IGNORED

"Normal" loft for irons

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

All I can say is good luck to you octabogey when you are 100yards from the pin and you have to carry the water to get there... You could spend 200dollars + easily filling the gap between your 44* PW and a standard 55* SW... How much are a new set of diablo's these days? Now add in 2 maybe 3 wedges..

Now how much will you appreciate the fact that your PW travels 140yards.. These Game Improvement Irons can be very decieving and will not always help you where it counts (@100yards)

But like I said... Good Luck and I hope you hit em Long(when needed) and straight!

Originally Posted by octabogey

That set is similar to the callaways diablos I just ordered. They start at 19, but their lofts go a little higher as they progress.

3-19

4-22

5-25

6-28

7-32

8-36

9-40

PW-44

These are supposed to be game improvement irons, so I imagine they're trying to get distance/forgivibility/etc in one club. I guess we'll see how they do.

Thanks for the good wishes! Ironically  I actually hit my first birdie ever today on a par 3 that was about 100yds . However to be fair I've had many potential birdie putts before, and today's birdies (had several) were more of a result of my putting improvements than anything else. I've always that found I could just feel out those weird approach shots with my SW PW or 9 by manipulating my swing, my short(er) game has actually usually been the strongest for me. I have also never hit my PW 140 yds, even with these strong lofts. I've gained about 1 club distance with most of my irons, maybe half or less with my 9 and PW. The biggest benefit I've seen so far is a smaller gap between clubs, as well as consistency in shots.

The two biggest adjustments I've had to make with these irons are their length(of shaft), and how they look at address. I'll admit these look kinda funny at address, and I'm still getting used to aligning them. I'll probably start a thread about these irons after I've played a little more with them, but I am liking these clubs. They no doubt have some benefits for us high handicappers, but to be honest I think the most important gains are not the ones they are advertising. I guess increasing your distance sells better than increasing your consistency...

Originally Posted by DaveyDigger

All I can say is good luck to you octabogey when you are 100yards from the pin and you have to carry the water to get there... You could spend 200dollars + easily filling the gap between your 44* PW and a standard 55* SW... How much are a new set of diablo's these days? Now add in 2 maybe 3 wedges..

Now how much will you appreciate the fact that your PW travels 140yards.. These Game Improvement Irons can be very decieving and will not always help you where it counts (@100yards)

But like I said... Good Luck and I hope you hit em Long(when needed) and straight!

Originally Posted by octabogey

They no doubt have some benefits for us high handicappers, but to be honest I think the most important gains are not the ones they are advertising. I guess increasing your distance sells better than increasing your consistency...

It absolutely does. Beginners and/or higher handicaps seem to be first and foremost concerned with distance. They want the long ball...and will worry about accuracy later. Look at how the RBZ woods were advertised...very little if anything on consistency, but "17+ Yards longer!"

As for lofts, there really isn't a norm. They have been getting stronger over the years. Now the closest things to a traditional loft setup are found on players CB and blades. Sets starting at a 21* 3 iron and going to a 47-48* PW with 3-4* spacing in between. As you get closer to GI and SGI, the lofts get progressively stronger, up to an extreme like the RBZ irons with a 17.5* 3 iron. GI and SGI clubs are built to easily launch the ball in the air, higher launch can lose distance, so the increased lofts will help even it out.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

• 1 year later...
Talking about stronger lofts I got a set of adams tight lies that are about 2 degrees stronger than all other sets. 6-29'

NIke VRS covert

Mini driver 14 degree

Nike covert 5 wood

taylormade sldr 4 hybrid

Taylormade Rocketballz Irons:  6-aw

Taylormade atv  56,60,64

Jpl Putter

Nxt tour s yellow

Note: This thread is 3710 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!