Sign in to follow this  
TourSpoon

2012 WGC Cadillac - TPC Blue Monster at Doral Discussion Thread

Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

363 posts / 17043 viewsLast Reply

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

So close! I really wanted Bubba to win it too, oh well.

This for sure. After the bombs and lasers clinic he put on all week, it's a shame his Sunday game didn't hold up.

Wasn't rooting for Rose, but I can't knock the guy, either.

Bubba just needs a Sunday chill pill and he should close better. I'm aware he has ADD/ADHD, but I  wonder if he suffers from mild anxiety?

Nice and solid golf through the week by Rose. A good win. Rose has been ready to take the step up for many years now and has really improved the last couple of years. 23 birdies, 7 bogies, no worse. Tiger or no Tiger, I'm looking forward to an exciting Masters in three weeks.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tough rooting today, I'm a "kid" from the Tony Jacklin era so wanted to see my homeboy Rose win, or Bubba. I'd have been happy with either winning, maybe moreso with Bubba, as he's not so often in the running to win.

I hate to jump in but nobody should talk about how peoples parents...you know that is gonna get someone fired up and react. or call anyone a fa$%ot...that's just an ugly word k-troop...I would hope you would be bigger than that. Just end it and move on. Way to go J.Rose!....you got me a 20 point bonus in fantasy and made up for Tiger's WD! And way to go Vandy! ...taking down Kentucky...just like my HOOSIERS!!! Can't wait for the tourney!

Is Trump afraid of showing his head or something? Looks a bit silly with his red cap and baggy pants up there.

And we have some breaking news being reported by Steve Sands on Golf Channel. Apparently the medics provided tiger with not 1 but 2 ice packs!!! And he babbled for 3 minutes about if Tiger doesn't provide a Doctor's excuse (Note) within 14 days or he will be fined or suspended... he may receive an after school suspension as well. Way to kill time, Steve.

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

Bubba just needs a Sunday chill pill and he should close better. I'm aware he has ADD/ADHD, but I  wonder if he suffers from mild anxiety?

He needs to undo a couple of buttons on his shirt.

Originally Posted by Zeph

Is Trump afraid of showing his head or something? Looks a bit silly with his red cap and baggy pants up there.

comb_over_protector_embroidered_hat-p233767096846317995zj2p4_152.jpg

Any further posts by two individuals (brocks and k-troop) about the OT crap that I had to remove will result in a lengthy stay in the Penalty Box. Knock it off, and talk about golf. Both of you are guilty of misbehaving.

Look, I understand about dancing with what ya brung, but at some point you'd think Bubba would have dialed it back off the tee with a 3-wood or even an iron. I really think he threw that tournament away by being stubborn.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxsoultonesxx

He needs to undo a couple of buttons on his shirt.

Or wear a tie.

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Look, I understand about dancing with what ya brung, but at some point you'd think Bubba would have dialed it back off the tee with a 3-wood or even an iron. I really think he threw that tournament away by being stubborn.

It appears to me that he did a great job keeping himself emotionally in check for three days. I'm guessing this requires a significant amount of energy on Bubba's part, and he simply ran out of steam. He was rushing shots out there, he was obviously frustrated/flustered by his mistakes.  All he REALLY needed to do today was keep his ball dry, and I agree that using his 3W, and maybe getting some input from his caddie could have won him a trophy today.

Originally Posted by Ping

Excellent summary..spot-on..he quit because he couldn't win.

Majors > WGCs > Regular PGA Tour events

I think that simple "formula" explains why:

a) he stuck it out as long as he did

b) he quit when he did

Originally Posted by zipazoid

Bubba's got a bit of Mickelson in him.   Sometime you just need to take your foot off the gas and hit safe shots to win the tournament.   Both he and Phil love to engage in heroics and sometimes it costs them.  Sadly, neither of them seem to be able to hit a fairway in the clutch.

I will admit though, Bubba's short game was exceptional this weekend.  He's really smooth with his wedges.

Note: This thread is 3149 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!