IGNORED

Share Your Personal Course Pictures

Note: This thread is 1615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Cherokee Valley GC Tigerville, SC

#15 par 3 200 yards

20160818_080653.jpg

• Upvote 1

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Hardspoon said:

Just had to one-up me, huh? Showoff.

:-P

At the Washakie Country Club in North Branch Michigan.  

Your pic just reminded me of the course I played earlier in the year.      ;-)

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

• Administrator
15 hours ago, Hardspoon said:

One of the carved "Bogeymen" at Birdsfoot Golf Club, Pittsburgh, PA:

image.jpeg

Good dynamic range there. ;-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

On 8/18/2016 at 11:38 AM, coachjimsc said:

Cherokee Valley GC Tigerville, SC

#15 par 3 200 yards

20160818_080653.jpg

I know where I'd like to retire. Beautiful image.

I spent several summers in Hendersonville, NC as a kid and it's a different world. My wife and I have considered relocating to Western SC in another 10 years. I think they refer to the area as the foothills of the Appalachians. I had to check out the golf courses in that state. Seems to be an abundance of them.

Jon

14051836_10210788122598298_1148758808413599263_n.jpg?oh=07541c86ea05902a9ea5129a4175ec1e&oe=5881A570    Chambers bay, site of the 2015 Us open with a few of my friends sizing up the par 3 15th.  Hole 15 (Lone Fir) – This short par 3 plays from an elevated tee and is fully exposed to the prevailing wind, making club selection critical. The well-defended green slopes from left to right. Standing watch in the distance, the Lone Fir is the only tree on the course.

On 2/16/2016 at 3:44 AM, boogielicious said:

Beautiful!

I always wanted to play Anaconda. Nice shot of those signature bunkers

The view from the top of the hill(3rd tee) 20160912_030217.jpg at Bridge of Allan Scotland,  my dad's course so I have some fantastic memories playing that track.  Maybe not the best course in the world but certainly has a special place in my heart. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

wow.  Golf courses are really outstanding works of art.  I think someone else eluded to it, but I can't think of another sport where you have the opportunity to be exposed to so much beauty while playing.

Here is a shot of my home course.  This is from the T at #9 at Camas Meadows in the Vancouver WA area.  Thats Mt. Hood in the background.  I'm new to golf and have only played here twice.  I'm booked for Monday, so I'll try to take a few more.

20160821_223331790_iOS.jpg

Edited by Brad W

A couple of memories from a recent visit to Brora in Scotland. More here sunstonelinks.scot/blog

25 6th Brora.jpg

27 9th Brora.jpg

31 Wildlife Brora.jpg

On 9/12/2016 at 2:09 AM, Steviestuboy said:

The view from the top of the hill(3rd tee) 20160912_030217.jpg at Bridge of Allan Scotland,  my dad's course so I have some fantastic memories playing that track.  Maybe not the best course in the world but certainly has a special place in my heart. 

Studied at Stirling Uni so also have fond memories.

Here are a couple more from my home course - Camas Meadows

From the clubhouse looking up #18 fairway.  #18 is a tricky one at 427 from the white T's.  It is a dogleg to the left which turns at around 200 yds, so getting to the turn on your T shot is pretty straight forward.  Then you have another 200'ish yds to the green.  Most people choose to lay up to the water hazard then a wedge to the green.... on in three makes for a tough putt :)

And then my wife on the fairway on #14 (I think)

IMG_1181.JPG

IMG_1183.JPG

Edited by Brad W

• 2 months later...

I was post #4 on this thread back in 2012 and at the time had 5,000 golf course photos on my webshots page. Webshots shortly thereafter closed down. I now have 18,000 golf course photos on my Flickr page. Check it out./ Course are listed alphabetically except that the first few are the most recent ones I've photographed. 

sabram's golf course photos - more than 400 courses

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Because everyone gets bored of blue skies now and again! Crazy winds and serious mood-lighting! First hole has the signature lighthouse behind the green and a great linksy fairway, second is a 114 yard par three that played about 140 yesterday.

IMG_0048.thumb.JPG.65f122354f0d6c2f1e9804f28a4130db.JPG

IMG_0049.thumb.JPG.7281c6093fbfc5b07f104ca42dff55df.JPG

Edited by b101
  • Upvote 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

They just updated our website and there is a nice picture that they added.

18th green looking at Clubhouse

58cff591ea9f2_sgcc18.thumb.gif.97db1f1976487dc9be37c4ab8580a538.gif

This picture is the 4th green.  Hole 3 is across the water.

SGCC.thumb.gif.5395bb642421914b633e4c020aef8474.gif

• Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Note: This thread is 1615 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!