IGNORED

Have you bought new clubs for 2012?

Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My wife bought me the jpx 800 pros for my Bday and I absolutely love them. I just finished playing 7 rounds in Puerto Rico. Back to NY now but with this weather I should still be able to play once a week.

bought Nike VR_S forged irons at half the list price, they are amazing.  Great feel of forged but the face is so hot!  also picked up a Ping i15 driver for less than $100 and have been killing it.  Last had to buy the RBZ 3 wood and I am not joking this thing is long and straight.  Almost don't need to carry a driver anymore

For this year, I purchased a new set of Callaway RAZR X Tour 4-PW irons, an R9 3 wood, and a Vokey 52* to fill the 52* that was in my old set. Got to love eBay and Global Golf!

First time Ping owner......i20 irons and i20 driver they arrive today.  I tried to not like them but they just perform.  Now we will see how they perform on the course.

"New" to me Titleist 695MB 3-PW.  I contemplated going with another cavity back, like The 07' X-Forged, or the 695CB, but the MPF ratings on those place them higher up the GI scale than my 755's already are.  The MB's are only 78 points off, so why the hell not?  If they don't work out right away, I'll swap them into my bag one at a time as I get comfortable with them.  The lofts are the same except for the 3-5 iron, as they are off by one degree.

• 2 weeks later...

NIce Titleist ^^^ pick up, errr, steal.

I am adding a Rocketballs Rescue 25 as a 4i sub. It will have an aftermarket shaft and shorter length.

I am auditioning lob wedges for really tight conditions - just bought a Titleist SM4 60-10 and 62-07. Will probably sell them for a Miura Black Lob Wedge when my guy can do a heel grind.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Those are great looking clubs Moparman426!  And good deal on them!

I just found out today I get to pick up my new set on the 31st!  They initially told me my Iron set wouldn't be available until May, but they called around and got them early for me!  I must say this company has impressed me every time I have dealt with them! Excellent fitters, and very high quality of customer service!

Will post pictures after I pick them up!

Mitch G

Finally replaced the old 3wood that I purchased on ebay when I started playing a few years ago.  It was the only "R" shaft left in my bag, which made it the odd man out.  Picked up a Ping i20 15* with Project X Graphite 6.0.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by marcv68

U bet I did,all the clubs in my signature were all bought this year.All in all I spent about $1300.00 this year.Oh i forgot to mention my new shafts for my driver and 3 wood which cost 100 total.They were from AXE.What awesome shafts.Also the cash I spent on Golf Pride Muti-compound grips.At 9 bucks a grip that comes to $117 dollars for new grips,I play midsize.I did noy buy the wedges or putter this year.They r 2 yrs.old

I am looking to put an AXE shaft in the R11 just like you. Can you tell me what shaft you went from (stock Blur) and what model you went to and how the change has worked out?

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Forgot to add that I got the Tour Edge CB4 3 wood. Blows the RBZ (and everything else) out of the water. Great club and it really is LONG and straight. Best 3 wood on the market (my opinion).

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Been playing for exactly a year, decided to get some decent stuff now that I know I'll stick with the game.

Odyssey White Ice #9 35". Love the feel, might shorten it eventually .

Callaway Diablo Edge Steel 3-PW, which according to UPS should be arriving tomorrow . Interested to see whats gonna happen with these strong lofts, they seem to be in between RBZ's and Dragon's Mizunos for both loft and length.

Well ive used s**t clubs since ive been a kid now 25..ive baught and still filling the bag..all new with plastic wrap so i know it wasnt used..2010 burner superfast driver, 2011 burner superfast 3 wood, 2011 burner superfast 5 wood, r11 irons 4-aw (sandwedge getting next payday), and oddesey white hot #7 mallet putter....thinking of getting  a hybrid or 2 aswell...why i went with these..they are apealing to me and from what i tested i smacked em best with these!!

New set of JPX Irons for me.....First mizuno's and first time being fitted. They're 2 degrees flat.........Finally had them on the course for the first time yesterday. Getting Fit changes everything.

Got a set of "Like New" Cally RAZR X (4-SW) from Cally Pre-owned back in february, then when the price fell out of the barrel on the Burner 2.0, I just couldn't afford to pass them up.  I've spent a little time practicing/comparing the two sets, and was looking forward to seeing how the Burners worked out, because they feel so good.

Well - the Cally's up to this point are "points above" the Burners, at least for me.  I have really experienced solid, piercing ball-striking with these clubs, and all the clubs fell like they belong in the same set (they all hit about the same, in terms of ball flight.  They have the True Temper "Uniflex" type shafts, which feel to me like they are in between a reg and stiff flex.  The burners feel great in the practice swings, but I just can't seem to get a solid ballstrike out of them yet.  It may be because of the shaft (reg TM Graphite) and the lighter overall weight.  I'm sure I'll get used to them eventually, if I ever decide to put the RAZR X's down.  For now, the Burner 2.0's are in the backup/guest bag.

I also picked up a couple Adams V-tech hybrids to replace the A7's I sold with a set of irons.  Very Easy to hit, but I am "yankin" them a little.  They have the Bassara Reg flex shafts, and may be a little loose for me.  But I'll get used to them.

My Bag:

-- Cobra S3 Driver, 10.5 stiff

-- Ping G15 17 Deg 4 W, Reg Flex Aldila Serrano

-- Adams Idea Tech V3 Hyvrids - 3H, 4H, Bassara Reg Flex

-- Callaway X Hot Pro Irons - 5-AW, PX-95, 6.0 flex

-- Cleveland CG12- 56 Deg

-- Odyssey XG Marxman Putter  

Wanted to try a set of blades but didn't want to invest a fortune in case I wanted to go back to my X20's.  So I built a set of Snake eyes 685X forged clubs.  So far I'm really liking them.  Put in TT Dynamic Gold shafts and went with the Pure grips.  Once I figured out how to install the grips it was a piece of cake.

Note: This thread is 4409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!