slow down to redirect the club on the downswing or aim more to the right, close the face a play a big hook.. not possible. I already play a big draw with Driver, more curvature is unplayable. Yesterday at home, with no ball messed around with a more neutral path, even swinging a little out to in. It felt a lot more in sync with the body. With a big in to out path it feels like my hands are working right, away from the body, when the body is working to rotate to the left. With the path to the left is was easier to apply force thru the hitting zone.  As always tested 10 swings with my current swing (A), and 10 with this little out to in path(B).  The difference was huge, like 12 miles faster with swing (B). I knew something wasn't right. The fact was that the PRGR was aligned more in line with the (B) path so it of course was giving higher speeds. I proceeded to align it with the (A) path and tested again 5 more swings each. Again (B) was faster but only by 5 miles. (Made a tiny experiment moving the PRGR to a more extreme in to out path and the swings register 25/30% slower for both swings, so it wasn't reading properly at that angle) Finally I moved the PRGR in the middle of both paths, and this time (B) won by 9 miles. Off course, this was without a ball and a target so.. I will be hitting the range tomorrow to see the real difference.            
    • Wordle 1,032 3/6 ⬜🟨⬜🟨⬜ ⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜ 🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 😲

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...