IGNORED

2011-2012 NHL season

Grndslmhttr3
Note:Β This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

I can't see him being back unless it's firmly as the back-up. Leafs need a #1 - if Reimer can bounce back the head shots (never was the same guy after he got clocked) he has a chance, but Jonas G just looks clumsy in there at times. Strange. But if I had to make a call on whether he'd be back or not, I'd say no, but he's a Burke guy so who knows. It'll be interesting to see what happens this MLB season. American East is so tough, but I think the Jays will give the Yanks and your Sox a run for their money this year if the bullpen can keep it together. Should be fun to watch.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it's weird Jonas never really looked comfortable in the leafs net. I was able to see a lot of him in his rookie year and even got to skate with the leafs during one of their practices. Jonas is a weird player. Great movement, does everything right just never able to really pull it together in game situations. I agree, I don't think he will be back next year, however, there are not many good goalies out there this FA season. Unless we can swing a deal for a goalie. Do you think we will try to make a move for Rick Nash, I don't see Tyler Bozak being our number 1 centre for much longer. He's a good third line centre. The Blue Jays get help from playing in the Skydome which everyone knows is a hitter friendly park like you say it will come down to their bullpen. Im concerned for the sox this year they lost a lot of important players and I don't like the Marco Scutaro trade.

At the same time I still think Reimer can bounce back and be a good goalie again. We don't need our goalies to stand on their heads just need to be decent enough to give us a chance to win.

I think Reimer can bounce back, plus they have some decent guys in the minors. But you're right, not a lot in the way of FAs. Would love to see Nash in TO, but his contract is a problem. Don't think it'll happen. I hope they stay on course and don't trade away all their assets and picks looking for a quick fix.

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* :Β Fairway - Ping G30 18* :Β Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* &Β 915 H 24* :Β Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 ForgedΒ 5Β - GW :Β Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 :Β Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio SelectΒ Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-RΒ  :Β Ball - Bridgestone B330RX,Β Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I don't think they will despite what most of the fans think Brian Burke has done a great job with the team other than drafting Kadri, I would like to see Joe Colbourne playing more for the big boys, and we've got some good players in Jussi Rynnas, and Korbinian Holzer.

Although I would love to see Luke Schenn, Dion Phaneuf, and Mike Komisarek shipped out for chewing tobacco tins for Burkie, it's sad when our best defensive man is a rookie named Jake Gardiner

On the bright side, Gardiner looks like the real deal. I'd keep Phaneuf but yeah, Komisarek is a liability back there and Schenn is pretty spotty. Gardiner is impressive, he skates so well and is cool under pressure. Like his game a lot.

Originally Posted by onthehunt526

I'm a Flames fan... and sadly they have to win their final two games to even have a chance to make the playoffs... Which is kinda sad... four teams in the Pacific Division have a chance to get the #3 seed which is a joke because frankly that division is a joke... but the East has the same dilemma with the Southeast Division... but only Florida and Washington can win that division... Speaking of the Southeast Division... I wanna congratulate the Winnipeg Jets on achieving much more than I expected out of them... I know probably none of you will agree with me... but they logged the most frequent flyer mileage of any NHL team... consider this there closest interconference team is in Toronto! Their closest divisional rival is Washington! IMHO when the NHL does realignment this summer... Winnipeg belongs in the Western Conference. Period! My guess would be either the Central (sending Nashville to the Southeast)... or the Northwest (sending Minnesota to the Central and Nashville to the Southeast)...

The Rangers are the talk of the NHL... first team to 50 wins... Tied with Vancouver for the race for the President's Trophy... with a game in hand... one more win... and 46 regulation and overtime wins vs. Vancouver's 42... so even if they finish with the same point total and wins... The Rangers would win the Presdient's Trophy... and the curse will be lifted this year if New York wins the President's Trophy...

No one seems to wanna win the President's Trophy... but when the Rangers won the Cup in 1994... They won the President's Trophy... so who knows

I totally agree with you and I was also really angry (still am) that the NHLPA blew up the realignment plan that was in place for some political move with regard to the CBA. I really hope they go back to the plan they had, because I thought it was perfect. No offense, but I absolutely hate being in the Northwest. Not necessarily because of the teams we play, but more because of how much MN is forced to travel to different time zones for every division opponent. Plus none of the teams we play would be considered natural rivals. The realignment they had almost looked like the old Norris.

Originally Posted by shamus

I totally agree with you and I was also really angry (still am) that the NHLPA blew up the realignment plan that was in place for some political move with regard to the CBA. I really hope they go back to the plan they had, because I thought it was perfect. No offense, but I absolutely hate being in the Northwest. Not necessarily because of the teams we play, but more because of how much MN is forced to travel to different time zones for every division opponent. Plus none of the teams we play would be considered natural rivals. The realignment they had almost looked like the old Norris.

actually you would be exacly right the Central would be the old Norris... if Winnipeg would be placed in the Northwest Division with Calgary, Colorado, Edmonton and Vancouver... (which just add the L.A. Kings) would almost be the old Smythe... (except the Smythe was Calgary, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Vancouver, Winnipeg back before San Jose joined the league in 1991)... the old Norris if I'm not mistaken was Chicago, Detroit, Minnesota, St. Louis and Toronto... so basically with Nashville in the East... Columbus would replace Toronto from the old Norris... Am I making sense?

Oh before I forget the Rangers clinched the East last night with their 5-3 victory over Philly... Vancouver also won... but in another shootout... which basically means with each team having two games to play... The Rangers have the upper hand on the President's Trophy for all you Vancouver fans... because the Rangers have 51 wins first off... 47 ROW... Vancouver has 50 wins... 42 ROW... so even if they finished with the same point total... let's say 111 points (which would shutout St. Louis for the #1 seed in the West) and both finished 51-22-9... the Rangers would win the President's Trophy with the Regulation and OT wins tiebraker.

What's in Shane's Bag?Β  Β  Β 

Ball: 2022 :callaway:Β Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8Β° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple DiamondΒ Β H: :callaway:Β Apex Pro 21 20Β°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway:Β Jaws Raw 50Β°, 54Β°, 60Β° UST Recoil 110Β Putter: :odyssey:Β Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Certainly hoping for a good playoff run from the Flyers. My first-round predictions:

Eastern Conference:

Rangers in 6

Bruins in 5

Devils in 7

Flyers in 6

Western Conference:

Canucks in 5

Blues in 5

Coyotes in 7

Predators in 6

-Rich

I don't have a dog in this fight since MN crapped the bed again.

I'm hitching my fandom to the Devils and Blues this postseason. MN receives an extra draft pick if the Devils get to the ECF, but both teams have former Sioux players so that helps.

Yeah, it was great to see Bryz buckle down after that first period. The Flyers really limited the Penguins' scoring chances later on, too.

And yeah, it's nice to see Briere continue his playoff success. I was really hoping he'd show up, and it looks like he did - for this game, anyway.

-Rich

Let's Go Rangers

Callaway Razr Hawk Driver, Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood, Callaway Diablo Edge Irons, Adams Idea Tech V3 4 Iron, Cleveland CG15 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges, Ping Sydney Putter, NY Giants Head Covers

Originally Posted by darkhunter139

What a game.

Couturier and Giroux took that game over.Β  Couturier is defending Malkin amazingly.

I still have trouble believing that I'm over a year older than Couturier.

-Rich

Note:Β This thread is 4317 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!