IGNORED

is the USGA protecting the game?

twittek
Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

unless you maxed out the robots swing to the fastest swing on tour..its not gonna be effective is what I'm saying.  Say they chose 110 for the swing speed of the robot...it'll provide a certain distance but guys who swing faster will either be severely handicapped due to ball deformation or they will be longer than the stated yardage cap.

If they chose the fastest swing on tour for their measurements, then you're probably gonna affect the ones who swing slower than that.

All in all, I don't the a "max yardage" is the solution.  Working with the COR is a start, though.  I still think compression would be a better choice for lowering distance.

I played a lot of softball and COR and compression were always a big topic.  Compression makes a vastly bigger difference on distance and ball speed vs. COR.

Softballs that were 400 compression(same test, just different strength of materials) flew much further than balls that were 375 compression.  Changing from a 44 COR to a 40 COR produced negligble results.

My philosophy on golf "We're not doing rocket science, here."

you're correct, the number of people who play "golf" and can't break 100 is about 50%.  Most of these 50% don't belong to a golf league or any other organized golf playing organization and don't keep handicaps.  While I don't know of any statistics what would support this my experiences says they probably couldn't break 120 if they played by the rules of golf.  But they enjoy the game and contribute to the golf economy so glad they are aboard.

Originally Posted by saevel25

I doubt its 99.9% arn't breaking 100. Living were i am at, thats 175 people. I play with 20 of them in my golf league alone. they can break 100 easily. I doubt my one golf league has 11% of the 175.

I agree, limit the balll not the club. Though i think pro drivers should go back down to around 400cc, but keep the COR to 0.830

Butch

Note: This thread is 4410 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!