IGNORED

"It's in the (%&#$*#) Hole!"

Bull worker
Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I may be the only person that feels this way, but I strongly believe there needs to be a team of enforcers who travel from PGA event to PGA event.  The purpose of this team is to enforce the "It's in the Hole!" rule.  If you are at an event, and you yell it (It's in the hole!), the team takes you behind a palm tree, cactus or rock, and pummels you until you promise not to do yell it again.  It was funny when  Bill Murray mumbled it in Caddie Shack, and it was funny the first time someone yelled it at an event.  But...now it is droll and irritating.

Not to start an argument but I don't understand why you let it bother you.  They paid their money to get in and don't harm a soul in saying "It's in the hole".  Are you that sensitive about what people say when you play?

Butch

It doesn't really bother me much, I just think it's outright goofy. If you're gonna yell anything it should be either, "MASHED POTATOES" or "JACKASS!!".

But it's only really funny if you're dressed up as "Where's Waldo."

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You gotta love the guy who yells, 'ITS IN THE HOLE" on the tee shot of a 500-yard par-5.  Id love to see these on-course idiots dealt with as well because theyre just doing it to be obnoxious.  Id like to see someone go to where they work and when they are trying to concentrate on their work, pop up and yell something stupid about what they are doing.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I've only ever heard people yell out "Get in the hole!". They don't say "It's in the hole!"

Every time I hear it, I think "how original!" I wonder why noone has ever though ogf saying that before" It's so funny!.

I agree - they should be removed from the course. It's getting worse.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by ghalfaire

Not to start an argument but I don't understand why you let it bother you.  They paid their money to get in and don't harm a soul in saying "It's in the hole".  Are you that sensitive about what people say when you play?

Do you have a high sensitivity to people who call out drunken oafs?

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Bull worker

I may be the only person that feels this way, but I strongly believe there needs to be a team of enforcers who travel from PGA event to PGA event.  The purpose of this team is to enforce the "It's in the Hole!" rule.  If you are at an event, and you yell it (It's in the hole!), the team takes you behind a palm tree, cactus or rock, and pummels you until you promise not to do yell it again.  It was funny when  Bill Murray mumbled it in Caddie Shack, and it was funny the first time someone yelled it at an event.  But...now it is droll and irritating.

Im with you man!! Its annoying as all hell!!!! I dont understand why these drunken retards even say it every freakin time. Like teeing off on a 550 yard Par 5… "GET IN THE HOLE" WTF!? Seriously?? Go drown yourself in the lake… You're a moron…

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Paying to get in doesnt mean that they get to be obnoxious.  I'll tell you what, the next time youre going to go play golf let me know and on every tee shot I'll stand on the side of the tee box and scream, "GET IN THE HOLE" as loud as I can.  We'll see how many holes it takes before you get sick of it and tell me to get lost.

• Upvote 1

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by TitleistWI

Paying to get in doesnt mean that they get to be obnoxious.  I'll tell you what, the next time youre going to go play golf let me know and on every tee shot I'll stand on the side of the tee box and scream, "GET IN THE HOLE" as loud as I can.  We'll see how many holes it takes before you get sick of it and tell me to get lost.

EXACTLY!!! And if these Pro's weren't as mentally strong there would be a lot of bruised and bloodied spectators… Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

EXACTLY!!! And if these Pro's weren't as mentally strong there would be a lot of bruised and bloodied spectators… Hahaha

Agree.  Id expect someone to beat me over the head with a golf club if I did something like that. LOL

Yeah it is annoying. Its pretty much every shot now, so I don't know if its annoying or just so overdone.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Id like to see someone go to where they work and when they are trying to concentrate on their work, pop up and yell something stupid about what they are doing.

IT'S IN THE DEEP FRYER!!!!!!!!!!!!

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I'm tired of hearing it when watching PGA events.  I used to only hear it a few times and now it seems some idiot yells it on every single shot.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Quote:

Pay me a million dollars for 4 days work and I'll put up with it.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by Shorty

I've only ever heard people yell out "Get in the hole!". They don't say "It's in the hole!"

Every time I hear it, I think "how original!" I wonder why noone has ever though ogf saying that before" It's so funny!.

I agree - they should be removed from the course. It's getting worse.

They are right up there with the geniuses who drive by the course and honk their horn and yell fore.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by walk18

Yeah it should be stopped. However, I would like to hear someone yell "rocketballz!" after a taylormade sponsored player hits. Just for a few days.

Someone did on Rose's tee shot on 18.

Note: This thread is 4414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!